NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

I like cheese, cheese makes everything better. Especially when u suck melted cheese. Yeah...

Especially when u suck melted cheese.

Is that what they are calling it these days?

The second video feels like a trailer for a Hollywood action movie and has just as many spoilers in it as you'd get in one of those. Just gives you an idea of storyline and characters backgrounds.

Can't wait till next month now.

The second tariler has a greta feel to it. I'm eargerly anticipating some review scores now...

The second tariler has a greta feel to it. I'm eargerly anticipating some review scores now...

I doubt they'll be a high honestly. I'm psyched for the game, it looks fun and original, but I don't know if an arcade/QTE game will be well received specially being 1st party (always held in totally different standards) and with all the hype it got.

I doubt they'll be a high honestly. I'm psyched for the game, it looks fun and original, but I don't know if an arcade/QTE game will be well received specially being 1st party (always held in totally different standards) and with all the hype it got.

Don't mean to sound dumb, but what is a QTE?

Quick Time Event. If you've played Resi 4, I believe the bits where you need quick button presses to dodge boulders and stuff are QTEs.

Quick Time Event. If you've played Resi 4, I believe the bits where you need quick button presses to dodge boulders and stuff are QTEs.

Okay, I love that shit. Love the old games where that's ALL they were, love the bits on Res Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles and more recently Force Unleashed!! :)

It's the designation given to it by Shenmue though, it's the first game that had them, but I like to call them that in every game :P I have to say I'm a big fan too, but lots of games are implementing it right now very very badly.

It's the designation given to it by Shenmue though, it's the first game that had them, but I like to call them that in every game :P I have to say I'm a big fan too, but lots of games are implementing it right now very very badly.

Shenmue was the first game to have them??! I don't think so; there's been games designed soley around the concept, the original Dragons Lair for one and loads on the mega CD (cant remember any of their names though)

Shenmue was the first game to have them??! I don't think so; there's been games designed soley around the concept, the original Dragons Lair for one and loads on the mega CD (cant remember any of their names though)

Yeah the origins lie in Dragon's Lair, but that's a little different, the game was only "QTE" driven it was an interactive movie as were all of the other SEGA CD games. Shenmue introduced it in the midst of gameplay. Die Hard Arcade had something like Shenmue though (just learned that :P), so I bet that was the first testing ground.

Yeah the origins lie in Dragon's Lair, but that's a little different, the game was only "QTE" driven it was an interactive movie as were all of the other SEGA CD games. Shenmue introduced it in the midst of gameplay. Die Hard Arcade had something like Shenmue though (just learned that :P), so I bet that was the first testing ground.

I getcha!!!

Die Hard Trilogy was an amazing game :)

Thats pretty good for a casual game.

I really can't see too many casuals playing this.

Thats an impressive score- they're rating it above Metroid Prime 3, which is a standout title for Wii. Metroid earned 90/100 on both Game Rankings and over at Metacritic- so judging by my logic, Disaster should prove a great hardcore title.

We're not looking at a dud, guys. I'm hyped.

Thats pretty good for a Wii game.
fixed.

Unless we should say "that's pretty good for a casual game" for games like MGS4 (which, btw, I'd agree to some LARGE extent, being that cinematic and story driven is one of the oldest tricks in the book to engage the masses, I just disagree with double standards)

Not a bad score. I'll have to wait until I play it to judge whether I feel it's better than Metroid Prime 3 though. Not long now till it's released in Japan, where I'm sure it will probably do poorly but I'll remain restrained on that judgment fully until the weekends charts are out. I can only hope it does better in Europe. I know I'll be picking up a copy, although I probably shouldn't be spending money on games.

Because every gameplay element found in this game can also be found in casual games like Wii Play and Excite Truck. It is obvious that they were making this game with casual players in mind.

Because every gameplay element found in this game can also be found in casual games like Wii Play and Excite Truck. It is obvious that they were making this game with casual players in mind.

Ugh, this post makes my head hurt. So now, arcade-like games are casual games? They can have casual players in mind without being in casual games, that's good design. Excite Truck being the case in point, it's a seemingly shallow game, that can be picked up easily and played in short bursts, but it has some depth, can be mastered and is quite difficult. Wii Play is nothing like it. I hate it that every little thing is picked up to call a game casual. Not that such a thing, if it even exists, is bad, but the way people lump the together... We're talking about a game with emphasis on story, with some relatively good production values I suppose, with a variety of gameplay forms, that are not mini games, but rather quick time events and above all on this discussion, violence, terrorism and suffering. Appealing to the mainstream (the latter, not the gameplay)? Yes. Casual? No. Of course this goes a lot to what one considers casual, but the new casual being games like Wii Play, Wii Fit and Buzz, it seems wrong to throw in games like this and Excite Truck together in the same category,

Also, why should casual games get lower scores, why should they be judged and compared with "core" games. I see Nintendogs as a great example of this. Famitsu gave it a perfect score. Maybe an exageration, yes, but as far as what the game set out to do, it excelled, so why should it not get a high score?