NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Got this and Lost Odyssey today. Think I will start with RD although all this talk about increased difficulty scare me. I beat Sacred Stones and PoR without too much trouble(lost Rhys(the second healer whatever he's called)) but I just never could beat them a second time. I lost over and over on the same map so in the end I just gave up.

How can you actually play Sword of Seals? Has there been a fan translation or something?

Yes. Do you want the Patch or just the Script?

Yes. Do you want the Patch or just the Script?

Thanks, what about the actual game?

Had a quick look on play asia and ebay with no luck.

Thanks, what about the actual game?

Had a quick look on play asia and ebay with no luck.

The game is pretty hard to find these days, unfortunately. Good look finding a copy.

Bonus experience was definitely something that made the game slightly easier though, you are right. None in this game though.

Yeah there is, under Manage when your in Base Camp.

I'm on the last chapter of the first part atm.

Started on it today. Played a few chapters in both easy and normal and I chose easy. Normal isn't that hard, but it's hard enough that I don't want to risk playing 30+ hours and not be able to finish the game. Just lost on chapter 4 because I moved Meg against a Laguz in attack formation without backup or healer nearby(about Meg, I don't like her, will I get more tanks later in the game?). So I'll stick with easy or I will have to replay more than I have patience for. Could have bothered with normal if the game wouldn't award effort with punishment. At least let me keep the play time. By sending me back to the main screen I'm not just losing the time I have been playing, I will skip all the dozen cutscenes to get back to the battle, therefore shorten the actual play time even more. There's a couple of strategy games I have never bothered finishing because it's so freakin annoying to replay a level over and over and get nothing in return for it. Will continue tomorrow though I might go over to Lost Odyssey sometime.

Just finished chapter 3 of normal. Of course I now have found there are bonus experience points - must have read that there were not in a review I think.

Still seeing the game over screen a few too many times for my liking, but things are gradually getting better. I think the thing that makes the game more difficult is my need to build up the weaker characters. On chapter 3 I left

Ilyana and Aran(That knight that you talk to with Laura)

at the back and used Nolan and Sothe as my tanks.

One thing - nice to have a thief at the start of the game, who is so strong. I use him only for stealing. :-)

Nuts, I missed requiting Aran :(

You didn't miss much, he's crap.

Edward is where it's at.

I'm at Part 1, Chapter 7 at the moment, and my only complaint is the recruits who join me are clearly better in level and skill than my original minions, and I'm see poor level growth amongst some characters.

I have just reached Chapter 8 and so far , the above is also my only complaint.

It would have been nice if the difficulty was a little less harsh then you could at least attempt to regularly use your original characters to level them up but because of the unbalance of the new recruits you end up having to rely solely on them.

Saying that , it is also refreshing to find a game this challenging , whether I will still be saying that in 30-40 hours into the game remains to be seen.

I have a copy of this hidden in work because I just know this one wont be mass produced. going to wait until I can acutally afford it.

i have no problems with the difficulty. then again i'm playing on easy and i'm an expert have played through POR 3 times.

you can play with the original characters and level them up. just make sure to share out the experience points. use several characters to kill an enemy. that way you get more points.

I always play FE games through on Easy the first time round, i pretty much just want the story. I've got up to Part 2 now, can't remember how many Chapters in, but i'll guess 5.

Got another save game on Hard, playing through for the challenge of the battles. On Part 1 Chapter 4 for that save and, simply put, i feel like crying! It's so bloody hard/unfair etc!..

Anyhow, so far im loving this game, although i don't understand why they've cut back on FMV?!!?!? It was a step forward in POR!

Anyhow, so far im loving this game, although i don't understand why they've cut back on FMV?!!?!? It was a step forward in POR!

There's supposed to me more FMV's than PoR.

I'm about halfway through part 3 now and the story's really getting interesting, but most of all, the fights are so much fun!

I just love how the different stories come together. A couple chapters back i had to fight the dawn brigade (including the BK, ouch!) with the greil mercenaries. I screwed up in that chapter though; i made zihark join Ike and now he's pretty much useless in the greil mercenaries, but i still lost one of my strongest dawn brigade units. What i also noticed is that i can't attack Jill with anyone who knew her, but she does attack me back! Good thing i didn't lvl her that much

;)

I really hope i get the opportunity to lvl the dawn brigade/crimea royal guards some more, cause they're so weak!

There's supposed to me more FMV's than PoR.

Well, are they gonna count FMV's like the 3 second one with Mist in PoR? :p It seems to be an even amount for now.

There probably are more, but i've not seen any that stick in my head like the Ike's Dad vs Black Night one from PoR. That'll be the difference maker.

There's also really obvious places where more should have been added. The battle field engine is used WAY too much for telling stores, it doesn't look good and would be a lot better in FMV. I'd still like them to keep the text + picture conversations though, and the world map sequences.

There probably are more, but i've not seen any that stick in my head like the Ike's Dad vs Black Night one from PoR. That'll be the difference maker.

There's also really obvious places where more should have been added. The battle field engine is used WAY too much for telling stores, it doesn't look good and would be a lot better in FMV. I'd still like them to keep the text + picture conversations though, and the world map sequences.

There are more FMVs in RD than in PoR. About 12 maybe more in RD, only 6 in PoR! Keep your eyes on Part 3, that's where the best stuff is at!

The story gets very interesting as soon as you beat the Part 3 Endgame!

Part 2 is awesome, giving you only a handle full of units to use in each map against of ton of enemies usually. very short though.

Part 2 is awesome, giving you only a handle full of units to use in each map against of ton of enemies usually. very short though.

I just use Marcia for Chapter 3 there. Geoffrey is only needed to get rid of the Bowguns. Danved sucks in comparison to Nephenee, Astrid is very average, I never bothered with Makalov on PoR, Kieran is just annoying (though he is decent) and Geoffrey has average level ups. Marcia pwns them all so I let her hog the EXP there!

And it really annoys the hell out of me, how the yank narrator calls Geoffrey, "Jee-OH-free". Speak English dammit!

Marcia? I didn't get her in Path of Radiance- she was a recruit near the beginning wasn't she? I was noobish enough to miss her! I missed one or two characters in it, but nothing compared to the support convo's... I was looking at the PoR support list there in Radiant Dawn and I wouldn't say I missed a few so much as I got only a few! Lol. :blush:

I second the fact that the geezer doing the voice overs is a bit useless. ¬_¬

I'm not sure about the difficulty, I kind of put my deaths down to me getting back into the swing of things. I've died more times than enough though and I'm only in the opening stages so if the level of brutality is only gonna rise then I might restart it on easy.

Marcia? I didn't get her in Path of Radiance- she was a recruit near the beginning wasn't she? I was noobish enough to miss her! I missed one or two characters in it, but nothing compared to the support convo's... I was looking at the PoR support list there in Radiant Dawn and I wouldn't say I missed a few so much as I got only a few! Lol. :blush:

I second the fact that the geezer doing the voice overs is a bit useless. ¬_¬

I'm not sure about the difficulty, I kind of put my deaths down to me getting back into the swing of things. I've died more times than enough though and I'm only in the opening stages so if the level of brutality is only gonna rise then I might restart it on easy.

I don't like the way alot of valuable items are gotten. It's already hard to steal properly (disarm only went off for me once), but the random spaces with arms scrolls etc..they don't really work for me.

I'd rather have more houses i can visit or rewards for keeping a partner alive, i don't feel like checking a FAQ for all those items.

Oh and...I really hate the damn Dawn Brigade...

Make sure you properly level alot of them, I'm having an extremely hard time with them now later in the game, even though i didn't use the pre-promotes THAT much

Oh and...I really hate the damn Dawn Brigade...
Make sure you properly level alot of them, I'm having an extremely hard time with them now later in the game, even though i didn't use the pre-promotes THAT much

Same here, they're just shite. They rely too much on the power of 2 or 3 people

So far i've lost Aran and Fiona, both of whom are terrible, can't even survive 1 Laguz attack. Im finding that i have to rely on Sothe, Zihark and The Black Knight for most of my battles. Edward, Leonardo, Nolan, Volug and Miciah can all survive a single attack, but at the same time they're too weak to be effective. Im now bored, fighting battles i don't want to play because im killing former allies that i actually would rather won the battles

Same here, they're just shite. They rely too much on the power of 2 or 3 people

So far i've lost Aran and Fiona, both of whom are terrible, can't even survive 1 Laguz attack. Im finding that i have to rely on Sothe, Zihark and The Black Knight for most of my battles. Edward, Leonardo, Nolan, Volug and Miciah can all survive a single attack, but at the same time they're too weak to be effective. Im now bored, fighting battles i don't want to play because im killing former allies that i actually would rather won the battles

I put some effort in Aran, since I'm really short-handed at the moment(i recruited zihark with ike's team, ouch!). I stopped putting meg in battles and never gave fiona a shot, at least they're still alive.

I'm in the chapter where Ike's the boss now, the last time i had this objective i managed to kill the boss (flying units + leanne work wonders on that level) so i tried to see how my Edward would do against him with wrath, resolve AND vantage. Ike had a 98% chance of hitting Edward for 30hp, while i did 3 damage in return. Really annoying when the one character that's totally RNG blessed winds up as your enemy...Ike maxed 4 stats.

You might want to try concentrating on one or two characters per chapter. For instance, you could give Nolan resolve & paragon, and with the added def-boost from his axe he can get some wicked exp by just retaliating.

By the way, what lvl were your characters at these chapters? My stronger units are about 5-10 promoted with my Jill only just promoted and Aran is still lvl 20. (Not gonna mention the healer, i can't even remember her name anymore =p).

As for a general question, how do the supports work exactly? Do i need to talk to them to be able to strengthen the support or do they just need to be close to eachother alot in battles? I only have a B support on some characters, and not a single A support (except for micaiah & sothe ofcourse).

So what controller is everyone using?

As for supports Japjer, I need to get one in Radiant Dawn just to be 100% sure but the way I remember it working is that there are units who gain better attributes when they are near each other on the battlefield. So after having them spend a certain amount of time together out there then the support conversation will become available. Then, after you trigger the conversation, if you keep those units within a few squares of each other they gain some attributes and other advantages- like that tri attack of the three brothers in PoR.

Or something like that! I never really took full and proper advantage of the supports on either Path of Radiance or the GBA so anyone can feel free to properly explain them!

Yep, you can earn points for using the two units in battle, having them stand next to each other, rescuing them and healing them. You can then strengthen the support at the base. After they support they gain stat bonuses when they stand near each other (3 "square radius").

They also get short support conversations once your on a map but they don't seem to do much really. It's a shame they cut down the support conversations as they were usually a good source of the characters backgrounds/personalities.

Each unit can only have 1 support at a time though.