NEurope
thomaschung

What will you buy at launch?

My most likely purchases at launch will be:

1. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

3. Super Mario Galaxy (if it makes launch)

4. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

5. Red Steel (dependant on reviews)

6. An extra controller (if there aren't 2 packaged with it... as some speculate)

To the people who post these lists of 8+ games... Where do you get the time to play them? I mean come on :smile:

I have around 70 games for my gamecube, 20 for my DS, about 10 for my GBA and around 15 for my 360 and I have played just about all of them. Guess I have too much time on my hands :)

To the above post...hmm, i suppose you don't make a point of buying only 8.5 rated games and above right?

AAnyway, the games I will be getting are:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Red Steel (Maybe)

Rayman

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Metal Slug Anthology (YESS!! SOMEONE UP THERE STILL LIKES ME!!)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Excite Truck

It's frankly mindboggling that there are so many amazing games at launch.

From the Cube launch all I got was:

Rogue Squadron 2

Luigi's Mansion

Waverace

Although honestly, these games were utterly amazing, and I still play a load of waverace...the Wii launch is going to make me verrrry happy...best get to pre-ordering...

1 Zelda :heart:

2 Metroid :heart:

depending on reviews, maybe Red steel and Monkey ball. And i'm still hoping for a Mario galaxy at launch.... But Zelda and Metroid will do fine for a while.

mario, zelda. smashbros (wen it comes out)

I have around 70 games for my gamecube, 20 for my DS, about 10 for my GBA and around 15 for my 360 and I have played just about all of them. Guess I have too much time on my hands :)

forget time wat about money.

And you also have far too much money. :D

I thought 20 games for 'cube was relatively big, but dude, seriously. That's crazy.

I'm not suprised so many like the launch line-up, though doesn't look too appealing to those casual gamers I think.

well, I'll probably get Zelda and MP3. I was thinking about getting Red Steel, but everyone says the controls are weird, so I'll give it a miss, or rent it to see how it is. I might get FF:CC. but not Dragon Quest, and as for controllers, I'll probably get 3 more.

from dante's launch list:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

9. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

and maybe:

15. Trauma Center: Second Opinion

eventually:

Super Mario Galaxy

final fantasy crystal chronicals: crystal bearers

smash bros brawl (a must... must must must)

interestingly enough, those that i have chosen for launch are single player games. guess there goes my little plan for a wii party at my mates place..... ewww that sounds disgusting! (still making wee jokes here... ahh well)

To the above post...hmm, i suppose you don't make a point of buying only 8.5 rated games and above right?

You would think that wouldnt you but check out the Cube discussion boards for everyones collection and you will find not many of my titles ( if any )are rubbish games, infact most of them are Nintendo made games alongside Capcom and Sega and Namco ones. The same goes for my DS. The fact is its very rare that I sell any of my Nintendo games and I get all their consoles on release day so the collection is built up gradually, its not like I just went out and bought 70 games on one day.

As for the money issue I go to work everyday and I earn my cash so I think I have earned the right to spend it on games. Gaming is my favourite past-time so that is where most my cash goes, oh and DVDS aswell.

I got my Cube at launch and I have about 25 games. I have sold some crappy ones like Die Hard Vendetta, Splinter Cell and Warrior Within, just to name a few. There are still some games I would like to own, but I'll never reach half of 70. That's to be applauded - proper support for the Cube I think.

Just had a thought - my Hori pad should work on the Wii, so maybe I don't need to get the Retro controller. But I still might get one, I'm sure it'd be much better.

Monkey Ball and Metroid for me. Possibly Zelda and Rayman as well, depends on how much money I have.

Obviously Zelda, but less obvious yet evenly pertinent is the so far unnamed game where you get to orchestrate as Shigeru demonstrated, the Zelda-theme, at the E3-conference introduction. I'm quite the fan of classical music, and a conducting-simulation is priority number one à casa fanelia.

I only hope one can choose music of his onw liking, and so the game won't be limited to whatever playlist Nintendo provides.

1. Zelda

2. Super Mario Galaxy

3. Extra Wiimote

4. Wiisports

5. Red Steel or Metroid Prime 3

6. Rayman

I'll eat my hat if I can buy Galaxy at launch (unless I pass a sweet shop on the way, then I can eat that!)

Anyway I was wondering would it be cheaper to buy the console and games in a shop or online? Plus I'm sure it's been said but games are still gonna be £40 aren't they (in shops anyway)?

I'll have a bug mac and fries, with diet coke to go. Oh yeah, 2 apple pies also please.

God I wish Smash made to launch or Mario Galaxy... Oh well something to look forward to eh?

I beleive I shall save up $500 and buy EVERYTHING!!! BWAHAHAHA!!! Thats not enough is it? Zelda and Metroid are a must... and depending on how much money I got left... perhaps Rayman... and Excite Trucks... EeeEeEeeK I can't wait any longer!

You would think that wouldnt you but check out the Cube discussion boards for everyones collection and you will find not many of my titles ( if any )are rubbish games, infact most of them are Nintendo made games alongside Capcom and Sega and Namco ones. The same goes for my DS. The fact is its very rare that I sell any of my Nintendo games and I get all their consoles on release day so the collection is built up gradually, its not like I just went out and bought 70 games on one day.

As for the money issue I go to work everyday and I earn my cash so I think I have earned the right to spend it on games. Gaming is my favourite past-time so that is where most my cash goes, oh and DVDS aswell.

Yeah, well kudos to you bro, you seem to have a broader taste than me, I also got all the games I wanted...although I traded in about 12 and I Still have about 30 ish...?

I Have:

Starwars Rogue Squadron 2

Starwars Rogue Squadron 3

Super Mario Sunshine

Zelda: Wind Waker

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2

PoP: The Sands of Time

Pop: Warrior Within

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Luigis Mansion

Rayman 3

Waverace: Blue Storm

Super Smash Bros Melee

Hitman 2

Timesplitters 2

Timesplitters: Future Perfect

Beyond Good And Evil

Tales of Symphonia

Ikaruga

Winning Eleven: Final Evolution

Soul Calibur 2

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

SSX 3

F-Zero GX

Resident Evil (REmake)

Resident Evil 4

Starfox Adventures

WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

Pikmin

Eternal Darkness

Tony Hawks 3

Tony Hawks 4

Tony Hawks Underground

Which of these do you have? And What Others? I kinda thought myself to be a Cube elite lol, but obviously not...

What I used to have aswell was:

XIII

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

007: Nightfire

007: Agent Under Fire

Red Faction 2

Monkey Ball

Viewtiful Joe 1 + 2 (Wish I hadnt traded these...:()

1080 Avalanche

Burnout 2

Skies of Arcadia (Wish I Hadnt got rid of this either...:()

Pokemon Colosseum

Pokemon Box (Wasted sooo many Nintendo Vip Points on this...Still..Free Mem Card!!)

Mario Galaxy might make it as a launch.There's already 2 killer apps so it's not quite needed.My new confirmed list is :Wii Console ,Twilight Princess,Prime 3,Final Fantasy and maybe Red Steel.

I hope they don't release Galaxy as a launch title. It might be nice to have 3 massive games to choose from on launch day but there may be too many big games. They need to spread the titles out a bit. Smash Bros. and Mario Galaxy over the 6 months after launch will be exciting to wait for I think. Great while we're all getting on with Zelda and Metroid.

Things I'll be getting:

A Wii console

Extra controller or two

Maybe the classic controller as well.

Zelda : The Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption

Then depending on reviews MAYBE Red Steel and Wii Sports. Maybe....

Then I'll wait for Smash Bros Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy. Can't wait for SSBB...

Reading the posts, there was someone who said that there's not much for the casual gamer. I gotta agree with you, cos right now I don't see much for the casual gamer, people who do have lives outside of vidogames and prefer to see realism and great graphics in their next gen consoles. I just hope they'll be able to see the amount of fun you can have with the console and base their views on that, and not simply ignore the Wii cos of the "crap graphics" and "cartoony and childish" games.

Man, I hate it so much when my friends say that about Nintendo's games...:nono:

Just Zelda and red steel, hopefully I'll get one on the cheap with a stars catalogue promo or something.