NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Assassins Creed Not PS3 Exclusive....

As rumours fly that forthcoming action adventure title Assassin's Creed won't be a PS3 exclusive after all, Ubisoft is remaining interestingly non-committal on the subject.

Speaking to Eurogamer this morning, a representative said: "At the moment, other formats of Assassin's Creed are unconfirmed." Which suggests they're at least considering an Xbox 360 release - despite stating that the game would only only be out on PS3 when it was first announced.

Assassin's Creed is set in 1191 AD, during the Third Crusade, and sees players take on the role of hero Altair. It's being developed by Ubisoft Montreal, the same studio who brought us the Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell games.

It looked awfully spanky when we had a play at E3 last week - rather intriguingly, we were given an Xbox 360 controller with which to try it out, which has added fuel to the rumours that it won't be a PS3 exclusive. Although might just as easily have meant it was being demoed on a PC. OH IT'S SO CONFUSING.

As has a report on Noooz.com, which claims that a Ubi employee has also stated the game is in development for Xbox 360.

This seems very likely especially due to the Ubisofts guys commenst about PS3 and the fact that Ubisoft seem a very good supporter of the 360.

Won't though as the stuff they say you can supposedly do in this game would mean if ran on 360 it would be 20fps, whilst PS3 at least 60fps

Hope this is true, I really don't want to have to buy a PS3.

Assassin's Creed looks great simply because its in a very enclosed arena. That game looks great, it'll look great on the 360 also. As i said in another thread, we have no idea which is more powerful.

Won't though as the stuff they say you can supposedly do in this game would mean if ran on 360 it would be 20fps, whilst PS3 at least 60fps

Hold up..at LEAST 60fps? Are you really buying into all this 4D nonsense?

And then at E3 wasnt it motor storm or something running at 30fps

I WANT MY 120FPS DAMMIT

^^ this guy speaks the TROOOOF

At this years GDC is was apparently shown running on 360 hardware and not PS3 anyway.......and considering Ubi's track record with loving multi-format then it will for sure happen.

If it ends up turning out good, then I'll definetly consider buying for the 360.

Assassins creed looks so awesome!!! Probably seen the trailer like 5 times or sumthin!!! Glad to hear that its comin on 360....really don't want to spend £400 just for this and MGS4....

Lets recap this game is exclusive to the PS3, it doesn't have the physics processing unit to calculate and create three full cities without a load time.

You seem to think that this PPU is the be all and end all. Processors are quite flexable, a developer could just tell one of the cores to do these processors for them.

Another shocking news about Assassins Creed.

From IGN

E3 2006: Xbox 360 Assassinated

Ubisoft Montreal's Prince of Persia influenced action game may come to Xbox 360.

by Douglass C. Perry

May 12, 2006 - Ubisoft Montreal revealed its next incredible project, Assassins: Creed, exclusively for PlayStation 3 at E3 this year, much to the delight of Sony console fans and to the dismay of Microsoft consoles fans.

A third-person action game in the vein of Prince of Persia, Ubisoft Montreal's newest title shows off the next generation with fantastic texture work, early but promising animations, and newly envisioned levels of Prince/Spider-Men climbing/traversing. But the game, officially, is strictly exclusive to PlayStation 3. Ubisoft officially would not comment on a possible Xbox 360 version.

According to sources close to the company, however, there are potential plans for an Xbox 360 version at Assassins: Creed sometime in 2007. Additionally, Microsoft sources who asked not to be mentioned by name, claimed the demo, hidden behind closed doors at E3, was running on an Xbox 360 using a third-party USB PlayStation controller. The game system was hidden in a stand covered by a sheet. Again, Ubisoft officials would not comment.

We'll have more soon.

interesting. this game looks ace cakes so it would be cool if it was on a system I could fesasibly afford.

yip.

I'll be more than happy to wait for the game to be released on the 360 even after its release on the PS3 other than having to spend £500 for the PS3 + this game.

Hopefully if it is a PS3 exclusive then its only a timed one.