NEurope
Stocka

Special moments in Gaming

We've all had them, plenty of emotional ones especially. I'll start us off with a personal favourite.

Vyse, Aika, Drachma and Fina are all together in the ship when they get attacked by the massive whale, Drachma falls away and it seems like he has died and Vyse gets seperated from Aika and Fina. Vyse ends up on a deserted island, and you go directly 'into his skin' and feel like you are him, as you write entries into the diary each evening and feel lonely, and lost.

That part is so special :)

Skies of Arcadia

Tales of Symphonia

Near the end of the game it gets very emotional especially when everyone is scarafysing themselves for Lloyd to carry on. Can't really remember the order, Sheena stays back to fight the remains of the tree she falls down somewhere, Regal leaves you to fight the angels, Presea gets caught by the vines of the tree to save Lloyd, Rain stays in the room that gets shattered and Genis saves you from getting caught by letting himself get caught.

At first i was really sad coz i though that they were dead. But it was Amazing when they all came back to help you fight Lord Yygdrasivile (sp)

One of my favourite games. It's in my Top 3.

Killer 7

The flashbacks in the Hotel scene. I don't want to ruin it for anybody, but it's just incredible as you see everything finally come together. Plus it's done in a way that best most Hollywood films in terms of style and atmosphere.

Can I suggest spoiler tags for this thread, please? I've completed Tales of Symphonia but if I hadn't, I'd be rather annoyed at that spoiler.

Can I suggest spoiler tags for this thread, please? I've completed Tales of Symphonia but if I hadn't, I'd be rather annoyed at that spoiler.

:laughing: Kratos is actually noishe

:laughing: Kratos is actually noishe

:indeed:

That made me laugh XD

I'd have to say the same as Nintendo Fan, that part on Tales of Symphonia had me so worked up, by the time i got to Yagdrasill i was so icthing to kick his ass for what had happened.

TOS had many great emotional moments like that but that was the best due to the events that happen in, i think its because the characters are so lovable that you start to relate to them like you would your friends.

Also the ending of Ocarina of Time (by this i mean from when you find the "7th" sage in the Temple of Time up to the end). When Ganon kidnaps the "7th sage" it made me angery, the cut-scene before the battle with Ganondorf reignited my desire to kick his ass six ways from sunday and the ending was just magical

Mario 64

This was the greatest moment in gaming ever. EVER. Just starting the game in the castle garden and experience for the first time full 3d control. Running through the garden with the birds following you and tweeting is just... oh god I'm crying. :P

Zelda:OoT

So many great moments. From the beggining, to Deku Tree's death. Pulling the Master Sword out and striking ganon down. The awesomeness of the ending goes without mention.

Wind Waker The beggining of the game where they tell the story of the Hero, Valoo burning Ganons Tower and the ending. Wow.

Metroid Prime

Controlling Samus for the first time in 3D and entering Phendrana Drifts. Lovely

Super Metroid

The first minutes where everything is silent and moody. Great game

Shadow of the Colossus

The ending. So.Freaking.Beautiful.

New Super Mario Bros

Mario's back bitches! In 2D! Hells yeah!

Eternal Darkness

The beggining and the ending, best narration ever. And all those crazy ass sanity effects, like seeing a guy that hanged himself over a piano.

Yeah it's a big list, so I'll just stay here :P

EDIT:

Anyone that comes here not expecting spoilers has to be retarded.

I don't mean to spoil the game for anyone, can a moderator change the name of this thread e.g. Includes spoilers

Ah that reminds me of sticking proximity mines in my friends' backs in PD. Ah memories.

Wow. Hiking up a mountain on foot and making the crest just as a gryphon flies overhead, framed against a landscape of snow and forests..

god it's good.

Tales of Symphonia

Near the end of the game it gets very emotional especially when everyone is scarafysing themselves for Lloyd to carry on. Can't really remember the order, Sheena stays back to fight the remains of the tree she falls down somewhere, Regal leaves you to fight the angels, Presea gets caught by the vines of the tree to save Lloyd, Rain stays in the room that gets shattered and Genis saves you from getting caught by letting himself get caught.

At first i was really sad coz i though that they were dead. But it was Amazing when they all came back to help you fight Lord Yygdrasivile (sp)

One of my favourite games. It's in my Top 3.

That was great, but also reminded me of Final Fantasy IV [Which I'm actually playing now on teh GBA] where characters sacrifice themselves to save j00. Most notably Palom and Porom, who turn themselves to stone to stop the walls closing in on you.

Awsome topic. I would have to agree that my fav would be that part in Tales of Symphonia. I honestly shed a couple tears :weep:

Im sure there was another game that almost made me tear! I'll have to look thru my library of games :D It actually might be another part of ToS when Kratos + Lloyd fight..

TOS had many great emotional moments like that but that was the best due to the events that happen in, i think its because the characters are so lovable that you start to relate to them like you would your friends.

Clearly we must be playing different games.

Yes, I imagine that death would've seemed special if several people hadn't ruined the reveal beforehand.

Oh, wait, there's something topical going on there.

Yeah okay use spoilers from now on guys.

Halfway through fighting the Shadow Queen at the end of the game, the sequence where all the friends you've met on the journey send their good luck as power, and the crystal stars music plays. As annoying as it got having to watch it over and over again as it took me quite a few goes to complete the boss, it was always a warm feeling.

Guild Wars Factions

I was walking thorugh a particularly hard level on cantha with my team of 8 real players and 2 npc's, we got into this room which trigerred a cut-scene. Tons of enemies poured out of every corner of the map and through holes on the ground, too many for just us to handle. But then you see a group of 8 npc's rushing down the stairs to help you. 17 people surrounding me all casting there spells and skills. Screen as a blur with all the colour, but was a great feeling as we worked together to take out hordes of monsters. Great moment...and game.

Ps. PM me for my name

Not really a spoiler, plus i cant seem to work them??

Another Code.

Towards the end, when it's all (finally) unravelling and you know the truth, and when the family's back together. Then the birthday cake bit was a nice, happy surprise.

Too many to choose from, Im gonna go with either.

ZELDA OOT:

And On Goldeneye:

EDIT: not sure why my spoilers on working...

God there are far too many... but heres a run down.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: Getting the last trophey! :D

FEAR: The ending, enough said.

Pokémon Red/Blue: Beating the Elite Four, then having to battle the "real champion" >_>

Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Pulling the master sword from the pedastool. Awesome... fucking awesome.

Killer7: Some of the story parts with Susie... shes a crazy head.

NEW Super Mario Bros.: Hearing the Mario 1 finishing level music and the fireworks is awesome! :D

I don't think single player moments come anywhere close to multiplayer goodness.

Things like rocking up to the enemy base in Halo 2, dropping in through the roof for a sneaky flag steal with a shotgun to the face for anyone silly enough to try anything. Then wheel-spinning away from the base in a warthog while you and your team mates all laugh their heads off.

And don't even get me started on the WoWz man.

Killer 7

The flashbacks in the Hotel scene. I don't want to ruin it for anybody, but it's just incredible as you see everything finally come together. Plus it's done in a way that best most Hollywood films in terms of style and atmosphere.

Seconded, when i saw that scene i forgot all about the crappy blood collecting i had to endure to get there. Soooo worth it

Final Fantasy VI Opera scene is one of the most clever things ive ever seen in a videogame.

Beach Spikers- the ultimate social drinking game. I would have said NFL2K2 for Dreamcast but even the girls would stick around and play Beach Spikers

Tales of Symphonia

An absolute outstanding moment there. I loved every second of it as it was so epic.

Metal Gear Solid 3

The whole ending was very emotional and well put together and the twist made it all the more welcome. Also when Snake gets the living hell beat out of him I never wanted revenge so much in a videogame.

Final Fantasy 8 and 10

Again the ending sequences for both of these games is truely rewarding and emotional. One of the few games where I have had tears in my eyes when seeing the ending.

Zelda:OOT

Nuf said.

when i first played FFVII i was amazed by the cinamatic start and then was buzzing all the way to the scorpion boss once had killed him had to leave store..i knew at that moment i HAD to get this game. (brought for PC :P)

Another gaming moment in bout december i think was killing Razorgore for the first time with my guild on world of warcraft (first boss in blackwing lair). All 40 in the guild were going YESSSSS...AT LAST on the chat and on the microphones everyone was saying well done. During the fight on last 20% of razors HP my heart was on overload. great moment

Completing sonic 1 on megadrive i remember was a good moment as well for me cause at time was pretty young and loved the game so much

Final Fantasy VII. End of disc one.

No idea what I'm on about? Play it.. you'll never play a more enthralling story.

I really have to play Zelda, Killer 7, Metroid, Metal Gear Solid and most importantly Gears of War.

I wish my PS2 hadn't broken.. so many great games i've missed.