NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

yay! My Gameplay order status has changed to "complete" so I guess that means it's shipped?

yay! My Gameplay order status has changed to "complete" so I guess that means it's shipped?

Same here , and Harvest Moon has also been sent. Loads of Wii time tomorrow.

I ordered mine on Amazon with normal supersaver delivery and its yet to be dispatched. I can't think of the last game I pre-ordered on Amazon so I'm using this as a test to see how good they are. I got a couple of EA games in September, but I ordered them so close to their release it hardly counts.

My hype has died away for this, I was dying for it a year ago... and it was pretty much my only reason for truly wanting the Wii, lol. Lets hope that when I get my mitts on it that I'll get straight into it and love it like I do the GC game.

I've only just realised this is out this weekend! I guess it is time for me to buy a Wii!

I'll wait til the weekend, staff discount should *hopefully* be going up to 15% for Easter :D

how many hours would it take me again rufffly to complete the gc version on normal ?

If you've never played it before and you don't want any characters to die, I'd say 40 hours minimum, up to 70 max! It isn't short or easy, not for first timers!

how many hours would it take me again rufffly to complete the gc version on normal ?

I dunno...maybe 30, since you already played a good portion of it.

Take this chance to train a few good characters to use in RD (Transfer Data).

30-40 hours is not somthing i got spare sadly :( specially with brawl, bully,no more heroes and other games on wii, and other c onsoles on the go]

guess ill have to start with no save file or put it on the shelf for months till its complete

So... this... is a long game, a hard game... and not for beginners?

Ok, now im sure, i'l buy this one ^^

5 Weeks and its mine ^^

And then i can wait for Brawl :)

My copy arrived this morning and I have done the opening couple of chapters.

I forgot how good this series was , and I seriously regret selling PoR (especially as I no longer have the save on my memory card either) , but early signs indicate another enjoyable experience ahead.

I must be out of practise though , because even this early on I have seen the Game Over scene more times than I thought I would , unless this is just tougher generally. I am going through on 'Normal' difficulty.

The game hasn't had a chance to really open up yet but there seems to be the usual amount of depth that the series provides (perhaps more so) , so I really look forward to progressing.

I would play a bit more but Harvest Moon also arrived this morning and I really want to give that a look today , especially as I am hoping that my MLB Power Pros from VGP arrives tomorrow.

I need more hours in the day.

Where did you guys order it from then?

Also Piggy, get a whirl on Harvest Moon and get some impressions posted up!

So... this... is a long game, a hard game... and not for beginners?

Ok, now im sure, i'l buy this one ^^

5 Weeks and its mine ^^

And then i can wait for Brawl :)

Well, you since you're buying the game without playing the first one, here's a quick synopsis of Path of Radiance:

In this world, there are normal humans (Beorc) and creatures who are half human, half animal (Laguz). The Laguz are divided in Beast Tribe, Bird Tribe and Dragon Tribe. Discrimination between Beorc and Laguz is very common.

Basically, the countries are Crimea (the good), Daein (the bad), Begnion (powerful and religious), Gallia (Beast Tribe), Goldoa (Dragon tribe) and the Bird Tribe Islands.

The Greil Mercenaries live in Crimea, and their leader is Greil, Ike's father. One day, Daein launches a surprise attack on Crimea, and the Greil Mercenaries stumble upon the Crimean Princess, Elincia, who hires them to help her reclaim her country.

Greil accepts, but is killed a few days afterwards, by the mysterious "Black Knight". Ike must now take leadership of the Greil Mercenaries and fulfill his duty to Elincia.

Through his journey, he finds allies in Begnion and the Laguz tribes. He also finds the true motives behind the war, and the secret of the Fire Emblem, a medallion his sister carries all the time. Eventually, Ike manages to apparently kill the Black Knight, but his body was never found.

In the end, Ike manages to kill the Daein King Ashnard (who tried to use the Fire Emblem to summon an evil god) and brings an end to the war. The Laguz help rebuild Crimea, and Begnion takes control of Daein.

Radiant Dawn starts a few years later, with Begnion ruling Daein with an iron fist, and few Daeins who rebel against it.

I must be out of practise though , because even this early on I have seen the Game Over scene more times than I thought I would , unless this is just tougher generally. I am going through on 'Normal' difficulty.

Apparently, this is the hardest Fire Emblem in the west thus far. Also, there is a localization mistake that confuses a lot of people:

-In the Japanese version of PoR, there was "Normal", "Hard" and "Maniac". In the western localisation, they got rid of "Maniac" and added "Easy".

-In the Japanese version of RD, they still have the same system. In the western localisation, they decided to keep those difficulties, and just changed their names (Normal became Easy, Hard became Normal, Maniac became Hard)

-Due to this confusing adaptation, Normal PoR corresponds to Easy RD, and Hard PoR corresponds to Normal RD. If you're transferring PoR data, keep this in mind.

Thanks to the Synopsis, Jonnas ^^

Now im sure i will buy this one, its exactly what i need to wait to Brawl, and i allways like rebel stories in RPG's, so... why not in Strategy-RPG's?

Damn, this game is TOUGH!

I must've already died (aka reset) about 15 times and im only on chapter 5! Everyone is just so fragile!

I let aimee die in the chapter where she shows up as partner, did i miss out on something big because of that? She only retreated though, still in charge of the item shop.

Also, what's up with the support conversations, do you get some kind of bonus when you talk to your buddies on the battlefield?

Your not kidding: Micaiah dies after 1 hit. I've had to reset alot as well.

@spoiler, if she retreats you didn't miss anything. Except maybe some bonus EXP.

And yeah you get stat boosts from supports. Move 2 characters close by to gain the boosts. You can check what boosts you get in the characters status screen.

It depends on what you like about RPGs.

The story is great, the characters are customizable, but if you're looking for an action-oriented RPG like tales of symphonia then this isn't the game for you.

From what i've so far played though, you can get alot more out of the game if you play Path of Radiance first (storywise).

It depends on what you like about RPGs.

The story is great, the characters are customizable, but if you're looking for an action-oriented RPG like tales of symphonia then this isn't the game for you.

From what i've so far played though, you can get alot more out of the game if you play Path of Radiance first (storywise).

I meant as in terms of say, FF and the series, is it turn based? and just sword play?

I meant as in terms of say, FF and the series, is it turn based? and just sword play?

It's a Tactical RPG. Yes, it's turn based.

Yes, it involves much swordplay, as well as lances, axes, bows and magic.

Apparently, this is the hardest Fire Emblem in the west thus far. Also, there is a localization mistake that confuses a lot of people:

-In the Japanese version of PoR, there was "Normal", "Hard" and "Maniac". In the western localisation, they got rid of "Maniac" and added "Easy".

-In the Japanese version of RD, they still have the same system. In the western localisation, they decided to keep those difficulties, and just changed their names (Normal became Easy, Hard became Normal, Maniac became Hard)

-Due to this confusing adaptation, Normal PoR corresponds to Easy RD, and Hard PoR corresponds to Normal RD. If you're transferring PoR data, keep this in mind.

Thanks for that, Jonnas. I am still a bit confused - what does using your PoR save file actually get you in RD? Can't remember if I got round to completing RD on hard. Can you only use your save data for the corresponding difficulty?

Looking forward to the game loads now - especially given the difficulty.

Mine still has not come from Amazon. :blank:

Thanks for that, Jonnas. I am still a bit confused - what does using your PoR save file actually get you in RD? Can't remember if I got round to completing RD on hard. Can you only use your save data for the corresponding difficulty?

Basically, any characters that appeared in PoR (with the exception of Sothe) gets some stat boosts depending on what their stats were in the PoR save file.

it also unlocks a support gallery with all the support convos you had unlocked in PoR. Difficulty doesn't matter. Although there was a bug in the US version that made the game crash if you transfered an easy mode save. No idea if it's been fixed for the PAL release.

Looking forward to the game loads now - especially given the difficulty.

Mine still has not come from Amazon. :blank:

You can only use a Normal PoR file in an Easy RD playthrough. A Hard PoR file can be used in a Normal RD playthrough.

About what you get, I know that your Level 20 characters will get a few bonus in their stats (except for Devdan, Largo, and I think Sothe).

I also think you get a few items (like those useless coins, that have some use, now)

But I still need to get the game. And I can see I won't be able to in a while...

I used normal PoR data for normal RD, so it seems it's less buggy now. I had the option of using my hard data as well (which i should have, i just realised i picked my first playthrough for the data transfer...)

Daaamn, i just managed to let zihark die! This game is insane, It's like I'm playing with a bunch of Mists who die in 1 attack and the stronger units don't gain any exp from their kills. Still love it

:yay:

I used normal PoR data for normal RD, so it seems it's less buggy now. I had the option of using my hard data as well (which i should have, i just realised i picked my first playthrough for the data transfer...)

Hmmm, so they really fixed that in the PAL version, and everything is sorted out? Hmmm...

I never played the easy version in PoR, but I might reconsider in RD. The game seems very hard, and I don't want the story to flow too slowly in my first playthrough. :heh: