NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

TBH, I think the type of fire they're using in Disaster works better with the art style and will probably look better in motion.

Come on.... that fire looks like the fire used in Zelda OoT... crosseyed.gif

Come on.... that fire looks like the fire used in Zelda OoT... crosseyed.gif

No, the fire un-animated in this looks as good as the animated fire in OoT.

I read it in german. It's more of an advertisement, but here are the interesting tidbits:

Ex-US-Marine Raymond Bryce will drive, swim, run and shoot through 23 sections, while they are being destroyed by volcanos, tsunamis, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes. Furthermore he'll have to fight a dubious terrorist organisation called SURGE.

Ray will have to find fresh air when his lungs are filled with smoke and he'll have to eat to regain his strength. The player will have to save citizens from various dangerous situations and even apply first-aid measures. He'll also have to defuse bombs and whatnot using the Wii-mote and nunchuck.

They also promise lots of unlockable content and a film-like story.

I read it in german. It's more of an advertisement, but here are the interesting tidbits:

Ex-US-Marine Raymond Bryce will drive, swim, run and shoot through 23 sections, while they are being destroyed by volcanos, tsunamis, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes. Furthermore he'll have to fight a dubious terrorist organisation called SURGE.

Ray will have to find fresh air when his lungs are filled with smoke and he'll have to eat to regain his strength. The player will have to save citizens from various dangerous situations and even apply first-aid measures. He'll also have to defuse bombs and whatnot using the Wii-mote and nunchuck.

They also promise lots of unlockable content and a film-like story.

Cheers!

That all sounds really promising!

Thanks for the screens and all! I know it doesn't look that good, but it looks good enough for me. I hope the gameplay will match the setting's level of sweetness.

Any Famitsu reviews yet?

Hmm unfortunately those screens don't really look too great...

BUT it could look very good in motion (resi4 looked average in screenshots if you recall..). Let's hope it gets a big advertising push because it could sell a bit with the right advertising.

Wow. I'm actually pretty excited about a first party Nintendo release now. :grin: Let's hope that rumored October release date is true!

Wow. I'm actually pretty excited about a first party Nintendo release now. :grin: Let's hope that rumored October release date is true!

Most sites are listing that as fact. Hopefully North America will get it for the holidays.

Will mean that they localized the game whilist they pushed it back due to... well, disasters. Nice to see that.

I reckon the game will be out in 2008 in Europe now, seems strange for them to show so much of it and have us wait till 2009..October/November seems about right to me too.

Unfortunatelly it looks like the actionscenes are on rail.

screenshot203718ax4.jpg

I want an action game, not a lightgun game!

But I must say that the artistic style looks great. Feels epic.

There's a cover system. Plus you also have to avoid smoke in those sections. I don't think those would work well in a lightgun section.

Sounds really awesome! It's a completely new theme for games (that I know of) and I've always wondered how I would react in crisis situation.

Well well, seems like it's really coming then huh? I'd get it day one (or week one). I've always been interesting in it. So far, it looks a bit muddy though. Makes me think of Ghost Squad or perhaps even Hybrid Heaven (N64) anyone remember that game? Highly promising but oh so gray and dull in the end. Im talking about it graphically, cus i never got the chance to play it.

My worst fear was that this game would be a mini-game like title: You get a cutscene, you run (shake wiimote+nunchuk), next cutscene (you save people: reanimate with wiimote+nunchuk), etc. etc. Hopefully it'll have a bit more meat around it. Gimme a 10hour experience and i'll be fine.

Let the marketing machine begin, Nintendo! We want to know and see more of this!

I don't care that this isn't amazing in the graphics department (though I'm not condemning it as terrible either :heh:) ..what I do care about is that I have been waiting for ages to see something substantial of this game and I am not disappointed as I think it looks pretty cool and I am really looking forward to this!

I feel this game has the potential to be awesome :smile:

Unfortunatelly it looks like the actionscenes are on rail.

I want an action game, not a lightgun game!

But I must say that the artistic style looks great. Feels epic.

What gives you that impression?

What gives you that impression?

1) It's in first person, yet you don't see your gun.

2) Like in most lightgun games, one of the guns has infinite ammo.

3) In several screens in a row, the character hasn't moved, even though the enemies have moved miles.

It's been confirmed as October 24th 2008 in Europe then, right?

Nintendo didn't lie when they said they will be releasing games pretty quickly from 'fully' announcing them!

I hope this doesn't mean we won't see Animal Crossing in 08, cause i know how Ninty work. America will get Animal Crossing and we get this probably...not saying thats a bad thing, cause Disaster looks good, it's just..they don't compare really..:)

They don't compare? :p

I'd so much rather have this it's difficult to express in words. I'm probably in the minority on these boards though - in that I hate Animal Crossing and think it's just inferior to any decent MMO as they give you social interaction and something fun to do (like slaying dragons).