N-Europe

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (first images!)

Guest Jordan

Guest Jordan

Huzzah! (and yet >_> at the same time).

First scans of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are out here at DS-X2.com:

http://ds-x2.customer.attikh.net/index.php?id=5243

• Its 2D/3D Esk
  • The battle engine is EXACTLY the same ¬_¬
  • The main character appears to be a girl
  • Only 2 pokemon shown, and we know about both
  • No other details (ie: Nintendo WFC support) currently known

It looks like Fire Red and Leaf green with the AWDS viewpoint. Even the third screenshot looks like your house from pallet town and I think the second screen is from the Seafoam islands (Where Articuno is)

I swear to God if this is another remake I will go ballistic!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

On the other hand, if it is just allowing you to revisit old places (Like Gold and Silver let you go back to Kanto after beating the Elite 4) then YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

These graphics are the best choice for the game; looks good!

It's unlikely it's a remake otherwise the games wouldn't have new names; Diamond and Pearl!

If they were remakes they would probably have changed the original games, like they did with Red and Blue/Green, to Fire Red and Leaf Green!

ok ok ok... lemme get this straight

YOU WONT GET 3D POKEMON BATTLES ON DS

lets see, over 400 pokemon, to have 3d models of, and have them rendered, with around 30 unique moves...

NO, buy a psp if u want your 3d battles, you god damn graphic whores.

lets see, over 400 pokemon, to have 3d models of, and have them rendered, with around 30 unique moves...

Take me now, Booker.

It's not about the graphics, it's about a feeling of progression. I won't be buying this as I know that it will be exactly the same as all of the previous games. I like the look of the roaming sections but the battle setup is just not good enough. The battles are boring visually. I still wouldn't like it if they were animated matt-paintings which were like 500dpi quality. It just says "Here is the same Pokemon, cos we know you chumps will buy it!"

It's not about the graphics, it's about a feeling of progression. I won't be buying this as I know that it will be exactly the same as all of the previous games. I like the look of the roaming sections but the battle setup is just not good enough. The battles are boring visually. I still wouldn't like it if they were animated matt-paintings which were like 500dpi quality. It just says "Here is the same Pokemon, cos we know you chumps will buy it!"

um, since when did we know how the battles were gonna be from 2 screens?

a lot can be added on.

Likely to be where you select your moves so it doesn't fill up the top screen. As I said, this shows no signs of actually innovating the series at all.

But what are we basing that on? 2 scans and a handful little tidbits of information. There's plenty of time for them to do something special with this game, yet.

Looks cack.

I don't like it, hopefully that is just the scans making me think it, but I really don't think this is as good as pokemon should be looking tbh. I think they should have just gone the whole hog, and kept everything 2d but beautified it all and made it the most attractive 2d game ever released. I mean, how good does super paper mario look on the GC?

I actually prefer the graphical style of ranger though; maybe that's just me.

I think this game is being harshly treated. It's not as if this game is getting released tomorrow, is it? There's plenty of time to make suitable changes, and i firmly believe that there will be a lot of changes and things added.

Don't write this off.

But what are we basing that on? 2 scans and a handful little tidbits of information. There's plenty of time for them to do something special with this game, yet.

Just observing a trend. Bit of a graphical and then add a gimmick like dual battles. I'm not sayong that I know it will be bad, I just have no faith for this series anymore. It doesn't deliver the Nintendo quality.

Wireless battles, dual screens for inventory and Pokemon management, online battles, battle stretching to two screens, I 'd say that's already a great improvement. You are just graphics whores. What possibly can be done next? DO you realise the number of data these games occupy? They're incredibly huge, making everything in 3D is not an easy task.

Wireless battles, dual screens for inventory and Pokemon management, online battles, battle stretching to two screens, I 'd say that's already a great improvement. You are just graphics whores. What possibly can be done next? DO you realise the number of data these games occupy? They're incredibly huge, making everything in 3D is not an easy task.

Nuff said.....

Basically i am happy, that they didnt kill the battle system, its what sold the games in the first place.

as long as the game is lengthy, and has a huge expansive world with night and day features i will be a happy chappy, i have no problems with this whatsoever.

I'd rather have half the Pokemon and a different experience. I've not said that I want the battles to be 3D I just want them to be different. Why would I want to play this when I can just replay any of my other Pokemon games?

Basically i am happy, that they didnt kill the battle system, its what sold the games in the first place.

as long as the game is lengthy, and has a huge expansive world with night and day features i will be a happy chappy, i have no problems with this whatsoever.

So true, i still love playing pokemon red and blue, so graphics does not really bother me!