NEurope
Charlie

Sony manipulating audience at Press Conference

I want to punch Ken Kutaragi so badly. Really, I would fly to America now if I had the money...Anyone wanna fund an assault?

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Eventually its going to catch up to them and bite them in the ass, hopefully it's this generation that it's going to happen.

Had bias written all over the article. No doubt Sony's showing was poor, and no doubt the new pad looks crap and like a poor Wii knock off, but you'd think they had brought nothing to the gaming industry at all reading that nonsense.

Had bias written all over the article. No doubt Sony's showing was poor, and no doubt the new pad looks crap and like a poor Wii knock off, but you'd think they had brought nothing to the gaming industry at all reading that nonsense.

I agree. Heavenly Sword looked pretty good too. However, the tilt sensor duel shock really did seem added on in a desperate attempt to steel Nintendo's thunder. Whether it will actually be used well, who knows.

What? "You'd think they had brought nothing into the gaming industry at all reading that nonsense"? No, you'd think that from actually paying attention to what they've been doing over the past 10 years. And from actual facts.

As the article states, the only innovative thing they've ever done is EyeToy, which is possibly the one thing in gaming that appeals the least to me. Along with DDR and SingStar and all that bullshit.

I think EyeToy sucks anyway, though others think otherwise. I honestly can not make myself see anything good about it.

I agree. Heavenly Sword looked pretty good too. However, the tilt sensor duel shock really did seem added on in a desperate attempt to steel Nintendo's thunder. Whether it will actually be used well, who knows.

If developers only heard about it a few weeks ago, you can guess that it won't be used for quite a while, and even then it's functions are limited.

Heavenly Sword looked pretty good, even though it's just a GoW copy. Shameless copy at that. This conf was horribly dull, but still, less power pointy than the last ones.

Ubi Director Commends Wii, Shuns PS3

The creative director of Ubisoft Montreal had harsh words for Sony during an E3 workshop focusing on next-generation game design.

Clint Hocking, the creative director behind titles such as Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory explained how he was disappointed by Sony's attempts to copy technologies from the other consoles. After referring to Sony's mimicking of Xbox Live, and then duplicating components of Nintendo's motion sensitive controller, Hocking paused in frustration.

"How much more 'me too' can [sony] be?," he asked.

Earlier in the discussion Hocking attacked the industry's strategy to up the ante in visuals significantly with each console.

It's a "fundamental problem of approach" to continue to push for stronger graphics, he said. He argued such an approach puts game developers in situations where they have to be factory workers. Assemble art texture here, model texture shades here. Repeat.

Further, Hocking claimed the adoption rate of high-definition televisions is so low, that the approach wastes resources on art that many customers won't even appreciate.

At the conclusion of the workshop, Hocking applauded Wii's new controller interface. If it can meet the technical accuracy promised by Nintendo, it can open up the creative minds of game designers, he said. While graphics may add emotion, Wii's new controller interface is more likely to bring emotion directly to the player.

Source

I think whoever wrote that article has a point-they fail to mention any problems with the not quite as expensive article, they claim they are highly inovitive, and above all, they claim their new console is 4D.

After I picked myself up off the floor, wiping the tears away from my eyes, when I first heard it, I reaised "So that is why it is so expensive..."

For those of you who don't know, being able to be in, and change the way you move in, the 4th dimension, means you are able to manipulate time.

The 4th dimension is time. They just wan't to sound one better than 3D.

Pitty they picked the one thing that is technically impossible without going into space and flying around the Earth at around (if I remember correctly) 10 times the speed of light.

Sony=idiots.

Or should I say theiving idiots. But don't get me started on that. Just don't...

I kind of agree. The whole thing was done terribly and the pacing was real bad. They showed of some great CGI but as for proper in-game footage? Resistence looked pants IMO both graphically and gameplay wise. GT HD was all about showing off the graphics but they spent way too long on it (A sign they didn't have much to show off) and MGS had no in-game footage yet people go mental over it?

A lot of people have picked up on how bad it was and I agree the mainstream won't automatically go for the PS3 this time due to pricing. A lot I believe will flock to the Xbox360 especially as it comes down in price even further by the time the PS3 is launched.

As for Sony not being inventive... don't fully agree. They have broadend the gaming spectrum and made games accessible and do provide games which Ninty on their system wouldn't and couldn't of. Final Fantasy 7 (One of the best games I have ever played) would of never of been impossible on N64 hence why Square jumped ship.

People are waking up a little now though and I really think this generation will be a struggle for Sony

As for Sony not being inventive... don't fully agree. They have broadend the gaming spectrum and made games accessible and do provide games which Ninty on their system wouldn't and couldn't of. Final Fantasy 7 (One of the best games I have ever played) would of never of been impossible on N64 hence why Square jumped ship.

If you are refering to the CD format that PS started to use, then no they did not come out with it. It was Nintendo's idea to use CDs, it was going to be an add on for the SNES.

I belive three things will happen soon.

1. Sony's whole videogaming industry will slowly die out.

2. Xbox will lead the path of great graphics, and some good storyline.

3. Nintendo will take the path of innovation, and make games that are actually fun, and Wii will be a huge hit, allowing you to immerse yourself into the storyline of games far better that previousilly thought possible.

These are only predictions, but if Nintendo, Microsoft, ans Sony keep following the path they are taking then I belive that this will happen. However, with that said, I heard that Sony was trying to patent a kind of virtual reality. If this could be done it would take their popularity and gameplay to a whole new level.

Yes I know the whole Ninty and Sony were working together but the fact still remains that Sony released and CD games machine and Ninty went back to cartridges for the N64. So had Sony not been around the machine wouldn't of been released and chances are FF7 wouldn't of been half the game it was (Literally)

Claiming a system is 4D is not just a little strange, it is an outright lie.

Not to mention false advertising, as well as FUCKING OUTRAGOUS.

For that reason alone people should not buy it.

I may think that Sony are idiots but I definately don't want M$ leading the games console industry. It will be the downfall of the industry - they have too many 'other interests'.

I may think that Sony are idiots but I definately don't want M$ leading the games console industry. It will be the downfall of the industry - they have too many 'other interests'.

I think a future with Microsoft and Nintendo at the healm could eventually become a reality. They both cater for different types of market and rarely try to out-do each other. They can co-exist.

I think a future with Microsoft and Nintendo at the healm could eventually become a reality. They both cater for different types of market and rarely try to out-do each other. They can co-exist.

Maybe even merge:shock:

I think EyeToy sucks anyway, though others think otherwise. I honestly can not make myself see anything good about it.

And then they say they don't do gimmicks.

With all the negative press, it is certainly a possibility that Sony could find themselves coming last in the upcoming console war. The key will certainly be in the marketing since not everyone is as clued up about gaming.

I used to dislike Microsoft, but I do respect them for working so hard on improving online gaming and the innovations they have made there.

Nintendo will always be close to my heart because of all their great games and their courage to rip up gaming conventions and rewrite them with the Wii and DS.

Sony... well, let's just say I have lost all respect for them. My PS2 is going to be the only Sony console I own. They have become far too arrogant, greedy and shameless.

The key will certainly be in the marketing

That's the thing though, marketing is the one thing Sony are good at.

Yeah, but they could find themselves handicapped by their high price. Hopefully. :) That is what happened to Sega once, and they never recovered.

Microsoft and Nintendo are no slouches when it comes to marketing either - we've seen the Wii hitting the mainstream press with very positive articles. If they can keep the pressure on Sony then they can beat it into second - or even last place.

I just hope Nintendo play their cards right.

Nintendo are starting to see how powerful a tool such as marketing can be. The DS has outgunned the PSP in many respects, and i believe that that includes marketing too. The PSP ads with the squirrels have been nothing short of abysmal.

Nintendo are starting to see how powerful a tool such as marketing can be. The DS has outgunned the PSP in many respects, and i believe that that includes marketing too. The PSP ads with the squirrels have been nothing short of abysmal.

Especially with the brain age games. I was watching TV early on monday and flipping through channels, and "The View" was on, (its a show for stay at home mothers, news gossip and more its a talk show for women by women), and it went to commercial and its a commercial for the nintendo DS and Brian Age. I was like heh wow.:hehe: