NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Were you saying that in a Darth Vader voice? :)

Is there any other way to say it? :heh:

Haha, I was but I wasn't sure anyone would notice!

Are you kidding....?

Because every gameplay element found in this game can also be found in casual games like Wii Play and Excite Truck. It is obvious that they were making this game with casual players in mind.

If that were true, wouldn't they have called it . . . let's see . . . 'Wii Disaster'? :smile:

Are you kidding....?

What? I've never known darksnowman to kid around. Unless he's awake, that is.

I'm now quite hyped for this game. Amazing what a bunch of numbers in Famitsu can do. The sheer variety to it is appealing.

If that were true, wouldn't they have called it . . . let's see . . . 'Wii Disaster'? :smile:

What? I've never known darksnowman to kid around. Unless he's awake, that is.

I'm now quite hyped for this game. Amazing what a bunch of numbers in Famitsu can do. The sheer variety to it is appealing.

It would be something classy like "An Exercise in Potty Training: Wii Disaster." I kid you not. :wink:

Because every gameplay element found in this game can also be found in casual games like Wii Play and Excite Truck. It is obvious that they were making this game with casual players in mind.

But that makes all games casual if you say it like that.

Some 'Casual' games need you to press a button *Gasp* Most games need you to do that :laughing:

^ indeed, later nomura-enix games are essentially button mashers of "walk 30 seconds, enter the next room, horde of enemies ahoy! press X 30 seconds, clear the area and walk again", RE4, followed by a bunch of games had QTE's and well... was cinematic, and speaking of playable movies, where's MGS4 who had a 40 minute cutscene? that and less than a 10 hour playthrough games, hardcore? more like a retired hardcore who plays at weekends and still likes to thinks he's badass. (and "too good to play wii" is apparently a part of their stupidity syndrome must be an evolution of "I won't play any kiddy games" that doesn't apply now anymore because M$ has a banjo pilot remak... oh wait they want to call it banjo kazooie 3... and sony has little big planet)

Harcore is invoking a time games were hard, that time ain't now though, games are made with acessibility in mind and so even a retarded with only one finger can finish them, but when we have kojima, a guy who wanted to do movies and not games, and it shows, saying "I won't cease to do hardcore games!" we really have to think the world is somehow condemned and that the misconceptions won't ever go away. Oh well, I blame the ego of the humanity.

34 out of 40 from Famitsu, 8,8,9,9! Not bad at all. Averages 8.5 out of 10! Seems I might have been wrong about this one, it's the same score that Metroid Prime 3 got!

No one seems to have posted the newest video, its the game opening montage, and is much better quality video, then ive seen yet, i must say the cut scenes look immense, it has got to be one of my most wanted games of all the time, i love the music aswell.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40315.html

This is going to one hell of a game!

Watched a prologue trailer earlier that had gameplay footage in it. It does indeed look great. Really looking forward to it after watching that trailer. Shame the guy playing couldn't control the camera better, he completely forgot about it at many points.

Between this and Fable II, Fable wins every time.

Might get it for Christmas or something:blank:

Gamer impressions:

From the very beginning you are given to option to play the game in either Normal or Hard Mode. You'll acquire an Assault Rifle and a Shotgun after beating the first stage. Both weapons appear to have a bigger and wider pointer, so I guess the size of the weapon pointer is based on which weapon you are currently using. Also, you'll get a rank which is based on how much time you've used, how much damage you've taken, how many people you've helped/rescued and so on. And disregard what I said about "shaking" Wiimote to reload the weapon, seems like only Nunchuck works.

After saving the game, you are directed to this screen.

From top to bottom:

- Growth and strengthening

- Information

- Shooting Yard (?)

- Stage Select

- Save/Load

- Option

- Next Stage

The first option lets you improve/upgrade/strengthen/customize Ray's character growth and weapons. You'll need Survival Point (SP) in order to upgrade Ray, which can be gained by gathering "SP" items from breakable container/boxes, or by helping/rescuing people. Upgrading weapons require BP, which you'll gain by killing the STORM people during the shooting sequences. I am still unsure, but the amount of BP you gain might depend on how well you did with the shooting (amount of reloads, headshots and so on).

Here's some bad pictures I took:

SSL21109.jpg

SSL21111.jpg

SSL21114.jpg

Just to let you know, the handgun (infinite ammo) always seems to set on the ^ direction on the d-pad, and you can't remove it from the list.

The "Information" part shows things such as log, key items, name of people you've rescued, tutorial, a list of "achievements" (?), and something called "Staminas Campaign" which I am not quite sure what is supposed to do.

According to the description in the Tutorial part (with my horrible Japanese reading skills). "Shooting Yard" is an optional mode where you'll are given the chance to obtain special weapons after beating the mode. Unlocking the mode requires you to talk to a guy named Eric (he appears to be the only NPC who is unharmed), first time I found him was in the second stage. Talking to him in some of the later stages will unlock more stages for the Shooting Yard. And in order to play the different Shooting Yard stages, you'll need to pay a certain amount of BP. I haven't gotten the chance to try it out though, since I spent most of my BPs on upgrading my weapons.

The rest should be pretty obvious.

While roaming around, the camera is controlled with the the d-pad, while the C-button is used to focus the camera back to Ray's back. Works ok for me. Second stage starts with a car chase, where you have to hold the Wimote sideway (Nunchuck not used). After the car chase and a short cutscene, you'll be given full control of Ray. Along the way you'll see some collapsing buildings, and you might also notice survivors that need your help

The main action for this stage seems to be from the shooting parts, which I am starting to like due to more weapon options. Enemies also have their own "pointers", which will start blinking right before they are about to shoot at you. The shooting parts are on-rail, but Ray hardly moves too far away from the starting point. So you can always backtrack really quickly once you are done and given full control of him.

As for how long I spent on the first stage...add cutscenes and the tutorial stage, it clocked 57 minutes after completing the first stage. Please keep in mind that I was messing around alot while playing the first stage. As for the second stage, I spent 12 minutes beating it, but I probably missed out some people that I didn't rescue/help.

Note: Bad grammar.

Edit: Did I mention that I like the music? Now I did!

Edit 2: After taking another closer look at the tutorial, it seems like you are able to shoot off weapons from enemies.

Here we have a game that we know practically nothing about and this guy chooses to talk about controls in his hands on. I don't care about the controls, the button were you shoot, or change weapons, or what you have in the menu, unless its really relevant. Talk about the damn game!

Here we have a game that we know practically nothing about and this guy chooses to talk about controls in his hands on. I don't care about the controls, the button were you shoot, or change weapons, or what you have in the menu, unless its really relevant. Talk about the damn game!

Surely the controls are the most important part of any game?

This looks very average, which is a shame because I think the concept is awesome. For a game about natural disasters it seems very un-exciting.

I think it seems very exciting, some bits take away from the epicness like the over sized food and box punching but overall it looks great.

When's this getting released again? At the end of October right? Can't wait to see it released here :D

When's this getting released again? At the end of October right? Can't wait to see it released here :D
October the 24th, yes

Wow i just played this game at a friends house ( jap version )

when you play it its just great its everything i expected it would be , the best game for me i also like the arcade shooter part

gameplay is just awesome finally a game where they thought about the real gamers

when its out over here ill be the first in line

Surely the controls are the most important part of any game?

Not when you know nothing about the game.Thanks to IGN I now know the basic gist and some interesting details.