NEurope
british lad

Brutal fight scenes in films

Tom Yum Goong... it has one scene which is just brilliant, the amount of limbs broken and the manner in which they are is awesome! Also his fight with the guy doing caporiera in a Buddhist Temple is brilliant!

Matrix >>>>>>>> Matrix 2 > Matrix 3.

Fact. The first one still had an edge and style that was completely disregarded in the second and third films.

Matrix >>>>>>>> Matrix 2 > Matrix 3.

Fact. The first one still had an edge and style that was completely disregarded in the second and third films.

To be honest, the sequels didn't even make any damn sense. I once spent a whole evening just trying to make sense of what the hell The Architect (who looks hilariously like the KFC logo) was blathering on about. Several hours later, I finally worked out that it was english. I swear to god, he just sits there and talks about NOTHING. NOTHING!!!

The film isnt really brutal in any way but I love the car chase in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Where hes standing in the back of the car with a golf club and smacks the baddie over head with it. N cut aways or anything, I was surprised they put that in a Hollywood film. Ong Bak kicks ass.

Anyone remember thebit in Evil Dead where the girl got stabbed in ankle by a Deadite with a pencil and it just keeps shoving it in and moving it around? One of my mates nearly threw up when he saw that :laughing: .

The film isnt really brutal in any way but I love the car chase in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Where hes standing in the back of the car with a golf club and smacks the baddie over head with it. N cut aways or anything, I was surprised they put that in a Hollywood film. Ong Bak kicks ass.

Anyone remember thebit in Evil Dead where the girl got stabbed in ankle by a Deadite with a pencil and it just keeps shoving it in and moving it around? One of my mates nearly threw up when he saw that :laughing: .

Dont forget the girl being raped by the tree, that was interesting,

The bit in Evil dead 2(?) whetre he's chasing his hand around is grizzly, hilarious and awesome.

Dont forget the girl being raped by the tree, that was interesting,

Yet oddly arousing....... Im kidding. Im gonna watch Evil Dead 2 tonight or tomorow, its a classic and I cant believe Ive gone this long without watching it again.

Is it blood or cum?
What part is that in reference to? :hmm:

Yes the film is very very graphic, the whole fire extinguisher to face is quite disgusting. i found the 20minute rape scene involving monica belluci and some horny heroin snorting french dude more shocking to be honest. it was done in 1 shot aswell, well a lot of the film was done in one shot, altho the dudes penis was cg.

Yeh, overall the film is pretty twisted and sick. Although it's not a fight scene, the rape part is equally as shocking as the fire extinguisher scene, but obviously for different reasons.

I haven't watched the film in a while, but I could never forget it. The film has brilliant editing work throughout and makes you kind of feel the drama that Cassel and Dupontel's characters are going through.

IMDB provides loads of info actually, and apparently of 2,400 people at the film's Cannes premiere, 200 walked out.

Also a notible mention should go to Goodfellas. Either of the scenes where Henry Hill batters that bloke over the head with a gun for touching his girlfriend Karen or when they have Billy Batts in the boot of the car and they stab him up in the middle of nowhere. Classic film though.

I've been wanting to see OldBoy, but for some reason I can never find it.

The fight scene from Anchorman is pretty brutal.

Most of Police Story (Jackie Chan) has some brutal fight scenes in. The biggest one takes place in a shopping mall. Watch the film to see all the scenes.

What part is that in reference to? :hmm:

uh, its during the rape scene, or yours must of been subbed differently.

But nevertheless a shocking film, not for the squemish. Also proves that monica belucci is a fantastic actress and not just Hot.

This one's pretty fucking cool.

Crappest acting ever. Seriously what the hell was that? I could go on but Im sure someone else will pitch in. The hanging by the eye socket thing is pretty good though.

I've always found Marlon Brando's fall to the machette scene in Apocalyspe Now to be terrifyingly brutal yet... wonderfully beautiful. It's helped by the fact that The End by the Doors is played as the scene goes on.

Yeah, great scene. Also, when the cow is being butchered somewhere else at the same time, adds to the effect.