NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I need help :(

So fighting the dragons on normal mode and it just doesn't happen for me. Ike or Micaiah keep on dying whether its Ike Vs the dragon king or Micaiah getting attacked by 2 dragons.

Anyone able to pass on a few tips?

So i started hard mode the other day. I'm actually having an easier time right now, knowing what to look out for. It's really annoying that i can't see the enemies' range though =(

Experience is also quite hard to get, so I decided to only level a small number of characters seriously. My Edward got a master seal at lvl 10, just to weaken the enemy and Leonardo tags along to weaken the monsters for Micaiah/Ilyana to kill.

At least now i know not to bother with characters like Meg anymore :yay:

I need help :(

So fighting the dragons on normal mode and it just doesn't happen for me. Ike or Miechael keep on dying wether its Ike Vs the dragon king or michael getting attacked by 2 dragons.

Anyone able to pass on a few tips?

Well, this really depends on who you brought with you for endgame. Just make sure you have Micaiah (if that is who you mean) safe. Her damage is probably mediocre anyway and unless you gave her a seraph robe, she'll die in one hit (maybe even WITH the added HP).

You'd might want to just rescue her with a character that has savior.

Ike should be able to double the boss, and as long as you make sure he's healed by the end of the turn, he shouldn't die. Use Ena and Kurthnaga as support, by having them stand next to Ike. They won't get attacked by the other dragons.

Another option is to use them to block the stairs where all the red dragons come from. The white dragons are easier to kill, your party should be able to take care of them.

Other than that, abuse the royals as much as you can. If you brought nailah or Tibarn you should be just fine.

I managed to kill him off (on normal) with Ike and Tibarn doing the hits who'd get healed by elincia and micaiah on the same turn, Shinon would use the 3-range with his double bow and i even used Soren for the last bit of damage. Mia held the left side by herself, Brom and Nephenee took on the reinforcements coming from the south and Titania & Oscar held the stairs on the right of the king (mostly doing hit & run or using healing items)

got this on monday to celebrate the handing in of my dissertation, up to part 2 on easy now and holy crap this is hard! some units rule, outhers suck. what a baptism to the fire emblem! have to say, more effort on the graphics would be nice, but oh well.

Yeah seriously, if they upped the production value on this game, great graphics and more cut scenes with voice acting, this would be system seller to hardcore gamers.

just in chapter 3:1, and the few fmvs have been decent, part 3 is going well, i like my merry little band, found most of the units in part 2 dull, save for a couple.

Yeah seriously, if they upped the production value on this game, great graphics and more cut scenes with voice acting, this would be system seller to hardcore gamers.

I haven't picked this up yet, but seriously the Gamecube version was awesome, but same again, zero production values and not enough cut scenes turned a system seller into an over looked classic.

i doubt it could ever appeal to nintendo's target market (my parents and sister it would seem) as a turn based rts would be seen as dull by many, rather like advance wars, you cant get casual players involved.

when i think about it, im finding it easier then any advance wars game because im being careful not to lose any one.

I'm up to Ch 10, and I was wondering if there's anything I need to transfer or whatever, to the next group?

Iliyana will appear with another group in Part 2 or 3. You should give some important stuff to her like good weapons and gems.

i doubt it could ever appeal to nintendo's target market (my parents and sister it would seem) as a turn based rts would be seen as dull by many, rather like advance wars, you cant get casual players involved.

when i think about it, im finding it easier then any advance wars game because im being careful not to lose any one.

well FF7 appealed to the masses and that was turn based. Nintendo just need to give the series the sparkle and shine it deserves.

well Chess appealed to the masses and that was turn based.

Fixed for more accuracy. :heh:

well, chess has appeal granted, but learning to play last year, 7 of my 8 house mates thought it was sad, the 8th was my teacher.

kids today, all they want is pro evo and gta.

well, chess has appeal granted, but learning to play last year, 7 of my 8 house mates thought it was sad, the 8th was my teacher.

kids today, all they want is pro evo and gta.

Bah, what's up with kids, these days?

I learned to play chess when I was a child. And most of my classmates in high school played chess, once in a while.

I learned to play chess when I was a child. And most of my classmates in high school played chess, once in a while.

When I was a kid everyone knew how to play chess, we even had chess club at our school. Then I got a NES, and it wasn't that interesting anymore lol

Finally finished Path of Radiance and started on Radiant Dawn. I've now found out what exactly the data transfer does, and apparently it's next to useless in my case :indeed:. I only have 5 characters leveled up to 20/20 unfortunately, and I don't have any A level supports. Oh well, I won't mind doing another playthrough of PoR one day ;).

As for Radiant Dawn, well, I'm liking it so far, but not as much as Path of Radiance. Eventhough it appears the story is even more epic this time around, the way it's presented in 4 seperate chapters with it's own mini-stories, it al feels a bit hasty.. You don't get much to know about the Dawn Brigade's members, and that's why I don't really care for many of them..

Quick question, I've played through chapter 1, but I didn't use my bonus exp in the final chapter (was saving it 'till the end like PoR, but I guess this game has 4 final chapters). It's gone now, and I suppose I don't get it back even when I regain control of the Dawn Brigade?

Oh well, I'm thinking of replaying chapter 1 anyway to divide the exp better.

I played chess in my youth, this said... I never liked it. I love and always loved S-RPG's though.

I don't understand myself, tbh.

Managed to rent the cube version from Lovefilm. So once I'm all up on the story I'll be heading onto this one.

I've had this game for a month, I was dissappointed when I got it as I couldn't use my PoR save data as I have an NTSC copy, but it doesn't make too much difference.

I'm on my third playthrough, this time on hard mode and it's killing me, the removal of Battle Save really takes away your safety net, only on 1-3 so far, need to get rid of trash like Leonardo already.

But yeah I really like this game was waiting ages for a European, though the graphics and such may not be the greatest, it has pretty amazing gameplay, I really like the updated Skill system and the fully customizable supports, even if it does take away character from the game.

Quick question, I've played through chapter 1, but I didn't use my bonus exp in the final chapter (was saving it 'till the end like PoR, but I guess this game has 4 final chapters). It's gone now, and I suppose I don't get it back even when I regain control of the Dawn Brigade?

Oh well, I'm thinking of replaying chapter 1 anyway to divide the exp better.

You'll get it back when you see the Dawn Brigade again, Bonus EXP is like the item convoy, even if you don't use it all up it'll merge with Ike's team when the time comes.

done.

long game, but i certainly enjoyed it. felt like a few units were 2 strong (hawk king was like chuck norris with wings) but all in all well ballenced.

very enjoyable, story was good but long winded.

i'll give it 8/10, only let down by poor production values, lets hope enough people buy it to get a few more cut scenes put in next time.

i've gotten bored of it, might get back in to it at some point though...

i've gotten bored of it, might get back in to it at some point though...

Yeah, same as me. A few people on various other boards did aswell which is strange as it is essentially the same game as the Cube version. For me the story just didnt drag me into the game which is why I started to get bored with it.

I love Fire Emblem on the Gamecube and GBA... but I somehow haven't completed this one either. I got up to part two, having no hatred or dislike for the game (aside from the difficulty, which I remedied by restarting on easy) and I was enjoying getting back into the Fire Emblem way. However, I just stopped playing it... I don't know why. I liked what I played and didn't have any problems with the story... I just took it out of the Wii to play something else, and I'm yet to get the urge to put it back in. :hmm: It might not be Radiant Dawn's fault though because I haven't played any RPG games since it- I've been in a phase where I'm actually "playing" games rather than drilling hours into the turnbased stuff.

Haven't played it in a couple weeks but I started on part four today.

Why does Ilyana need 24 in strength? She maxed it at level six class three and I think she maxed them early in the other classes too.

Surprised me to see Sothe get a class up in the story. I lost six levels of stats.

I checked, bolting has a weight of 19, so 24 to cap it doesn't hurt. Also, she can retaliate when she has a stave equiped and i believe that uses strength for attack power.