NEurope
Hamish

Doodle - The possibilities are endless...

Doodle Thread

My site is going to have a Doodle section but that is still under development. However, in this topic you post your doodles.

So what is a doodle? Well here are 10 easy Doodle lessons. Read these and decide if your picture is a doodle!

1 - A doodle must be impulse

Don't decide what you are going to draw completely before you draw it. Don't make plans, sketches or diagrams before doing it.

2 - Make it quick

Don't spend an hour on one doodle. It is best if you do lots of small ones rather than one really big masterpiece.

3 - Humor and Originality are key

Although houses and flowers can be doodles, don't fill this topic up with them. Make it so that people would actually want to look at your doodle.

4 - A doodle is never too bad to be a doodle

If you don't think your doodle is good enough don't worry. Doodles aren't about artistic ability.

5 - Use whatever

If you want to start a doodle don't get a piece of white paper and an extra sharp pencil or paint. Use the back of bank statements, old prep and post-it notes. Use pens, biros or anything lying around.

6 - Don't just doodle

Doodling should be something you do absentmindedly. Don't make it the soul thing you are doing. Watch a film, eat your lunch or listen to a boring lecture. They are an escape. Do them when bored or got nothing else to do.

7 - Leave them how they are

Don't edit them on the computer, color them on the computer or use the computer to take away the lines from the paper you were using. That is the charm of doodles.

8 - Don't use a computer full stop.

The only thing you should use a computer for is scanning them in or changing the size. I don't call doodles in MS Paint or Flash doodles. There are plenty of topic for that sort of stuff. These are hand drawn doodle!

9 - Keep 'em clean, folks

One of the most common doodles is the penis. Yeah, I know. It is kinda funny to draw but it ain't worth a post on in this topic.

10 - DOODLE, DOODLE, DOODLE!!

Don't just stop at one...keep going! It can be an addiction...but a good addiction.

Have fun!

Both count as doodles. The first one is funny. Must have taken you a long time. And the second is a more traditional doodle. Something random.

doodle0pf.gif

I keep drawing eyes in the margins of my pad in lectures. I may scan some in in the future.