NEurope
darkjak

The aiming issue

I've heard reports about playing Wii games feels like aiming at the senory bar and not the TV. Is this true? Anyone think/know if it'll be solved?

I really was into the whole idea of there being FPS games without any on-screen crosshairs, and instead having "Lightguns" with built in ironsights that you use for aiming, which won't work if the above is true...

wii...aiming issue....hehehehehehe:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

err sorry about that, but it's been quite a while since anybody mentioned the wii's tolit humor... Anyway I though it had a lightgun style amier as well as sensor bar..?

It was only on Red Steel that this was the case. Metroid Prime handled perfectly apparently.

Yeah, it's all about calibration. Red Steel was not great, but Metroid Prime 3 did have it working.

If you set up the Wii the first time it will probably ask you to move the Wiimote over the edges of your screen so it knows exactly where your TV is. Then there should be no problem at all.

Red Steel worked my calculating where you where moving the wiimote in relation to the screen. MP3C used the much more accurate method of the pointer, lightgun style.

Calibration will be sort of like the DS calibration screen. There will be a target on screen, move the Wiimote so that the onscreen cursor is lined up with the centre of the target, press A and repeat a few times until the sensors are satisfied that calibration is complete.

Just Red Steel and i'm fairly confident they will work on it *Hopes for free sword swinging*

not in that game! but you´ll get your freeswordfighting! You just can´t make a whole 40 hour game with free swordfighting, cause you´ll get tired! But a cool wifi-enabled one-on-one-game should come...

not in that game! but you´ll get your freeswordfighting! You just can´t make a whole 40 hour game with free swordfighting, cause you´ll get tired! But a cool wifi-enabled one-on-one-game should come...

Well, that cleared it up...

Matt Cassamassina just posted a piece on control issues in his blog. He obviously wasn't listening when Retro Studios said that just because MP3 doesn't control like a PC FPS doesn't mean it's bad. I think MP3 looks to have a really good scheme as it is natural to have independent movement between your arm and your head!

Most people's problem is that they want to point where you shoot. And that's stupid. If you played like that you needed to have your arm extended all the time. You don't control the crosshair, you control the gun, any movement you make with the control the gun replicates. I've seen expert mode on MP3 and it looks like it plays just like a PC game or better.