NEurope
thomaschung

What will you buy at launch?

i have to get Zelda (single player heaven)

Wii Sports (best thing about nintendo is multiplayer)

one more i will decide that nearer the time but atm i am leaning towards Excite truck.

I will be getting Twilight Princess,Prime 3 for sure.Red Steel if it gets fixed,Wario if it's out.Probably Excite truck if it's online or maybe Dragon Quest or Trauma Centre or Wii ports.Dammit theres so much I want.I'll wait for the official line-up.Gotte save up the money.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

8. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

12. Red Steel

will be getting these 3 :) then next game then will be mario galaxies yey

This is definite for me:

Hardware:

The Wii

Virtual Console Controller

Second controller/nunchuck if it didn't come in the Wii package

Software:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Super Mario Bros. 3 and Paper Mario from the virtual console

I might also get Red Steel and an additional SD card, but considering the strong DS lineup I'm not so sure about that. This totals at about 350-400 euros already :hmm:

If I can get the overtime at work all this will be mine

Zelda

Red Steal (if reviews are good)

Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle

Metroid Prime 3

Exite Truck (if reviews are good)

Super Monkey

Wii Sports

These I hope to get before Christmas

Dragon Quest Swords: The Mask Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Project HAMMER (if reviews are good)

Metal Slug Anthology

Rayman Raving Rabbids (if reviews are good)

Call of Duty 3 (if reviews are good and I get if red steel sucks)

A note on Metal Slug if SNK go with their euro publisher then don't expect to see it this year. When it comes to publishing SNK games Ignition have been terrible as they have delayed many SNK games many times with out no reason.

Seeing that list has actually made me realise I'm not incredibly excited about Zelda, have no desire to play Red Steel or Metroid Prime and am generally apathetic to most of the 3rd party games. Maybe I just don't have time for single player games anyw more.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

8. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

12. Red Steel (if reviews are good!)

15. Trauma Center: Second Opinion (depends when and if I get on with the DS version)

I'll probably get 4 on that list and get Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy after I complete Zelda or Metroid. I got 4 at the GC launch, although that was cause I'd over estimated how much money I'd need and I got a pretty good deal at GAME,

Meroid Prime 3 Corruption

Red Steel (if it's any good)

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (this is a launch title, right?)

im planning on getting Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Red Steel, Excite Truck and Wii Sports on launch day. Then ill order the rest from an online store, im planning on getting just about every launch game.

Smash Brothers isn't a launch,thought everyone heard.I seriously doubt FF will be a launch title aswell.My definite list is the same as DCKs and i'll get a few extra games ontop.

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3:Corruption

Red Steel

Wario or Wii sports

Plus another wii-mote, (the list will grow if i find my self a job for the summer)

Wii + Excite Truck + Metroid Prime 3: Corruption + The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess + Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz + Red Steel and later when launched: Super Smash Bros. Brawl + Super Mario Galaxy + an extra controller.

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves! Merriod Prime 3: Corruption! The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess! Red Steel (depends on reviews)! Wii Sports (depends on price)! And I will hopefully be buying 3 extra single controllers as well (that if they only supply one with the controller :p).

Probably the largest amount of games that I am going to pick up for a brand new console on its first day. Usually get a maximum of 2 games with each new console I get. I can't wait for Wario & Metriod & Zelda! :D

Zelda and Metroid definitely. I think Super Smash Bros. will be given as a demo form with the console (preloaded on VC) like Metroid with the DS.

Zelda and Metroid definitely. I think Super Smash Bros. will be given as a demo form with the console (preloaded on VC) like Metroid with the DS.

If that turns out to be true then that demo will be played to death...I mean it!

Wii sports will be included with the system (i think)?

anyway I will get, Zelda, Metroid, + another controller.

Zelda & Metroid Prime 3 for definate, then it depends on all kinds of money issues and what games are exactly comming out. Especially since I'll get 4 controllers to start with & such.

It's a good line up, too good in fact.

I'm annoyed that Twilight Princess is a launch title as it's so going to detract from the rest of those games. I'd much rather either be playing it now on the Gamecube during the wait for Wii, or playing it on Wii a few months after the systems launch. And I think releasing Metroid and Zelda on the same day is a mistake, let alone on launch day!

Super Mario Galaxy would have been a much better game to launch with and then they could've spread the release of Metroid and Zelda over the weeks / months after launch.

Perfect launch scenario for me would have been:

Super Mario Galaxy

Wii Sports

Warioware: Smooth Moves

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Wii Sports, Warioware and Monkey Ball for the quick pick up and play / multiplayer games, and Super Mario Galaxy as a single player game to concentrate on without any distraction from any other big single player games, i.e. Metroid and Zelda.

But anyway as it stands I'll be getting:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Wii Sports

Warioware: Smooth Moves (if it's a launch title, I reckon it will be.)

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

and at some point after the launch:

Red Steel

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

If that turns out to be true then that demo will be played to death...I mean it!

I hope that Nintendo do pack in a demo disc as it would be a good way to promote future titles.

I think I will buy Super Mario Galaxy (if it is a launch title) and Red Steel with the console on launch day, and if Super Mario Galaxy isn't a launch title, then The Legend of Zelda: Twillight Princess and Red Steel. I have actually never bought two games together with a new console, but I think this is such a special occasion that I will do that.

I think they'll most likely have a Super Mario Galaxies demo, probably what everyone played at E3, then a Wi-Fi compatible Super Smash Bros. demo where you get about 10 event matches (try to beat your time/KOs by playing again), a multiplayer and Wi-Fi mode and three single player levels.

It's an awesome launch line up.

Zelda is for definite - is anyone picking up the gamecube version? I wish it was just one version with two sets of controls? Now I have to decide on which version to get, but I think I'd go for the Wii.

I think I'll change my mind for 2nd game from Dragon Quest to Red Steel (if it's good) or Metroid Prime 3.

Also what about Virtual Console, and Accessories? I'll probably pick up 2nd remote and SD card. Hope they have a attachable hard drive as well.

I hope to exchange some Stars for Virtual Console games. I want Kid Icarus.

Remember, the stars idea may not happen, it's just something I wrote the other month. Virtual Console games I'd get are:

Donkey Kong 64

Kid Icarus

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Mario Bros.

Star Fox 64

Games to get within the first few months:

Earthbound

Pilotwings

Kirby's Avalanche