NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

^ see that's just wrong. Nintendo can't dictate what firmware people should be using on their consoles. If people don't want to update for whatever reason then so be it. But they really shouldn't be so backhanded.

Is there anyone here that used the FreeLoader method to install the firmware update?

Also Franklin, there's been reports that if you haven't already installed the homebrew channel, you can't after the update.

You better be fracking kidding me:shakehead

hopefully they'll be an updated version of it soon enough anyway to counter any blockage, my ToS2 will be here soon

Up to stage 13 on this now, poor Ray is really have "one hell of day", it's like just as he thinks it can't get worse more shit happens :heh:

7.3 from ONM. Although you can't put much credit in their reviews. But not bad. That and the Famitsu ones are the only reviews I've seen.

7.3 from ONM. Although you can't put much credit in their reviews. But not bad. That and the Famitsu ones are the only reviews I've seen.

It was 82% in ONM...

^ see that's just wrong. Nintendo can't dictate what firmware people should be using on their consoles. If people don't want to update for whatever reason then so be it. But they really shouldn't be so backhanded.

Yes, yes they can. Not only because some games need them, but because it's their games and console, that while belonging to you, you agreed to their terms of contract.

Found one:

"Disaster: Day of Crisis is the latest game that falls into this category, offering gameplay that would have felt dated at the beginning of this decade, visuals that bring back memories of 32-Bit gaming and more cheese than a straight to DVD action movie."

5/10

http://www.videogamer.com/wii/disaster_day_of_crisis/review.html

ahah lol. no.

I'll round it up so far, it's addictive, good arcade fun, seems to be pretty packed and varied. All that variety makes for some things like graphics to be all over the place, some parts great others bad. And yes, it's cheesy, which is kind of the point. I recommend it so far.

I'm liking the game. Its an interesting story, it actually feels fresh, the cinematics are good. I'm loving the real time even camera- i've never seen that before.

It has its faults which have been widely reported. The shooting bits are definately the worst part of the game (the laggy cursor doesn't help, and the complete lack of reaction to enemies being shot is abysmal). Sadly, these issues could have been fixed rather easily.

The lack of PL2 is sorely missed- certainly for those with a decent set up. Although, strangely, there's some great sound design going on.

The city itself seems a bit lifeless, other than a handful of survivors to save, there's on real sense of the city being lived in or the panic that would've ensured such a Day of Crisis. However, this is probably more to do with the hardware than developers' imagination.

Its no masterpiece but for a few hours of escapism, its no better or no worse than alot of its contemporaries.

If i were reviewing, a good 7.5. If the shooting bits were a little more developed, i think it could've fallen into the high 8s.

10/10 if PL2 were added! ;)

There is also a review from the bigest Greek video games site gameover.gr

8/10

I put the closing coment:

"The fact that the piece of Monolith Soft offers a generous checkpoint system, and makes it accessible to casual players, while the hardcore will remain satisfied with the multitude of possibilities and the incredible atmosphere possible. Despite its problems, the adventure of Ray is a unique and novel experience for gaming, the upload data at the top of the Wii games for the current period. We, the only problem we have at the end of that waiting is the start forward work to create continuity! "

Positive

-The absolute use of motion controls to date

-The film action movie atmosphere

Negative

- Lack of identity because of too many kinds of gameplay

-To character animation of Ray is below par

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fgameover%2egr%2fDisaster%2dDay%2dof%2dCrisis%2e6220%2ehtml%3farticle%5fpage%3d3

What laggy cursor? Seriously! What games are people playing, cause I don't get any laggy cursor! People say the same about RE and from what I played, nothing there either.

Played a little more of this last night and I can't say I have noticed any problems with the controls/cursor.

I was a little disappointed in how short missions 4-6 felt , especially as the opening 3 missions felt longer (although that could be down to the introductions of the controls). That being said , having to re-do one of the driving missions on the bridge a few too many times added to the length of the playing time.

Only missed one rescue so far (which I went back for later) and managing to rack up a few titles.

One thing I noticed when replaying the levels is that there doesn't seem to be any incentive to getting an 'S' grade (other than the increased SP multiplier) and I thought that this would have been another good opportunity for even more unlockables , liking the stamina sign hunt though. I obviously haven't finished this yet so perhaps something may lie in store at the end for doing so , I hope so anyway.

Another thing that constantly sprung to mind was the fact that if Atari had even given the slightest shit about it's games then Alone In The Dark could have become something more than a coaster. I knew it was a missed opportunity back then , but it becomes even more obvious after playing this.

The SP multiplier seems like a pretty big incentive, because I just missed 1 save so far and the points to upgrade are kinda tight. Also, I can't do the junk shootout! Aagh!

What laggy cursor? Seriously!

There is a noticeable difference between Disaster's cursor and, say, Mario Galaxy's. It could just be an optical illusion because of the shape of the cursor, but there does seem to be some difference. Either that or my optical nerve has a built in delay.

Also, I can't do the junk shootout! Aagh!

Does seem a little tough - best I managed so far was 4 pieces remaining , even then it took over a minute , and it's going to be a while before that target time is reached.

I kept thinking what a useless idea the junk was , but I was really grateful for it just now.

Just did a mission which starts with a pretty lengthy shootout and I either got completely trigger happy or missed a ammo refill mid way through so I ran out of ammo and had to kill the remaining 15-20 enemy by only chucking rocks at them. It took a while :shakehead

This game is great F-U-N. I was ready to give in and buy a 360 just to have something to play. Thanks to this and, hopefully, CoD WAW, I might not have to just yet (though Dead Space is veeery tempting)...

PLII works just fine by the way.

Well interesting to read everyone's views on this. This is a game that has been on my radar for a very long time but seem as its been constantly delayed I had actually forgotten it was out...not gonna pick it up now, but certainly will add it to the list to get next year!

I think its standard Pro-logic which. Its certainly failing to work my sub out.

I can't do the junk shootout! Aagh!
Oh good, so it's not just me then? :heh:

I just did the minigun shooting range, mucho fun with that weapon! :grin:

Wow, you must have a magical surround receiver then. :laughing:

Aaaaannnyway, I'm up to stage 20 and no doubt nearing the end now...

Was disappointed when that crazy SURGE guy got killed, he was the best character in the game for entertainment value. Really surprised to see the Colonel get taken out at the same time too!

Word of warning to anyone that wants to avoid spoilers, don't watch the long trailer for this on the Nintendo Channel, tis full of 'em. :shakehead

There is a noticeable difference between Disaster's cursor and, say, Mario Galaxy's. It could just be an optical illusion because of the shape of the cursor, but there does seem to be some difference. Either that or my optical nerve has a built in delay.

It's just that you see it dragging more, but the pratical effect is the same.

This game is great F-U-N. I was ready to give in and buy a 360 just to have something to play. Thanks to this and, hopefully, CoD WAW, I might not have to just yet (though Dead Space is veeery tempting)...

Yeah I might pick this up, I don;t want to have purchase another console, but COD4 and FarCry 2 are very tempting indeed!

Word of warning to anyone that wants to avoid spoilers, don't watch the long trailer for this on the Nintendo Channel, tis full of 'em. :shakehead

Too late

"METEOR???" lol

Wow, you must have a magical surround receiver then. :laughing:

Noooo, don't think so – a Sony DAVDZ260B (very budget but very good). I'm certainly no expert, but does PLII really has to be implemented in a game? I always thought it decodes any stereo signal into 5.1 "true" DPLII. I know this has been discussed earlier, so yada yada yada.... Anyway, out of all my games only NMH, Red Steel and this doesn't have the PLII logo on the box. And they certainly have a split sound coming out of all my speakers including the sub... I can't remember any complaints about NMH or RS lacking PLII either...

Anyway, the game is good no matter how you slice it. Buy it!

Noooo, don't think so – a Sony DAVDZ260B (very budget but very good). I'm certainly no expert, but does PLII really has to be implemented in a game? I always thought it decodes any stereo signal into 5.1 "true" DPLII. I know this has been discussed earlier, so yada yada yada.... Anyway, out of all my games only NMH, Red Steel and this doesn't have the PLII logo on the box. And they certainly have a split sound coming out of all my speakers including the sub... I can't remember any complaints about NMH or RS lacking PLII either...

Anyway, the game is good no matter how you slice it. Buy it!

Yeah DPL/DPLII has to be encoded in to the stereo signal, you'll still get audio out of all of your speakers from a standard stereo source (like Disaster, NMH, etc..) but it'll just be duplicates of the left and right channels and not true 5.1 surround sound.

You're right though, good game regardless.

Too late
"METEOR???" lol

Annoying ey?

They should really put a warning on those vids, I wonder just how many people got burnt by that one? :laughing:

Annoying ey?

They should really put a warning on those vids, I wonder just how many people got burnt by that one? :laughing:

I did :mad:.