N-Europe

Wii Price?

DiemetriX

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

£106 x 1.175 (bit of maths skills here) = £124.55 so thats plus VAT.

how much did the cube and such release for £130? yeah i think its likely to come out around that price again.

I thought Cube launched at £150. When Wii comes out I'll be in the money so not much of a problem. Shame I'll have sod all time to play it. Depending on what bundle it is the prices will vary IMO. 2 Wiimotes will be more expensive than Wiimote + Nunchuk.

You've changed your tune! I hear Nintendo can do that to people.

It's not Nintendo really, it's IGN being completely wrong :wink:

Really, I think this console is going to hit that 200 euro / 120 pounds mark. I think Nintendo is holding off a bit to see what the competitor's prices are.

Here's a correct statement about the price: "You could buy at least two Wii's for the price of one PS3."

Personally, I say the same as the 'cube at launch: £129.99/$199.99/how do I do a Euro sign? (it'll be the same as in $$$ though.)

Cube came out at £130 it was originally meant to be £150 but nitendo cut the price two weeks before launch.

damn, lucky bastards... when the 'cube came out in Denmark the price was just about 230£ :( everything in Denmark just have to be more expensive than other countries... wonder how much the PS3 is gonna launch for here though hehe... how much did the PS2 usually launch for in other countries?

I'm kind of hoping Microsoft is going to lower the 360 price to destroy the PS3's launch. That means Nintendo definetely have to go below €200, as I'm kind of expecting them to want to pull off a €249 launch if it's possible.

Apple's iPods (except the shuffle) cost nearly 40% above their retail price.

I'm not saying Nintendo has turned into Apple in one generation.. but the DS lite carries an extra 20% premium over the classic DS, just for the design.

I wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo charges a hefty premium- they have the right to. They are one-of-a-kind.

I'd gladly pay it.. I'm not justifying what Apple does, because I think it's wrong to make such excessive profit margins.

But when you have a product like that- It's hard to not say "why not?"

Maybe we'll be paying £160ish ($250)

I'm kind of hoping Microsoft is going to lower the 360 price to destroy the PS3's launch. That means Nintendo definetely have to go below €200, as I'm kind of expecting them to want to pull off a €249 launch if it's possible.

I wonder if they will try and get halo 3 reading for the ps3 launch date, how funny would that be on ps3 launch day walking in and buying a 360. :D

Is the any indication of a release date for the wii?

Yeah. I'm expecting it in the US in November, as I've heard November dates thrown around before, and Nintendo has also said in the past that they would launch with or before the PS3, which is also launching that month.