NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Why the hell did you bump this thread?

Maybe he wants to talk about the game?

Speaking of which did we get a date at all? or is it out already. i'm lost with this game but I want it.

We never did get a date for it over here, come to think of it I dont think Yankeeland has either.

Maybe he wants to talk about the game?

We never did get a date for it over here, come to think of it I dont think Yankeeland has either.

It hasn't been given a date anywhere outside of Japan unfortunatly. I'm hoping it'll appear in English at E3 though along with a release date.

Path of Radiance was localised pretty quickly, I think it only took 5 months for the US version to come out after the Japanese version. And it's been nearly 5 months since GoD came out in Japan.

It hasn't been given a date anywhere outside of Japan unfortunatly. I'm hoping it'll appear in English at E3 though along with a release date.

Path of Radiance was localised pretty quickly, I think it only took 5 months for the US version to come out after the Japanese version. And it's been nearly 5 months since GoD came out in Japan.

Then again... Paper Mario 2 was also quick, specially when it came to distance between the US and European release and look how many months they're taking for Super Paper Mario.

How did Path of Radiance sell? I hope this won't end up Jap only.

Hey Zechs, lets not even tempt the fact that it could be Jap only! I hope we hear something about it at E3 - a European release in 07 would be great if they could get all the translation done that quick! Anyone know the gap between when Path of Radiance came out in Japan to when it arrived in Euroland?

How did Path of Radiance sell? I hope this won't end up Jap only.
Don't Worry, Path of Radiance sold more outside of Japan than in Japan.

well i am really wondering about this game. maybe they are doing something new to it or something big be coarse i have the feeling they are keeping it down

This game is shaping up to be awesome. Specially for those that still have a Path of Radiance saved game. Let's see:

-Improved graphics and animations;

-New strategic items;

-New classes;

-Second promotion for most units (I believe this to be true);

-Completing the previous game's story and loose ends;

-Improvement of the support feature;

-The possibility of new trial maps through Wii24 (Rumour);

-Multiple lords, tons of Chapters, and even more characters;

-Connection with Path of Radiance. Coins, Character levels and supports can be brought over.

- Basically correcting the things Path of radiance did wrong.

And I trust the sound and music will be awesome, as expected from a Fire Emblem game.:grin:

I recently went back to Path of Radiance which I started, but never finished. Seriously, that game sucks you into it. I really loved the story and wished there was more to it, since there were so many story developments and characters that never got into the main game.

So I was happy to hear that Goddess of Dawn is a direct sequel to it. I believe it's devided in 4 main story sequences, each consisting of 10+ chapters. Kinda like how FE7 was on the GBA. All characters make a comeback in the Greil Mercenaries part, while new characters are added in the other parts. It's true that you can use the PoR save game in Goddess of Dawn, which is a nice bonus feature. It's also because of this that a second upgrade is made possible. Maxed out characters wouldn't grow anymore, which takes away the FE gameplay.

I cant wait to get my hands on it, but im afraid we wont see it till Spring 08 at the earliest, if at all...

This game is shaping up to be awesome. Specially for those that still have a Path of Radiance saved game. Let's see:

-Improved graphics and animations;

-New strategic items;

-New classes;

-Second promotion for most units (I believe this to be true);

-Completing the previous game's story and loose ends;

-Improvement of the support feature;

-The possibility of new trial maps through Wii24 (Rumour);

-Multiple lords, tons of Chapters, and even more characters;

-Connection with Path of Radiance. Coins, Character levels and supports can be brought over.

- Basically correcting the things Path of radiance did wrong.

And I trust the sound and music will be awesome, as expected from a Fire Emblem game.:grin:

Erm, doesn't it use the exact the same graphics engine as PoR?

Erm, doesn't it use the exact the same graphics engine as PoR?

Actually, I was basing myself on a few trailers I had seen.

The graphics were a definite improvement over Path of Radiance. There was more detail and the animations seemed to flow better.

Even the character mugs changed a little bit. Different art style makes it feel fresher.

I don't know if it is the same graphics engine, but the visuals in Goddess of Dawn seem to have improved over Path of Radiance.

I don't know if it is the same graphics engine, but the visuals in Goddess of Dawn seem to have improved over Path of Radiance.

It's exactly the same engine. There's nothing about the game that couldn't be done on the Cube.

It's exactly the same engine. There's nothing about the game that couldn't be done on the Cube.

Yes, I believe that. There are games on the Cube that look better than Goddess of Dawn.

I'm comparing PoR to GoD. Of course it's not a HUGE improvement. All I'm saying is that GoD seems to be better polished.

I'm just basing it in what I've seen from trailers, though, so my judgment may be clouded.

Hey Zechs, lets not even tempt the fact that it could be Jap only! I hope we hear something about it at E3 - a European release in 07 would be great if they could get all the translation done that quick! Anyone know the gap between when Path of Radiance came out in Japan to when it arrived in Euroland?

JP: April 21st 2005

US: Oct 17th 2005 [5 months after Japan]

EU: Nov 4th 2005 [< 1 month after US]

There is a slight improvement, having the same engine doesn't mean the graphics are the same. But yeah, there's nothing spectacular about the graphics but they do their job.

I suppose with E3 looming news is a bit thin on the ground as everyone wants to maximise their press coverage at E3 with plenty of announcements.

Loving the style of the cut scenes, really sets the game apart from others!

I am kinda loking forward to this, never actually finished the Gamecube one and ended up selling, wish I hadn't now since this is a direct continuation of the story (I think).

Cant wait for this game! Is it really coming this year? Cus on the N-E site, it doesnt list this game in the European release list. It IS mentioned in the US one though.

I missed POR and i'm a huge fan of the gba games and advanced wars.

I will not miss this one.

I'm really looking forward to this, so i started playing PoR again. I might even like this second playthrough more as the first one, as now i took the time to not overuse titania and get some others get some exp.

What data from the saved game can be transferred to GoD? I forgot to get Sothe on this playthrough and iirc, he's the main character in one of the storylines.

Edit: @ trailer: Aww, Ike really looks like his father now! :D

Another Edit: Everyone seen in the video seems to be from PoR as well: Ike, Soren, Titania, Boyd, Sothe (the one who gets saved, right?) and ingame footage of Jill and Ilyana. But who's the pegasus knight? Could that be Elincia?

What data from the saved game can be transferred to GoD? I forgot to get Sothe on this playthrough and iirc, he's the main character in one of the storylines.

From what I understood, most characters will be back from Path of Radiance, but you don't need PoR to use them. The saved game information just makes them stronger when you get them. The exceptions are

Sothe and Devdan

(I'm not completely sure about this one. I could be wrong.)

Also, save the coins you gain in the game. They're gonna be useful in Goddess of Dawn.

Another Edit: Everyone seen in the video seems to be from PoR as well: Ike, Soren, Titania, Boyd, Sothe (the one who gets saved, right?) and ingame footage of Jill and Ilyana. But who's the pegasus knight? Could that be Elincia?

The Greil's Mercenaries segment can be entirely seen on Youtube, in japanese. About the character that's being rescued:

It's not Sothe. It's Lucia with shorter hair.

Trailer looks great. I cannot wait for this game - seeing the Black Mage guy that gives you battle reports and whatnot, wish I could mind his name, reminded me of how much I distrusted him. I waited the whole game for him to turn against us and he never did. If he's back in this one then its only a matter of time before he shows his true colours.