NEurope
Hal_9Million

See The Controller In Action (RECOMENDED)

Good god its taking it's time to download.

Can all the other several million people downloading the file pause for a couple of minutes?

I've been studying the video closely, and I noticed that on the video the 2 buttons at the bottom of the controller sat x and y rather than a and b. interesting.

It's probably because a and b are at the top really, but i guess it could be the other way around i suppose, however them two buttons at the bottom i don't see how you'd use them as the majority of the time it looks like you use the trigger. So how exactly do you play SNES games on that then? Have they said anything about that. And i agree with domster beat em ups look like they'll be difficult to play, FPS will own though by the sounds of things!

It's probably because a and b are at the top really, but i guess it could be the other way around i suppose, however them two buttons at the bottom i don't see how you'd use them as the majority of the time it looks like you use the trigger. So how exactly do you play SNES games on that then? Have they said anything about that. And i agree with domster beat em ups look like they'll be difficult to play, FPS will own though by the sounds of things!

You can use Gamecube controllers, remember?

As for the a and b buttons at the bottom, you can hold the controller horizontally (as well as vertically).

You can use Gamecube controllers, remember?

As for the a and b buttons at the bottom, you can hold the controller horizontally (as well as vertically).

The Revo controller is awesome, great design and a great new way to play games. But this is buggin me a bit, could the Revo use the GC controller to play Revo games for those who dont want to use the new controller all the time.

I hope the cube pad can be used. I don't want all the games using this function, some genres might not just fit it so well.

I hope the cube pad can be used. I don't want all the games using this function, some genres might not just fit it so well.

Backed. Looks pretty fun though. But im not sure people will want to adapt when they can get a regular controller for the xbox 360.

Mistake?

I'm pretty sure the point of having the cube controller available means that the Revolution controller (as Spong did say) will be optional. It wouldn't be good for the idea to be 'forced' onto people and like some of you rightly pointed out it wouldn't work with some games (although I must admit I can't think of any it couldn't work with).

Yeah seen the vid. I still find it good for some stuff but limited for others.

Yeah, I agree. It looks great and has potentail, but I just don't see it working

for everything. We'll just have to wait and see I guess...

I don't think we can say that it won't work for some things. This is all about new experiences, taking games forward. The controller expansion allows for any number of new methods of interacting. When we don't know anything about the games or the other expansions there is no way we can say it "can't" do anything. All we know is that it can do a hell of a lot of stuff no other input device can do. The demos looks strong and the sensitivity and design is well thought out.

This controller is, to put it simply, revolutionary. It is beyond exciting. It's leaps and bounds above anything I expected and so well thought out. It makes Sony and Microsoft look boring.

To the person who asked "can we use the Gamecube controller for Revolution games" the answer would be no. There's no way they could make a game to take full advantage of that controller and then go back to the old way of controlling. And I don't understand why anyone would want to, it's like playing a Gamecube game on a SNES pad.

I think it's most likely being misunderstood, they most likely mean that games designed for the Rev will need to use the Rev controllers, ports of games from otehr systems will either be adapted by the developers or will use a more traditional controller.

(although I must admit I can't think of any it couldn't work with).

The only games I can think of that wont work with it are 2-d fighting games wich use 4-6 buttons. eg. street fighter

Backed. Looks pretty fun though. But im not sure people will want to adapt when they can get a regular controller for the xbox 360.

Mistake?

Then why did people "adapt" to the 64 controller and analog sticks? If we just keep using the same controllers, games will never move forward!

Then why did people "adapt" to the 64 controller and analog sticks? If we just keep using the same controllers, games will never move forward!

Exactly. If we didn't progress, we'd still be playing 2D sidescrollers where you 3 options. Run forward, run backwards and jump. :heh:

I must see this, I just one to know how to play it...

*downloads it*

see some thing of the movie, and it's even more realistic playing, as you watch that video!

I will probably get an XBOX 360 for "traditional" games and a Revolution to play the games that will ONLY be available on Nintendos console :)

true, but is this the step in the wrong direction? i meen theres got to be some better way of controlling than well that. Yeah i thought it looked good at the start, but that trailer put me off even more. Who wants to be waving a stick around when you just want a relaxing game on zelda or something. I believe they have made a bad mistake about doing it IMO and i cant really see why microsoft or sony would want to copy this anyway. Sorry but nintendo has moved down in my book. :sad:

Those wondering how to play more traditional games should note that a "regular controller" extension has been suggested for the extension half of the thing.

i can see that by using this there will be less control over games like platforming, where the sensitivity of controls is critical. also i think that the designers need the controls in each game to be immaculate, otherwise it wont be to difficult to trigger an undesired action in the game simply by flicking your wrist 1 degree out of motion.