NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Tadashi Nomura, Producer at Monolith Software, has confimed to Gamekyo during an Interview of Disaster : Day of Crisis for the Wii in Tokyo, that Monolith Software (Baten Kaitos Origins, Xenosaga) is working on a new RPG. No details for the moment.

HOLY MOTHER OF SBUXBQUCBQICXBAQCIVBCUICVAVQY!!!!

Best news I have heard today.

Now all Nintendo need to do is bring out Soma Bringer to the US >_>

Yeah, ditto! Thanks a lot panmusic! That's sure to tip the scales in favor of buying it for some of us n-europes (and reaffirmed my buy)!

It's my pleasure pals!:smile:

I think that this game is a must-have for all the hungry hardcore gamers!

After Monolith's Softaware recent interview I really want to see Disaster expanded into a franchise with more sequels to come.It's that good!

I think those impressions may have just tipped me in the direction of a day 1 purchase, just waiting on a few reviews to confirm now!

I have bought the game early(here in Greece is already available in certain stores) and my first impressions are definite positives.

Let's start my impressions.

The game is a very high production game.There is voice acting, even more cutscenes and a lot of different stages around different locations all rendered very well.The graphics are actually very good.In some stages you are in a whole town where you can see all the physical catastrophes.You see collapsing buildings,even scycrappers,tsunamies,earthquakes and volcano lava.All represented highly accurate and with good physics.I would say that the real protagonist of the game is the physical catastrophes.

The gameplay itself is a hybrid between action/adventure/rpg.

A typical stage is something like that.

-Wandering around,saving people(with actually very cool mini-games) and even solving puzzles.

-Combat.First person and also on rails but not as much as you imagine.There are a pre-set number on enemies you must eliminate and after that the camera is moving.What is actually very helpfull and innovative is the focus mode during combat.By holding down the C button you can zoom in the enemy and any shot during focus mode deals double damage.Of course the focus effect can last only 5 seconds before the focus bar being replenished.

Finally,at any time during combat,by holding Z button you can take cover.All in all,the combat is very satisfying and it reminds me a lot of Winback.

-Driving.During some events you must drive a car in order to escape.The camera shifts inside the car (think Project Gotham) and you drive the car by holding the wiimote horizontally just like Mario Kart or Excitetruck.

These events are VERY impressive graphically as you drive while all the scenery is transforming from the natural disasters.There are a few frame rate drops but nothing major or game breaking.

-Boss fights.This came to me as a big surprise.Every boss fight is not only very interesting but also very original.I cannot tell any more because some people don't want spoilers.But I assure you that the boss fights are excellent.

Finally I would like to make a few comments about Monolith software.They are heavily expertised in RPGs and this is apparent on this game.

The story contains much much depth,a lot of cut scenes and is told with an excellent way.Kudos to them!

Also they have implemented some RPG elements in the game.

You can upgrade your character's statistics such as Power,Firearm,Focus,Metabolism and strenght.By completing one stage you earn some SP points which you can use to level up.

You obtain also Bullet points which you use to upgrade your weapons and even buy new ones.Think something similar to RE4.

The weapons available are some handguns,assault riffles,shotguns,crossbows and even rocket launchers.The most funny 'weapon' is that you can also use some trash to shoot the enemies like stones,cans and even teddy bears!

The story is a typical action movie film with high production values but of course this is not in the MGS level.The story actually reminded me 'The Rock' a lot!

I have not finished the game yet as I am taking my time trying to upgrade my weapons and my character so if you intend to complete this game 100% you are for a long ride.

Luckilly the game itself has the option to replay every completed level as many time you wish in order to gain more points to customize.

The game supports 480p and widescreen.

I hope that I covered a lot about the game.

Don't hesitate and buy it.It's a solid 8.5-9/10 game and I would recomended to everyone .It's a shame if this game bombs while some others sell like crazy.

Feel free to ask me anything about the game.

:smile:

Poly oraies oi entyposeis soy file panmusic.Isoun poli katatopistikos.

An thes kane ena kopo na tis grapseis kai sto elliniko topic tou paixnidioou http://www.ninty.gr/forum/showthread.php?t=506&page=10 Yparxoun poloi ellines pou endiaferontai giaytto to game.Ego tha to paro diabazontas aytes tis entyposeis.

(hehe just something in greek to my greek friend)

Thanx for the impressions!I think this game will rock!

(Aenae I sent you a PM ! :smile: )

Today I finished the game.It took me around 12 hours in Normal mode but without maximizing all the stats.

The final boss fight is exceptional and reminds a certain little game that's called Metal Gear Solid.Actually you must see it in order to understand.Epic stuff!

Another good news is that while the story concluded with no holes,there is an unlockable ending video that hints to a sequel.Very good news indeed because the game deserves so much a sequel!!!

I would like to say that my girlfriend who doesn't like action videogames(the last and the only game that she adored and loved it was RE4) when she saw it,after the first 2 stages she grabbed from me the Wiimote and started playing.Finally she asked me to buy another copy for her!:heh:

My final word:Buy it!!!

This is awesome news. Also, longer than I expected.

BUT, will you tell us the worst things about the game :)

OK!No problem!

The worst things in my opinion are:

-When you rescue the citizens,after the rescue all the dialog appears in text.

With the amount of voice acting in this game it seems a strange choice to not record a few lines more in the rescue missions.It is very minor but for me at least reduces the immersion.

-The camera while very good will hit some spots that can't exactly follow your character.This happens very rare in the game but the problem is there.

-The platform elements are not perfect.In a stage,you can actually climb a track in order to continue the story but several minutes later when you see another same track the game does not let you to climb it.

Also,I found a little hard to jump with accuracy in certain stages of the game.

Well,these are the worst things I can think on the moment.But in my opinion are few and nothing major.This is the reason I gave this game 8.5-9/10.

It seems that they could not afford another 2-3 months of ironing these things and decided to release it.

You sold me the game, Panmusic.

I specially liked the description of the Battle system.

I'l keep low expectations, though, it always helps

OK!No problem!

The worst things in my opinion are:

-When you rescue the citizens,after the rescue all the dialog appears in text.

With the amount of voice acting in this game it seems a strange choice to not record a few lines more in the rescue missions.It is very minor but for me at least reduces the immersion.

-The camera while very good will hit some spots that can't exactly follow your character.This happens very rare in the game but the problem is there.

-The platform elements are not perfect.In a stage,you can actually climb a track in order to continue the story but several minutes later when you see another same track the game does not let you to climb it.

Also,I found a little hard to jump with accuracy in certain stages of the game.

Well,these are the worst things I can think on the moment.But in my opinion are few and nothing major.This is the reason I gave this game 8.5-9/10.

It seems that they could not afford another 2-3 months of ironing these things and decided to release it.

Excellent, can't wait :) I wish I was getting this friday now and not for xmas but I could say that about every game I want! I have to make some sacrifices!

Has anyone ordered this with amazon, if so have they mucked up the dispatch date, on my account it says it will not be dispatched until 15 of November.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to wait until payday to get this... poop! Ha ha

Panmusic, how would you describe the behaviour of the cursor in the shooting bits? Is it loose, laggy, tight, precise? Annoying or good?

Panmusic, how would you describe the behaviour of the cursor in the shooting bits? Is it loose, laggy, tight, precise? Annoying or good?

Certainly not annoying.

I found that the most precise cursor in a Wii videogame was in Trauma Center and certainly this time in Disaster the cursor is not so precise.

But I have played recently HotD2+3 for Wii and I think that the cursor behaves very similar to Disaster.

All in all,I never had a problem with the cursor in Disaster.

Yeah, Trauma Center is very precise and I'd say that the cursor in the Wii Menu, MP3 and SMG are equally as precise. In Zelda it's laggy.

My copy arrived today from GAME, played through the first couple of stages so far and have been really enjoying it.

The intro cut scene is incredible, totally edge of your seat stuff. :awesome:

The production values aren't quite up to the same standard during actual game play, but it's still very nice indeed. Only massive disappointment for me in the presentation department is the absence of a DPLII option, completely insane for a game like this not to feature surround sound. :blank:

Loving the old school arcade style giant size health pick-ups in this game, pretty damn funny seeing Ray drinking out of a can that's bigger than his head. :laughing:

Only massive disappointment for me in the presentation department is the absence of a DPLII option, completely insane for a game like this not to feature surround sound. :blank:

No surround at all- not even normal PL? Mental.

hey guys, I saw a view video's of the game with the kind of epic ingame sound. How does the music sound on a surround system even without the DPL2 option?

Don't tell me the lack of PLII is having some of you doubt their instant purchase.

Don't tell me the lack of PLII is having some of you doubt their instant purchase.

I believe sound is far more immersive than visuals, so for me, this is desperately disappointing. Hopefully, standard PL is included- it should be the base minimum for any game but honestly, this is exactly the type of game which should be testing a Pro Logic II system.

While a valid argument indeed, I don't think that should put one off of buying it. Moreso, it removes the firm ground we Wii gamers stand on when saying that there're not enough "hardcore" games around.

Just play the sucker with headphones, problem solved ;)

Just play the sucker with headphones, problem solved ;)

The best way to play.