NEurope
Guest Jordan

MP3 Player Guide

You do know that any songs you have bought from iTunes will need to be converted before they'll play on your new device?

With the new WMP 11 its way easier to sync video instead of having to go with the bundled software that came with the Vision:M.

Do you have that? Because I heard it wasnt working properly with Creative's

I thought it was still in beta, or is it out yet?

Went out and bought a Zen Micro 6gb version. Got it with a black front to it. Quite small, but it is nice

Looks : Came in a nicely packed box, which was nice. Black cover and blue lights look nice when charging. Has a nice Creative logo on the back.

9/10 for looks

Memory : 6gb of space, used about half of it with 24 albums already. Still got about 3gb left on the player.

8/10 for memory

Features : It has a FM Radio, calander, address book. It can also be set to display the lights for 5 seconds up to 2 minutes if required. Also has the ability to not switch off when you press pause and leave it for 5 mins

8/10 for features

Software : Creative's own software is really usefull. Not only is it a media player, it can also add new tracks to the player with minimal effort. One button pressed and it scans the music folders for new tracks

8/10

A very good MP3 player i think, which i would reccomend to people wishing to buy one. Good features, memory and looks

Black Zen Microphoto review

Lets see. 8 GB memory, great looks, good photos, chunky and comfortable, amazing blue glow and to put any doubts away about controls; they’re fantastic, you just need to adjust to them.

In my opinion its my best portable music system to date. Its got a perfect amount of memory for my needs, has a fun microphone to play about with and an FM radio. The photo quality isn’t amazing but the pics are quite clear and really aren’t all that bad. I have quite a lot of photos as they’re fun to share and they don’t take up tonnes of space. Don’t forget it has a replaceable battery which is a very key feature.

The only faults I have with this player:

No included plug charger

Ear phones are a bit dodgy (but useable)

No games, although this isn’t a major gripe.

If you're unsure about buying this over a nano or iriver - dont be. This player is out of their league.

I hope this review helps all those who were uncertain about buying one, you wont regret buying it.

just to get it out there!

Creative's zen micro photo is stupidly reliable and stupidly cheap now for a 8GB MP3 player!

awesome if you use WMP and not iTunes. cant rate it highly enough really-its really surprised me!

Im thinking of getting one of these:

ypz5q_mid1.jpg

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/digitalaudioplayer/flashmemory/yp_z5abels.asp

Samsung YP-Z5A. The main reason i want one is the 35 hour batery life. Does anyone here have one? Are they good?

I'm interested in those as well. But I wanna wait until Apple bring out their new range of players. I'm not an Ipod fan (as I've got a Sony HD5 which regularly fucks up) but its just that I want a flash player and I think its either between the Ipod Nano or one of Creative's players.

Baboo i'm kinda in the same postion as you, i've got an HD3, it could be one of my worst buys (I piad £250 as soon as it came out), no firmware updates, SonicStage one of the worst programs ever...

So yeah i'm looking for a new mp3 player but i have no idea what to get.

just to get it out there!

Creative's zen micro photo is stupidly reliable and stupidly cheap now for a 8GB MP3 player!

awesome if you use WMP and not iTunes. cant rate it highly enough really-its really surprised me!

Yeah i was thinkin about gettin that too. Looks good especially with the removable battery

I have just got my Creative zen vision m..... its the most awesome piece of technology i have ever had.

I love it!

I have just got my Creative zen vision m..... its the most awesome piece of technology i have ever had.

I love it!

welcome to the club: peace: :wink:

I just won a brand new Creative Zen Vision: M from Ebay (£157 inc p+p) brand new. Used twice but no scratches and what not, 3 months old which I think is a good deal.

Anyway I'll pay for it tomorrow so hopefully I will get it either on sat or definitly on monday, can't wait heard some awesome things about it :D

Just a quick question, what is the quality like of the earphones that come bundled with the mp3 layer?

how do you get a DVD onto your ipod video?
I think you have to rip the dvd (use DVD shrink), convert the DVD files to .avi, then use one of these "AVI to Ipod Video programs".

There might be much easier ways, though.

I just won a brand new Creative Zen Vision: M from Ebay (£157 inc p+p) brand new. Used twice but no scratches and what not, 3 months old which I think is a good deal.

Anyway I'll pay for it tomorrow so hopefully I will get it either on sat or definitly on monday, can't wait heard some awesome things about it :D

Just a quick question, what is the quality like of the earphones that come bundled with the mp3 layer?

I think they are pretty good myself, just standard creative ones but a lot better than my old sony ones :)

I think you have to rip the dvd (use DVD shrink), convert the DVD files to .avi, then use one of these "AVI to Ipod Video programs".

There might be much easier ways, though.

take the copy protection off it if it has any on it and it get into a VOB file in one go (DVD FAB) then just convert it into MP4 for iPod in G3P Converter and iTunes automatically picks it up and syncs it.

Hey guys, I got a problem:

I just bought a new 4gb nano, but can't help but think the audio quality SUCKS!!!! Is it just me? Or should i encode my mp3's better? (128kbps at the moment) The EQ settings practically always add distortion to the low end frequencies making them useless imo. They also exagerate with the compression on some settings... I'm thinking of selling it and buying a better audio quality player, if there is such a thing of course..

128kbps is not adequete for music reproduction, ESPECIALLY not if you're using iTunes' MP3 encoder, which is the worst thing on earth.