NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

So, the connectivity between the PAL FE from GC save with the Wii version is fixed? Cause I wanna know if I'll get the PAL or NTSC GC version. If the connectivity's not working I might as well get NTSC

I have Easy save data on my GC memory card and it works fine. I didn't try to upload the Easy data though, but it's supposed to freeze even if it's just present. So I'd say it's all fixed ;) ! It's actually becoming scarce in shops already so if you want a copy and don't want to have to spend £60 on Ebay for one, you'd better get RD tomorrow. Let's hope the bad reviews don't put off the next Wii FE game from being released over here! And yes, I think the reviews (ONM) are wrong, it's the best FE yet!

Hmmm, so they really fixed that in the PAL version, and everything is sorted out? Hmmm...

I never played the easy version in PoR, but I might reconsider in RD. The game seems very hard, and I don't want the story to flow too slowly in my first playthrough. :heh:

It's very funny when Micaiah predicts to go to some place, cause she can foresee the outcome...then she dies 20 times :p

I have Easy save data on my GC memory card and it works fine. I didn't try to upload the Easy data though, but it's supposed to freeze even if it's just present. So I'd say it's all fixed ;) ! It's actually becoming scarce in shops already so if you want a copy and don't want to have to spend £60 on Ebay for one, you'd better get RD tomorrow. Let's hope the bad reviews don't put off the next Wii FE game from being released over here! And yes, I think the reviews (ONM) are wrong, it's the best FE yet!

I havent' been following any of this, but what do you mean by uploading the data? Don't you just need to have the mem card on the Wii?

Yeah I know it's rare, I'll buy them as soon as I have money.

I havent' been following any of this, but what do you mean by uploading the data? Don't you just need to have the mem card on the Wii?

Yeah I know it's rare, I'll buy them as soon as I have money.

I assume that, when starting a new game in RD, you need to choose which Save File from PoR to use. Maybe that's what he meant.

And get the PAL version. At least that one is 100% fixed and there's no need for Freeloader waiting time.

I assume that, when starting a new game in RD, you need to choose which Save File from PoR to use. Maybe that's what he meant.

And get the PAL version. At least that one is 100% fixed and there's no need for Freeloader waiting time.

FOr the Wii I'll get PAL, I was just wondering about the GC version. But, yeah I think I'll go for PAL.

And Freeloader isn't a problem nor a necessity for me :P

I have this game and I am absolutely loving it. Just taken a short break to write this then I will jump back in to it. I started playing it about 11:30 pm last night and I have already clocked more than 10 hours worth. This game is so addictive.

I loved POR as well on the Cube and it is definitely a massive boost if you played that game first as there is so much reference to the first game. All the while, as such a fan, makes me very happy indeed.

The story in this game is building up nicely. If it continues like so, will be great. Unfortunately, I have already seen too much pre-release spoilers and one idiotic review that revealed who [spoiler: highlight] the black night was.

Some of the characters that I found more annoying or useless in POR are turning out to be very likeable this time around.

I will write more impressions of the game later.

Well the first game could only been found in my town for a stupid markup price at some indy games store which is now closed. But I've managed to rent it from lovefilm. So I'll have to wait before I get this one.

you can play this before POR as the game fills you in with a lot of the back story. I am playing this through on easy without the save data from the previous game.

admittedly you will love the game so much more after playing POR. However it will take you at least 30 hrs just to complete that game. Well worth it though I think.

I have just finished Part 1 of 4. Next on to Crimea's story.

I tell you what Intelligent Systems have done a brillaint job with this, and why? Two things;

1. Story, they've continued the story in an interesting way, and probably the best way possible (I'm only 5 or 6 chapters in!).

2. No controller gimmicks, its just pure old Fire Emblem, I don't think I'd enjoy my experience half as much if I had to flail the remote about to attack.

So far best game I've got on the Wii, and I do own Mario Galaxy, and most of the other so called big titles.

Can someone PM me a bit about what happened at the end of POR? I played at least 3/4 of the game, rescued the Herons etc. then sold my Cube before i completed it :hmm:

I think i got to the last battle in Daein, i know i was leading the army anyway...

Can someone PM me a bit about what happened at the end of POR? I played at least 3/4 of the game, rescued the Herons etc. then sold my Cube before i completed it :hmm:

I think i got to the last battle in Daein, i know i was leading the army anyway...

Let's see, you cross the bridge to crimea where you fight & kill petrine. Some of the crimean army went in hiding and joined the team once they heard elincia had arrived (bastian, lucia & geoffrey). Then you head towards the crimean capitol, where ashnard resides. On the way there you run into the black knight, but during your fight the building collapses. The black knight is assumed dead. You find out Nasir is Ena's grandfather and one of the two will join you. The final battle is in the castle, once you defeat ashnard, he touches the fire emblem and goes all crazy...so you defeat him again. You find out the reason Ena stayed with ashnard is cause his wyvern is actually her dragon boyfriend. Crimea is liberated with Elincia as their new queen, forms an alliance with gallia, and the people are warming up to the concept of beorc & laguz getting along. I kinda forgot what happened to Ike though. I believe he just continued leading the greil mercenaries. Most of the people they met on the way went back to their home countries.

I think that's about it.

Let's see, you cross the bridge to crimea where you fight & kill petrine. Some of the crimean army went in hiding and joined the team once they heard elincia had arrived (bastian, lucia & geoffrey). Then you head towards the crimean capitol, where ashnard resides. On the way there you run into the black knight, but during your fight the building collapses. The black knight is assumed dead. You find out Nasir is Ena's grandfather and one of the two will join you. The final battle is in the castle, once you defeat ashnard, he touches the fire emblem and goes all crazy...so you defeat him again. You find out the reason Ena stayed with ashnard is cause his wyvern is actually her dragon boyfriend. Crimea is liberated with Elincia as their new queen, forms an alliance with gallia, and the people are warming up to the concept of beorc & laguz getting along. I kinda forgot what happened to Ike though. I believe he just continued leading the greil mercenaries. Most of the people they met on the way went back to their home countries.

I think that's about it.

Cool. Thanks for that :)

After having waited a full year since the release of the Japanese version, this game is FINALLY available over here. Yet, I don't have the time and money to play this little gem. I just ordered No More Heroes, so Fire Emblem will have to wait a little longer...

Have... to... suppress... the... desire... to play... Fire... Emblem...

SSBB won't work and the store screwed up my order. It was never sent so I had to order it somewhere else. It hasn't been sent so I won't get it before after Easter...

This game is seriously kicking my arse , although it pleases me that I am not alone.

I haven't had much time with it (largely due to HM:MM and MLB Power Pros) but have still only managed to get to Chapter 5. I may end up having to pussy it out and opt for easy difficulty although I would really rather not.

What I have seen of it (very little :p) though I like a lot so maybe perseverance is the key.

I'm on Part 3 Chapter 13! The PoR save data upload gives you're best FE characters stat boosts, and you can carry over coins from PoR which are now used in forging! There is also a PoR Support Conversation Gallery that opens up.

Jill is the best character ever!

Hm, I keep hearing people say the game is f*cking hard. Is it really that hard? I mean, I've been hearing people say that about every FE game that's been released since FE6 on GBA.

Yes, the games are hard, if you rush out to the front without planning. Yes, then it's hard. But hard as in... not playable? Hm... I think it's part of the gameplay. There are some battles that take several efforts to complete without somebody dieing. It's really frustrating, yet it's so enjoyable when you manage to get to the end.

I'm ready to get my ass kicked come in a few week's time :D

Hm, I keep hearing people say the game is f*cking hard. Is it really that hard? I mean, I've been hearing people say that about every FE game that's been released since FE6 on GBA.

Yes, the games are hard, if you rush out to the front without planning. Yes, then it's hard. But hard as in... not playable? Hm... I think it's part of the gameplay. There are some battles that take several efforts to complete without somebody dieing. It's really frustrating, yet it's so enjoyable when you manage to get to the end.

I'm ready to get my ass kicked come in a few week's time :D

I have also not found the GBA games hard but this really is quite hard. I have only playe dthe first few levels but I have seen the game over screen more times than I would usually like to admit.

I am playing the game on the Normal rather than easy difficulty mind you.

Also I am trying my hardest not to use the characters of advanced level (as you get more exp for characters at lower levels).

I would have said that PoR was harder than the GBA games (in the west - they are easier than the jap ones) and that RD is harder than PoR.

However I love it. It really is like the game is a continuation of the previous game, in difficulty as well as story.

I would have said that PoR was harder than the GBA games (in the west - they are easier than the jap ones) and that RD is harder than PoR.

Funny, in difficulty, I think:

Sword of Seals > Fire Emblem GBA > Sacred Stones > PoR

Let's see if RD tops SoS...

Funny, in difficulty, I think:

Sword of Seals > Fire Emblem GBA > Sacred Stones > PoR

Let's see if RD tops SoS...

It just seems easier for characters at the start to be OHKOed in the GC/Wii ones. In the other games, even for weaker characters they could usually stand one hit.

One of the starting characters in this game starts with a sword and can be killed by some bog standard guards that will double hit him in the second level! (Admittedly they are lance carriers, but still.)

Another thing is that it seems to be hardder to create super characters in the Wii GC games. In the original FE I could make a healer using light magic that I could use on the front row to take blows protecting other characters! It seemed to be much harder to make level 20/20 characters in the GC game and when you did, you still had to watch out for a high powered (but not 20/20) enemy of the opposing type.

Final thing is the black knight. Even if you have Ike at 20/20, unless you have made him very powerful (using restarts if the stat gains were not good enough) you actually need luck to beat him as it relies on Aether being activated!

Have never played sword of seals, but I agree that the original FE was harder than sacred stones.

I think this game is about the right difficulty, I'm playing it on Normal, and although I think the first few rounds surprised me, and I died a lot. I'm now getting into the stride of playing FE (been a while), I think it just takes planning.

Definitely tougher than PoR, and Fire Emblem GBA.

I'm at Part 1, Chapter 7 at the moment, and my only complaint is the recruits who join me are clearly better in level and skill than my original minions, and I'm see poor level growth amongst some characters.

It just seems easier for characters at the start to be OHKOed in the GC/Wii ones. In the other games, even for weaker characters they could usually stand one hit.

One of the starting characters in this game starts with a sword and can be killed by some bog standard guards that will double hit him in the second level! (Admittedly they are lance carriers, but still.)

I heard that the starting characters include an archer, a thief, a magician, a cleric and a myrmidon. Yeah, those are fragile classes.

About the soldiers, is your myrmidon using an iron sword? A steel sword is definately not recommendable in the first chapters. Especially in a myrmidon.

Another thing is that it seems to be hardder to create super characters in the Wii GC games. In the original FE I could make a healer using light magic that I could use on the front row to take blows protecting other characters! It seemed to be much harder to make level 20/20 characters in the GC game and when you did, you still had to watch out for a high powered (but not 20/20) enemy of the opposing type.

Final thing is the black knight. Even if you have Ike at 20/20, unless you have made him very powerful (using restarts if the stat gains were not good enough) you actually need luck to beat him as it relies on Aether being activated!

Seriously? I found it easier to level up characters in PoR, thanks to the bonus exp. Healers could level up more, instead of relying solely on the staves.

You're right about Rhys, his low Strength and Speed made him bad for combat (and he was the only one capable of using Light magic). Mist was good at combat, but only after being able to use one of the magic swords.

And that battle in the spoilers was annoying. You really had to rely on your luck.

Have never played sword of seals, but I agree that the original FE was harder than sacred stones.

Sword of Seals is cool. Underrated soundtrack, and the story/characters are a bit more serious (although some parts are boring/uninteresting).

But the difficulty was punishing. Roy's rapier was weak, many characters were useless, the enemy had strategic ambushes waiting for you, and luck hated you (a Hit percentage lower than 80% meant you would most likely miss. A dodge percentage of 40% meant you would certainly be hit.).

Plus, in order to get the real ending, you had to complete every single Side-Quest.

Give it a shot someday, anyway. :heh:

I heard that the starting characters include an archer, a thief, a magician, a cleric and a myrmidon. Yeah, those are fragile classes.

About the soldiers, is your myrmidon using an iron sword? A steel sword is definately not recommendable in the first chapters. Especially in a myrmidon.

Seriously? I found it easier to level up characters in PoR, thanks to the bonus exp. Healers could level up more, instead of relying solely on the staves.

You're right about Rhys, his low Strength and Speed made him bad for combat (and he was the only one capable of using Light magic). Mist was good at combat, but only after being able to use one of the magic swords.

And that battle in the spoilers was annoying. You really had to rely on your luck.

Sword of Seals is cool. Underrated soundtrack, and the story/characters are a bit more serious (although some parts are boring/uninteresting).

But the difficulty was punishing. Roy's rapier was weak, many characters were useless, the enemy had strategic ambushes waiting for you, and luck hated you (a Hit percentage lower than 80% meant you would most likely miss. A dodge percentage of 40% meant you would certainly be hit.).

Plus, in order to get the real ending, you had to complete every single Side-Quest.

Give it a shot someday, anyway. :heh:

Haha. I remember now. There was some kind of hack in the original for extra experience. It was a boss that healed itself on a throne (and a shop with infinite weapons to buy) so you could just keep pummelling it and not killing it, raising the level of your characters. I think I got most characters to level 20 before the end of the first main part. Deathly dull mind you. :)

(I miss shops in the maps.)

Bonus experience was definitely something that made the game slightly easier though, you are right. None in this game though.

Soldier is using an iron sword, so no troubles there.

How can you actually play Sword of Seals? Has there been a fan translation or something?