NEurope

As we know, NGC magazine is finishing after the next issue, to be replaced by a Wii magazine with the same staff? Maybe. Wii can't be sure though.

The magazine was well loved by a lot of people on these forums, me for one, so I was just wondering, what great memories do we have of this magazine?

For me it has to be when they bundled James Ashton into the back of his mini or when they ran the competition to read NGC/N64 in the weirdest place imaginable.

Someone was holding a copy on a rollercoaster.

Genius.

They had the best free gift ever,

A rack for Gamecube games!

i loved the the humor of the magazine too, allways brung a smile to my face, but now as the issues become thiner with less pages they stop, just like N64 magazine.

Sad times :(

It used to be full of sarcastic wit, but now that it's shorter, that seems to be... gone.

Used to be a subscriber to the mag but as you guys have mentioned, the issues just got thinner and thinner. You can't really blame them though as there were hardly any games out on GC or in its release schedule......

The humour of the mag was what kept me going back for more. It was joke....If they are gonna do a Wii mag than I hope the team remains as it is....I will definately be buying that than the official ninty mag.

It was the 1st Gamecube magazine I owned, maybe the 1st videogame mag i owned. The Jan 2003?? issue, then I went onto NOM though and only bought NGC every now and then.

I think I've got every issue of N64 magazine and most NGC issues, until, about a year ago I just stopped buying it, what’s worse I didn’t even realise I had stopped until recently. Sad to see it go, but its just coming back as a Wii magazine so its not too bad.

Does anyone remember in one of the early issues when they showed you how to make ‘peppermint boo’s’? They where eatable Boo’s from Mario world! They also made some cakes with a marzipan Mario star hidden inside.

As we approach the grand launch of the Wii, expect those pages to suddenly expand again. I don't care what anyone says though, it's still a good read.

'One nit when I was sleppin a grackler cam' :D

I am the proud owner of every single issue of N64/NGC ever. You know what's scary? I've been reading this magazine since I was 10 years old. I have fond memories of taking the latest issue into primary school and looking at the latest game with my mates. It has been a part of my life for a hell of a long time, and despite the recent decline in standards, I really will be sad to see it go :cry:

I loved it when it was N64 magazine. I think that perido was when I was most into gaming, and I'd read N64, Gamesmaster, CVG and NOM every month.

However, I lost interest in NOM when Dav McComb turned it into a pokemon festival, Gamesmaster and CVG were never purchased by me anyway, so I didn't mind when my mate stopped buying them, and then I stopped buying NGC when the magazine was made a massive size, like a Broadsheet newspaper.

I don't buy magazine any more though, but N64 was my favourit 64 magazine.

Collected N64/NGC mag since issue 37. Best issue i thought was the 50th and the 100th, mainly because my name appeared in the issue as well as a letter i wrote about the DS (issue 100) and the GC (issue 50). Issue 40 was good for the Goldeneye cheat codes they had, good for getting the last cheat i needed.

When it turned into NGC, i found that the bit they had showing them immitating game characters was great. Their humour was never boring. Now, like NOM, NGC is leaving us. It will be missed, but cannot wait until their Wii mag comes out later in the year.

I'm a subscriber and I still enjoy reading the mag even though it isn't as good as it used to be. It always makes me laugh and I've always trusted their reviews.

It's going to be sad to see it go. I hope they do continue with the same spirit with a new magazine. It would be a shame if this is really the end of N64/NGC as it is with out any doubt the best game mag ever made. I suppose if it is the end I won't be buying games magazines any more I will just use the net for news/previews/reviews.

They had the best free gift ever,

A rack for Gamecube games!

Actually, they did that free gift twice. (i got both of them).

Yea, the best thing about N64/NGC was the humour. But i stopped getting it (had every issue since 24) when they took around 20 pages out, put it in a cheap cover and filled 10 more pages with rubbish posters.

The Nintendo Freak feature from a couple of issues ago. Made me laugh so hard it hurt. I love NGC. :)

I read it when I was yonger.. my first magazine was when it had Mission Impossible on the cover... issue.. 17?

Then my last was.. er.. I'm not sure I think it had a review of Desert Conflict 2 in it.

Good days.

The N64 cartridge rack was the best free gift.

I still have the Zelda keyring!

The N64 cartridge rack was the best free gift.

I still have the Zelda keyring!

I still have that N64 cart rack. Only I still have all my N64 carts in their original boxes, so I only have Starfox 64 in the rack, cause the box for SF64 is as big as the box for the console. :grin:

Damn, I missed that Zelda key ring... But I had the Zelda sticker for the console, which I used for a few months, before removing it and throwing it away. It had a drawing of Gohma.

First N64 mag I bought was the issue of September 1997. It had Link on the cover along with some Stalfos and a coverage on a very early stage OoT. I believe it was issue 6. Then, around 2000 I stopped buying it regularly. Last one I bought was February 2005, I think.

Man, lots of memories from that old mag...

How amazing was it when they showed you how to create classic Goldeneye and Perfect Dark maps on Timesplitters 2? Playing in the temple, facility and bunker levels again made my life complete...They (unfortunately) got overshadowed by the far inferior Cube magazine, The Editors in NGC were lovable dorks who genuinely loved the games, It was an integral part of owning a gamecube...

The TS2 maps were good, I still play them on TSFP today.

Just so u know, Cube had done that about 3 weeks earlier if i remember correctly.

IMO Cube was better, it was more well written, funnier, and generaly more human-feeling.

IMO Cube was better, it was more well written, funnier, and generaly more human-feeling.

**nods in agreement**

That was the only Cube magazine I bought regularly and it is sadly missed.

Anyone else got the new issue? It looks like it will be back under a different name. EDIT took a photo with crappy webcam I'm guessing its going to be called NGAME.

picture350za.th.jpg

Anyone else got the new issue? It looks like it will be back under a different name. EDIT took a photo with crappy webcam I'm guessing its going to be called NGAME.

picture350za.th.jpg

I have, lots of nostalgic features :grin:

I reckon NGAMING

Got the last ever NGC in the post today. It's nice to hear it will be back under a new name.

Damn, I missed that Zelda key ring... But I had the Zelda sticker for the console, which I used for a few months, before removing it and throwing it away. It had a drawing of Gohma.

I just removed that Zelda sticker from my N64 a few weeks ago. My black N64 is now white...couldn't remove the sticker altogether!!! I probably shouldn't have left it on for so many years!