NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sarka

Wii Sports

Tennis, golf AND baseball at launch. Nintendo, oh how you spoil us!

Haha Iwata Reggie and Miyamoto playing tennis, looks sweet. Though the grpahics look poor...

Looks cheap fun and accessable. Depending on the other launch games will depend on if I have the moola to pick this one up. Would be cool if it's only £20 or lower becasue then most people will have this game to play online against each other

It would be great if the game would come with the console, but I'll buy it.

It looks like a lot of fun - I'm glad to see they've stopped milking Mario and just made a standard sports package, this'll be a must at launch for me. One of the characters looked a lot liked Reggie - design your own characters/take a pic of your face and put it in the game perhaps?

Kinda wierd that they have gone with a non graphics option to entice the non gamers! I wonder if any more games will be added to the package?

Kinda wierd that they have gone with a non graphics option to entice the non gamers! I wonder if any more games will be added to the package?

cricket please!

I'll defiantly be picking this up for launch. Looks brilliant! Hopefully they'll stop with the Mario sports titles now and have this in place.

I assume all 3 sports are on one disc? Would be great if it was packed in with the Wii.

cricket please!

I don't think that'll happen. They could add Badminton though?!

Definately going to get this :D Fantastic decison by Nintendo and a great game to launch with the console. Is the Table tennis clip we saw from it too?

Anyone sense that this could be bundled with the wii ala track and feild was with the nes?

Did anyone else laugh when they announced the name in the conference? I mean it screams "Watersports"....I wont go into what I mean but I think you'll get the idea.

The game looks really fun though, visually arse but that's obviously why 3 are being bundled as one. The tennis game in the video was probably the highlight of the conference though even above everything else. Legendary.

Definately going to get this :D Fantastic decison by Nintendo and a great game to launch with the console. Is the Table tennis clip we saw from it too?

Table Tennis is basically Pong Wii.

This game sounds ace. I hope they add other bat/racket sports to the game.

like Squash, Badminton and Beating up monkeys with baseball bats.

I'm definitely getting this game. :D

It may look really basic, but anyone can tell it has buckets of fun. I loved watching Shigsy, Iwata, Reggie and that winner playing doubles!

What a marked contrast to Sony's straight-faced joypad-fumbling "errr... uhh.."s.

I mentioned it another thread, about controlling the players, and someone mentioned the Dpad. Well, unfortunately, its confirmed that the players AUTOMATICALLY go towards the ball :( This is a bit shit if you ask me. Oh well, im sure theyll be fun. I guess the Mario sports series will get the full treatment!!

Auto pilot makes an okay party game a piece of shit.

Not buying this now.. will just get Mario Party/WarioWare/Monkey Ball mini games.

Auto pilot makes an okay party game a piece of shit.

Not buying this now.. will just get Mario Party/WarioWare/Monkey Ball mini games.

semi agree. I won't get it with out trying before I buy. perhaps they'll allow demo's - 1 a month or something like that.

also on the face thing... maybe they let you upload a picture of yourself (through the SD card) and then alter the head it gets pasted on. it would be good if you could put in several faces (happy, neutral, annoyed) and the game displayed the game as appropriate. maybe you could download friends (authenticated via friend codes) faces, to add to the experience.

anyway, we'll see. I'm guessing new info will start coming in about 5-6pm?

I don't see the big problem with the automatic movement. These games are supposed to be fun, easy to use games. If you had to start fiddling around with the nunchuk attachment too it would put a lot of people off. We're almost certain to see Mario Tennis/Virtua Tennis on the system at some point so people wanting a serious, full-price tennis game can wait till then.

After getting back from school i found out that a few of my friends had actually watched the Nintendo Conference.

And their reponse was great!

One of them who didn't like Zelda is now totally hyped for Twilight Princess on the Wii.

But they all couldn't stop talking about the tennis game from Wii Sports, which has actually caused two to of my friends to ditch Sony and say they'd rather get a Wii.

These people who own playstations also said that the Sony Conference paled in comparisson and that it was quite boring.

Nintendo are geniuses.

Sign in to follow this