NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haver

As regards to Science

Would it be possible -- and the techniques do not need to be existent in 2006 -- for testosterone to be refined to such an extent that only the effect of increased aggression remained?

Bit random, though they can give it as a injection, that woman mp had it, to help compete with male mp's or something like that.

Testosterone is a chemical that impacts on the body in many ways.. I don't think it could be refined to only cause aggression, as even a refined variant would impact elsewhere in the body.

Would it be possible -- and the techniques do not need to be existent in 2006 -- for testosterone to be refined to such an extent that only the effect of increased aggression remained?

I guess it is possible if you were to genetically engineer something within the cell in order for the only result of testosterone would be agression. But yeah... knowing you - you're taking the piss.. intellectually ;)

Testosterone is a specific chemical with a specific shape- if you changed it, it would no longer be testosterone.

Testosterone.png

Of course, it may be possible to create a chemical with only the effect of increasing aggression, but almost all chemicals have side effects, especially if they are as relatively simple as testosterone. I suppose some kind of gene therapy might have potential to develop such a chemical, but gene therapy has been very unsuccessful in huaman tests.

So the simple answer is probably no... but the "sci-fi" answer is yes. :heh:

REAVERS!

*cough imafanboygeek*cough*

Hehe.

Um I don't have much to contribute, but Supergrunch seems to have cleared things up.

I guess it is possible if you were to genetically engineer something within the cell in order for the only result of testosterone would be agression. But yeah... knowing you - you're taking the piss.. intellectually ;)

Haha. No, it's er, for this idea I have kicking around. Thanks for your help guys. All I need is the 'sci-fi' answer! :heh:

well it would be a chemical derived from testosterone. but i couldn't see why not. but not all people are aggressive with the same levels of test so each person would need different levels.

well it would be a chemical derived from testosterone. but i couldn't see why not. but not all people are aggressive with the same levels of test so each person would need different levels.

Thats why I mentionned gene therapy; it would have to be specific for your DNA or it would be inefficient and/or produce side effects.

Maybe with certain chemicals the other effects of testosterone could be blocked and so it would only lead to increased aggression. I know that's not exactly what you wanted to hear but I think this would be easier to achieve than refining it.

Sign in to follow this