NEurope
thomaschung

What will you buy at launch?

Viewtiful Joe 1 + 2 (Wish I hadnt traded these...:()

Skies of Arcadia (Wish I Hadnt got rid of this either...:()

On the plus side you can pick up Viewtiful Joe 1+2 fairly easily - They're on Gamestations 2 for £20 offer and you can find them at good prices online. Skies onthe other hand :cry: I did the exact same thing though and ended up buying it last week off ebay for £34. Its worth it :grin:

Anyway, back on topic!

Although it's disappointing that Mario Galaxy/Smash Bros are unlikely to be at launch it doesn't change the fact that we will definitley have some amazing games from day one.

Personally Zelda is top of my list as I want a nice, deep adventure game and I've been waiting on this for ages. This'll probably be suplemented by Wario Ware (I'm certain it will be at launch), Wii Sports and Monkey Ball. I'd like Prime 3 but I think I'll wait a little while, don't want two huge games on the go from day one. I'll also consider FF:CC, Dragon Quest, Excite Truck, Trauma Centre and Red Steel - Largely depending on what the final product ends up like, they will be purchased over time though.

So many good games :grin:

Sorry if this has been posted but this is the official USA Launch line-up confirmed by Nintendo themselves:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Wii Sports

Red Steel

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

Madden NFL 2007

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Metal Slug Anthology

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion

Elebits

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Blitz: The League

Rayman Raving Rabbids

SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab

Disney/Pixar's Cars

Not bad at all! No Warioware, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Excitetruck though! :hmm:

Thanks for that Owen as I havent seen it yet. Hopefully the UK will mirror most of them titles especially DQ and Metal Slug.

And you also have far too much money. :D

I thought 20 games for 'cube was relatively big, but dude, seriously. That's crazy.

I'm not suprised so many like the launch line-up, though doesn't look too appealing to those casual gamers I think.

Erm...Well I have around 55 or something, and my collection will end up being above 60.

I do agree with you about the casual gamer thing however...I think it needs a generic racer for launch. I'm sure EA will give the Wii Fifa 2007 though ;) So long as EA is making pleanty of Wii games...Only 1 so far :( Then it should do fine.

Also what about Virtual Console, and Accessories? I'll probably pick up 2nd remote and SD card. Hope they have a attachable hard drive as well.

Erm...Just buy any old USB external hard drive....

Sorry if this has been posted but this is the official USA Launch line-up confirmed by Nintendo themselves:

This list isn't confirmed by Nintendo. PalGN just simply copied IGN's article and added text that Nintendo had (supposedly) confirmed this list.

For me its gotta be:

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Red Steel

Others may also make that list but we will have to wait and see.

Changed my mind about launch games now. I think Zelda, Super Monkey Ball and Wii Sports are going to be the titles I pick up, then hopefully be able to get a second Wiimote aswell.

Does anyone know if there are any titles that will feature online functions at launch at all? As the absence on that info is starting to get annoying.

Suppose we'll have to wait till TGS for any mention of online. :indeed:

I will definitely be getting Zelda and if I have enough money I'll be getting Metroid as well

These are the ones I'm also interested in but they will have to wait a bit since I'm short on cash these days:

Red steel

Wario Ware

Mario Galaxy is also a sure buy when it comes out but I'm not really sure about Smash brothers. I bought it preowned for the cube but I never really got it so I traded it in to get RE4 cheaper

I want an online game aswell,that's concerning me.TP has online functionalities but that's about it.Maybe FF will be online ,I hope it is.

TP has online functionalities but that's about it.Maybe FF will be online ,I hope it is.

Where has it mentioned TP having online functions?

FF:CC has got to be online, would be a waste if it isn't.........but I can see them doing a GBA>GC style thing with the DS personally. I just hope that it isn't compulsary because getting a multiplayer game together just takes the piss with that. Reason enough why they need full online 4 player then in my eyes.

It was from a magazine,I think it was EGM i'll have a look just now.

Most likely get at lanch

TP

Corruption

Wii Sports

Red Steel

I will be getting other games as and when they come out