NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
wackman

Progressive scan on the Wii

Hi,

question: Will the PAL Wii support component cable? The Pal GameCube doesn't. For the best quality we can buy a RGB Scart cable for our cube, wich is fina for a normal television. To play your wii games at 480p (progressive scan) however, you'll have to have a component cable.

So, does anybody know for sure that the Pal version of the Wii will support this cable?:confused:

No it isn't xernobyl, the RGB scart does not allow 480p, in fact PAL games don't support 480p. But Nintendo said 480p will be standart, so I suppose you won't have to buy any seperate cable.

RGB Scart is the same as the component cable.

nope, not the same, by far!

I think that Pal Wii will support it. Because of when Game Cube came out, we in Europe didn't have much tv so support Progressive scan. Usa and japan they got tv with Progressive scan long before we did.

But Pal Game Cube (old GC) did support Progressive scan , but the games did not. So we have to buy us games to use Progressive scan on our GC.

I think that Pal Wii will support it. Because of when Game Cube came out, we in Europe didn't have much tv so support Progressive scan. Usa and japan they got tv with Progressive scan long before we did.

But Pal Game Cube (old GC) did support Progressive scan , but the games did not. So we have to buy us games to use Progressive scan on our GC.

i thought so too, but i contacted Nintendo Netherlands (where i live) to ask them where i could buy the Component cable for my cube, and they told me that the Pal cube doesn't support that unfortunately. Nintendo just removed that option and replaced it with the RGB scart option..

They told me that the special RGB Scart cable was the best i could buy. That didn't really matter because i had a normal television at the time and it looked great with games on 60Hrz. But no i have a HD Projector with component and hdmi (wich Nintendo doesn't support) input and i'm planning on taking full advantage on that.

Sign in to follow this