NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Your top 5 songs of the moment

--------------------------------------------------------------

4) Various Artists Songs (Donnie Darko Soundtrack)

Now i can't exactly pick my best tune out of this, there all on my Ipod and stuff:

* Never Tear Us Apart-INXS

* Killing Moon- Echoe & The BunnyMen

* Love Will Tear Us Apart- Joy Division

* Head Over Heels- Tears For Fears

Just shows that you can't beat 80's music!

The Donnie Darko soundtrack rocks! I'm glad to see it's your favourite film too! :yes:

Bloc Party - Positive Tension

yay! they're probably my favourite band out of the indie new wave, though arcade fire and the zutons have knocked me sideways too.

The Zutons rock, but I still haven't got into Arcade Fire myself.

That particular Bloc Party song is just amazing. You heard the new song?

1 - White Stripes - My Doorbell

2 - White Stripes - The Denial Twist

3 - Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To

4 - Foo Fighters - DOA

5 - Oasis - Turn Up The Sun

The Zutons rock, but I still haven't got into Arcade Fire myself.

That particular Bloc Party song is just amazing. You heard the new song?

yeah, i love it! kele is so pretty :) when's the new album due?

btw, arcade fire take a few listens to get into, but they're worth it. as are interpol, while we're on the subject.

sweet, a pillows fan.

sweet, ANOTHER pillows fan :D I encountered them during FLCL, amazing songs they have. Too bad it's mostly in Engrish, the tunes are awesome :D

My top 5:

1. Dillinja - Twist 'Em out

2. DJ Furax - Supershaw

3. DJ Ghost - Desire (To Go higher)

4. Ayumi Hamasaki - Evolution (Original)

5. White Stripes - Fell in love with a Girl

Mostly techno/dnb on my mp3 at the moment :)

yeah, i love it! kele is so pretty :) when's the new album due?

btw, arcade fire take a few listens to get into, but they're worth it. as are interpol, while we're on the subject.

Interpol, I've never really heard much stuff, I liked Evil.

Not sure on the new album, can't wait though! Two More Years sounds a little different to their other stuff so far, hoping it's still similar overall...

my top 5:

5. kiss you better- maximo park

4. hounds of love- the futureheads

3. DARE- gorillaz

2. i predict a riot- kaiser chiefs

1. helicopter (and) shes hearing voices- bloc party

other honourable mentions are: bloc party's new song, no surprises by radiohead, black horse and the cherry tree by KT tunstall. music rules.

Chemical Brothers - Hoops

Chemical Brothers - It Began In Africa

Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Chemical Brothers - Galaxy Bounce

And just for you trance lovers out there, i'll get me 6th in.

Night Addix 3 (http://www.djkristoff.com/ - Free)

1. Radiohead - A Wolf At The Door

2. Sub Pop Sunday - Come N Get What You From Me

3. Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

4. Bloc Party - Two More Years

5. Foo Fighters - Another Round

1) Bad Religion - I Want To Conquer The World

2) No Use For A Name - The Daily Grind

3) Pennywise - Searching

4) Ignite - Bullets Included, No Thought Required

5) Propagandhi - This Might Be Satire

Firstly: I WANT YOUR SIG Dd_Daz! Donnie Darko rocks! and that sig is bloody fantastic! :grin:

OK, i wasn't going to reply on here but i will.

1) Your allowed a opinion, if you don't like my music thats fine. Just don't think everyone should agree with you nor go over the top, a simple 'I dislike The Rasmus' is fine. What Replika said was a little OTT although i didn't take much notice anyway.

2) Although i believe you should back-up why you hate The Rasmus with a valid point? They sing live, they write their own songs and play their own instruments and the new album is much more heavier and rockier then the first (except Sail-Away which is a acoustic song). Again a simple 'It's not my type of music' will do....

3) I'm not Gay, and i don't see what the point of saying the gay thing was. It's totally off-topic, and because i can get emotionally attached to a song and write about it, doesn't make you gay. Sorry if i sounded 'gay' but to be honest i don't know how something you write/read makes you sound gay, and even though it was blantantly a joke, it got to me a little bit. :red:

I'm not angry, nor do i want to go into a massive argument over this, lets forget it now shall we?, but let me say this now to everyone!!! DO NOT slag off other peoples music taste, EVERYONE is different (thank-god) and it's not fair, it makes you feel what your listening to is wrong, when it isn't and it's quite annoying when your really 'into' a band and people keep slagging them off!

:grin: I'm happy, see? lol

Ok back on topic, I'm listening to Mew and Mae alot today! I love Mew's new song 'Special'.

don't worry owen, sometimes people need to make themselves feel bigger, just be happy in the knowledge that you don't have to resort to putting other people down to make yourself feel happy :)

The Donnie Darko soundtrack rocks! I'm glad to see it's your favourite film too! :yes:

Glad someone else loves Donnie Darko on here, although most people do! lol

By the way, Whats your fav Donnie Darko song? It's a hard choice but i love the beginning when Jake Gyllenhaal (Donnie) is on his bike and the song is either INXS or Echoe & The Bunnymen depending on what version your watching! :hehe:

Oh and thanks dukkadukka :grin:

Glad someone else loves Donnie Darko on here, although most people do! lol

By the way, Whats your fav Donnie Darko song? It's a hard choice but i love the beginning when Jake Gyllenhaal (Donnie) is on his bike and the song is either INXS or Echoe & The Bunnymen depending on what version your watching! :hehe:

Oh and thanks dukkadukka :grin:

Well done for that longer post and telling it how it is!!! Anyway about the DD soundtrack thing, I don't really have a favourite (it's hard), but it's between "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division, "Head Over Heels" by Tears For Fears (I love that school sequence!!) or "The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen. Thanks for the compliment on the sig, I felt I had to have a DD sig in honour of such a great film! :)

Wow, you guys are drier than Oscar Wilde (Family Guy, oh yeah....). You don't think I seriously judge you on your musical taste right? Do you never joke with your friends? You guys have taken it way too seriously.

And Dukkadukka (muhammed jihad), I wasn't 'putting people down' in the slightest. Sorry if I offended the dude, but really, Owen, you're a nice dude I know you from the other message boards. It was just a joke mate. Relax. There was nothing to it.

• Like 1

Although no one will admit it, the whole idea of threads like these are to bash other peoples taste in music.

Wow, you guys are drier than Oscar Wilde (Family Guy, oh yeah....). You don't think I seriously judge you on your musical taste right? Do you never joke with your friends? You guys have taken it way too seriously.

And Dukkadukka (muhammed jihad), I wasn't 'putting people down' in the slightest. Sorry if I offended the dude, but really, Owen, you're a nice dude I know you from the other message boards. It was just a joke mate. Relax. There was nothing to it.

It's ok now. ;)

I was pretty sure the idea was to post your top 5 songs of the moment.

Thats what i thought. lol. :yes:

just some of my favorites

1. Tom Waits : Starving in the Belly of a whale

2. Peaches: F*** the pain away

3. Tricky : Black Steel

4. Gorillaz: Feel Good Inc.

5. Rammstein: Bück Dich

I was pretty sure the idea was to post your top 5 songs of the moment.

That would make for a fairly lame thread though wouldn't it? It's all about the discussion ... or gays, I forget which.

It's difficult to name my top 5 songs at the moment, but i think this is an accurate read-out of it:

1. Bloc Party- Positive Tension

2. Doves - Black & White town

3. YeahYeahYeahs- Maps

4. The Stone Roses- Waterfall

5. Radiohead- Fake Plastic Trees

Although no one will admit it, the whole idea of threads like these are to bash other peoples taste in music.

Haha, nice. Reputation +1.....

And Owen dude, it's cool. I was just trying to clarify myself as it seemed a few people had no idea where the salt was when reading my post, so they couldn't take a pinch of it at the same time. I know you know I was joking so that's cool, and if it got ya a lil' bit, then I apologise.

Bobby Valentino - Tell Me

Common - Be(intro)

Kanye West - Diamonds are forever

The Rasmus - No Fear

Mr Scruff - Get a move on

Sign in to follow this