NEurope
Anakenobi

Star Wars lightsaber game on Wii...what you should avoid!

According to IGN, LucasArts expresses interest in bringing a lightsaber game to Wii.

So.... If you don't wanna end like this guy here:

kidstarwars11nr.jpg

Then everybody who buys the lightsaber game for Wii, should avoid having people filming you while you play.

But then again, there is a positive side.... for you can be immortalized in Family Guy:

kidstarwars6ya.jpg

This public announcement was brought to you by the good people at youtube.com.

:grin:

No pictures are available at the moment. But the news story is actually old. I though everybody knew about this. I just wanted ppl to know what to avoid.

Anywho, here's an except from the source:

From IGN.com:

May 11, 2006 - During a technical demonstration for an unnamed Xbox 360 and PS3 Star Wars title, LucasArts made note to announce high interest in creating a Wii title in the Star Wars universe, with lightsaber battles in mind.

At the end of the demonstration questions were raised about the possibility of such a game, garnering knowing smiles from the room of LucasArts employees. Comments of "We are looking into it" were heard from members of their staff as ideas for the game were discussed among the people in the room.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707824p1.html

Well it seems it wasn't news to mario114. And thus I suppose it is possibly news to many more.

Anywhoo, the news bit wasn't even the point of this topic, you gibbon.

He sued you know?

Emotional trauma or something I think. They even put him in Tony Hawks.

PS. Made a thread about it already- the only footage we've seen from Lucas Arts was their physics stuff for the New Indiana game which will use a similar engine I think.

He sued you know?

Emotional trauma or something I think. They even put him in Tony Hawks.

Not yet. But he sued a lot of people, most of them former school mates.

In a few years, he'll look back and have a laugh or two. I hope.

i've never seen Star Wars Kid before that was classic, oh poor guy (don't beat N64 kid though), but getting into Family Guy is kinda cool (i'm assuming he got paid for it?)

I read in an interview somewhere that Iwata thought about a lightsaber game, and had the idea for the speaker in the Wiimote from it.

OMG, thats a great idea, i can't believe i never thought of it, or heard it before now, lightsabre "wuzzzz" sounds coming out of the the Wiimote, yes please

Imagine buzzing lightsaber-sounds comming from the wiimote speaker. That's just great. I'm quite the Warsie so this is good news.

edit: so obviously this has already been posted in other form. Way to go Fanny. Arent I the perceptive one.

he was in American Dad and not Family Guy, same makers as family guy.

its the episode where the alian decides to go to the conventions and a "hobbit" is playing games with the CIA.

He was also parodied in Arrested Development. But this whole thing is kinda pointless.

that star wars kid in a legend....hes just doing what every star wars fan would do in there bedroom if they had a pole and only just seen the film :P

that star wars kid in a legend....hes just doing what every star wars fan would do in there bedroom if they had a pole and only just seen the film :P

Exactly, the only thing that makes him a prick is the way he's reacted. Made a living out of being a victim though, which is err good? Ok no...

Do not try to be like this guy, or should I say Idiot.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1TxTxAhaCLM&search=wii

If the Wii Star Wars game had a one to one lightsaber match online would be amazing. The worst bit would be facing guys like this guy online, he will completely obliterate me! But then, do youo guys believe that the Wii-mote would be good enough to pick up every movement made by this man?

Will the Wii-mote be able to realise when the controller is behind your back?