NEurope
Sarka

Super Paper Mario

Yeah, the game rush,and I don't have money for it-_- But I guess I'll choose Paper Mario and let MySims wait. Haven't pre-ordered it yet.

I might pick this up, never played a Paper Mario (RPG) game before, was gonna get the Thousand Year Door on the GC but ended up getting Tales of Symphonia (a descision i of course never regret) but i really feel like i need something new to help fill the gap until Metroid Prime at the end of October

ahh 1000 year door is a gem and im picking this one up also.. in a while, I have so many half played games and no time.. grrrrrrrrrrrr

The games great and very funny, but it isn't up to normal Mario standards. My only worry with it being released so late here is that people will expect much more being the Wii has nearly been released a year.

This, would have made a superb launch title or a game which arrived a couple of months after launch like Warioware.

Don't get me wrong though, SPM is still worth buying just for the humour alone and it's something different from the norm.

My Sims or this? Is a bloody difficult choice though, as My Sims seems to be a very very good game.

Still if your a rock-hard Ninty fan, i would buy SPM.

The games great and very funny, but it isn't up to normal Mario standards. My only worry with it being released so late here is that people will expect much more being the Wii has nearly been released a year.

This, would have made a superb launch title or a game which arrived a couple of months after launch like Warioware.

Don't get me wrong though, SPM is still worth buying just for the humour alone and it's something different from the norm.

My Sims or this? Is a bloody difficult choice though, as My Sims seems to be a very very good game.

Still if your a rock-hard Ninty fan, i would buy SPM.

Do you have a NTSC Wii?

Do you have a NTSC Wii?

Yep, minute i got my wages, i bought one.

Only have Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario and Metroid at the mo!

I don't want to keep importing loads of games, so i'm mainly buying the Nintendo ones which are taking alot of time to come out over in Blightly.

I like buying UK games surprisingly, so i'm not making a habit of it.

Pleased i did though!!!

Yep, minute i got my wages, i bought one.

Only have Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario and Metroid at the mo!

I don't want to keep importing loads of games, so i'm mainly buying the Nintendo ones which are taking alot of time to come out over in Blightly.

I like buying UK games surprisingly, so i'm not making a habit of it.

Pleased i did though!!!

I have been thinking heavily about this.Is it really worth importing a Wii to get some games earier?

And where do you get your stuff from?

This game makes me want a Wii...

You better be getting one for your Birthday today...

I have been thinking heavily about this.Is it really worth importing a Wii to get some games earier?

And where do you get your stuff from?

VideoGamesPlus (used DHL and thankfully didn't get customs, you won't either).

Games come to £35 normally and in some cases like Super Paper Mario, you'll get them 6 months earlier! AND you'll be getting Smash Bros this year!

Negatives? If it breaks, you'll have to send it back to VGP and after a certain amount of time, you won't be able too! You have no warrenty...and all the games you buy, you won't be able to trade in, in your local game shop.

Although i always sell my USA games on Ebay anyway.

You get a console + game for the same price as just the console in the UK on VGP.

I honestly believe it's worth it, due to some of the release dates, others would whole-heartly disagree and think it's too much hassle and like helping game sales in their own terrority, which is totally fine and acceptable!

VideoGamesPlus (used DHL and thankfully didn't get customs, you won't either).

Games come to £35 normally and in some cases like Super Paper Mario, you'll get them 6 months earlier! AND you'll be getting Smash Bros this year!

Negatives? If it breaks, you'll have to send it back to VGP and after a certain amount of time, you won't be able too! You have no warrenty...and all the games you buy, you won't be able to trade in, in your local game shop.

Although i always sell my USA games on Ebay anyway.

You get a console + game for the same price as just the console in the UK on VGP.

I honestly believe it's worth it, due to some of the release dates, others would whole-heartly disagree and think it's too much hassle and like helping game sales in their own terrority, which is totally fine and acceptable!

Woah no customs? That was one of the things that was really putting me off.If i'm going to get one i'm gonna wait a little bit to see what other games have huge delays, but I do really want Brawl this year but I need to see what other games help me import a Wii over.

Woah no customs? That was one of the things that was really putting me off.If i'm going to get one i'm gonna wait a little bit to see what other games have huge delays, but I do really want Brawl this year but I need to see what other games help me import a Wii over.

I am importing a Wii only for Brawl as I can wait for everything else. I just missed out on getting one from VGP yesterday as they had them in stoock but by the time I had found out they had already gone :(

It wouldnt be so bad if they gave us a release date for Brawl because I could wait til January but I refuse to wait until say March.

Yea same.January I could live with but anything after that is a joke. Fact, i'm gonna pre-order Brawl on VGP just now just incase I change my mind. There's bound to be games in the future that will have long delays, especially the RPGs...

Yea same.January I could live with but anything after that is a joke. Fact, i'm gonna pre-order Brawl on VGP just now just incase I change my mind. There's bound to be games in the future that will have long delays, especially the RPGs...

and the new Trauma Centre which has co-op, which is out in November in the US i believe and won't be out here till at least next March.

Thats a plus as well, some games don't even make it over here do they?

Damn forgot about Trauma Centre there.Some games that have a gap like this is just what I can't be bothered waiting for and i'm sure it's gonna happen to lots of games.I would import one over soon as but since my work screwed up my wages I won't be getting paid till later this month, which it turns out actually isn't that far away...

Now I need to sort out Uni expenses and i'm set.What shipping do you do for games Owen? Was it the $7.49 option? And how long do those take and how much was DHL?

Sorry for the questions :p

Damn forgot about Trauma Centre there.Some games that have a gap like this is just what I can't be bothered waiting for and i'm sure it's gonna happen to lots of games.I would import one over soon as but since my work screwed up my wages I won't be getting paid till later this month, which it turns out actually isn't that far away...

Now I need to sort out Uni expenses and i'm set.What shipping do you do for games Owen? Was it the $7.49 option? And how long do those take and how much was DHL?

Sorry for the questions :p

It's fine!

Yep it's the cheap delivery for just the games, roughly £3 i believe. When they send the games on a Tuesday, you get them on a saturday (normally).

DHL delivery was £25 i think, whenever they send out a console they normally use this shipping option. They mark the package down so you don't ever get customs, which is great! and it takes 3-4 days to arrive

I got the Wii, Mario Party 8 and DHL shipping for £200, i believe.

Bookmark a Wii page and go on it at 8pm (UK time), thats when they normally update pages and stuff or send your games out, being there in Canada!

Hope that helps! :D

Thanks a lot buddy, that helped me out a lot :)

Gonna book mark the Wii homepage and keep my eye on it,then hopefully when I get my money sorted out I can order one.I can see parents moaning at me getting a second Wii :heh:

Ah well sucks to be them.Thanks again Owen :bowdown:

Thanks a lot buddy, that helped me out a lot :)

Gonna book mark the Wii homepage and keep my eye on it,then hopefully when I get my money sorted out I can order one.I can see parents moaning at me getting a second Wii :heh:

Ah well sucks to be them.Thanks again Owen :bowdown:

Haha! Everyone moaned about me getting a second wii! :D

But it's my money, therefore my choice! ;)

I was going to order a USA Wii last night, but bottled it at the last minute (by the way dvdboxoffice.com has them in stock) - I had a USA N64 and a JPN Cube modded for USA; but this time I'm just thinking I can't - Ive still got a lot of games to play through, Paper mario coming out, then metroid then Mario, I really think my gaming is kept busy enough, but the idea of getting Smash early is enticing, and plaing Metroid NOW, and playing Trauma Center this year and whatever else comes out loads earlier (inc. VC games)....

I can't though, it would be stupid, but its only £130............ Hmmmmm

To be honest with you, there doesn't seem much point now that we are entering a big release phase. There are so many games to be playing over the next three months, there's not really any need to import. The biggest advantage in doing this would have been earlier this year when there wasn't much happening here.

To be honest with you, there doesn't seem much point now that we are entering a big release phase. There are so many games to be playing over the next three months, there's not really any need to import. The biggest advantage in doing this would have been earlier this year when there wasn't much happening here.
I agree. I was considering it recently myself, but now that we're so close to that big release phase it's really not worth it.

Having said that, there's no telling what the situation will be like in the future so it could still be a wise move to import, or if you're a die hard Smash Bros. fan or course. :wink:

Personally Mario Galaxy was the decider for me, if we weren’t getting that this year I most certainly would have imported.

Unrelentless joy! :yay:

Can't wait, really! I've been looking forward to this a very long time. The only thin that could spoil the party now is that Nintendo Europe HQ, located in the lowest dungeon of Hell, would delay it in the last week. Unlikely, but then again, this is NoE HQ we're talking about. They feast on the soul of gamers and water their plants with gamers tears.

Let's just pray nobody decided to put the word "spastic" in this game.

Unrelentless joy! :yay:

Can't wait, really! I've been looking forward to this a very long time. The only thin that could spoil the party now is that Nintendo Europe HQ, located in the lowest dungeon of Hell, would delay it in the last week. Unlikely, but then again, this is NoE HQ we're talking about. They feast on the soul of gamers and water their plants with gamers tears.

Let's just pray nobody decided to put the word "spastic" in this game.

Nah, they won't delay it. Don't worry.

NGamer review was pretty weird - they spent the whole review pointing out all the bad parts, andthen at the end said: Hold on, we didn't really mean that. Its awesome.

Anyway, I'll be getting this regardless. 7 days!