NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

I am confident that Monolith is a very capable developer. Because we havent seen anything from them doesnt mean they arent working on stuff.

D:DOC was supposed to be released in July in Japan, but due to the earthquakes in Asia, it was apparently delayed. Hence we havent heard much about it since. Now that things have cooled down about, I bet it's time to put this game back on the schedule.

The Nintendo now, isnt what they used to be. They like to go the Apple-way: Announce things and release very soon afterwards. Let the marketing machine start after two week prior to release and continue long after it.

Having said that, I still doubt we'll see this game this year. Hope it's a well put together game.

As for Zoonami? Dont get me started on it. It's a small team and only one guy from the infamous Goldeneye-team. They've been around since the early Cube day and we still havent seen anything from them. So far, they've been getting more credit than its due.

Heck, I might even give Nibris more credit than Zoonami...

I am confident that Monolith is a very capable developer. Because we havent seen anything from them doesnt mean they arent working on stuff.
They are, but what I can't wait from them is the RPG's.

As for Zoonami? Dont get me started on it. It's a small team and only one guy from the infamous Goldeneye-team. They've been around since the early Cube day and we still havent seen anything from them. So far, they've been getting more credit than its due.

I'd much rather Nintendo splash some cash at Martin Hollis' door than those overrated monkeys working at Rare. Rare and Nintendo were magic, title after title with heart and character, humour and passion, lovingly created. Those days are long gone. Rare have had they're day, and now, at best they ship out mediocre product for Microsoft.

I'd much rather Nintendo splash some cash at Martin Hollis' door than those overrated monkeys working at Rare. Rare and Nintendo were magic, title after title with heart and character, humour and passion, lovingly created. Those days are long gone. Rare have had they're day, and now, at best they ship out mediocre product for Microsoft.
That and Mii clones in a Mii2 approach, and according to rumors, cloning controllers and Wii Sports... It's just sad, lol.

What they should do is use the fucking Nintendo Channel on the Wii and cram it with cool videos and video game trailers and video interviews and shit like that. That fucking channel is useless as is.

What they should do is use the fucking Nintendo Channel on the Wii and cram it with cool videos and video game trailers and video interviews and shit like that. That fucking channel is useless as is.

I think they should cut a deal with game trailers and have all the Nintendo related videos on the channel. Maybe they could set it up so you could subscribe to videos of certain games. And they need to have live coverage of all Nintendo events on it.

Looks like I'll be passing on this. Haven't really heard anything new about it that makes me put it above that massive pile of 360 games I need to buy.

Rare have had they're day, and now, at best they ship out mediocre product for Microsoft.

So yeah, have you played Viva Piñata? Or seen the impressions of Banjo Kazooie?

So yeah, have you played Viva Piñata?
Viva Pinata, yeah, I'll give them that.
Or seen the impressions of Banjo Kazooie?
Yes, and I'm not impressed in the slightest with it, quite the contrary.

Looks like I'll be passing on this. Haven't really heard anything new about it that makes me put it above that massive pile of 360 games I need to buy.

There's nothing known about the game to give a "pass" or "buy" judgement on it, honestly. Asides from the dev team and concept, it's a mistery.

Viva Piñata is a good game, although it's missing some polish, but it certainly is above mediocre (although honestly it doesn't grip me). Banjo seems to push a lot of wrong buttons, but it's still on my radar.

There's nothing known about the game to give a "pass" or "buy" judgement on it, honestly. Asides from the dev team and concept, it's a mistery.

Viva Piñata is a good game, although it's missing some polish, but it certainly is above mediocre (although honestly it doesn't grip me). Banjo seems to push a lot of wrong buttons, but it's still on my radar.

But I know enough when it comes to 4-5 360 games which are in my 'to buy' list. If this turns out to be great i'll buy it after I've got those, which'll mean having to set up my wii again.

Asides from the main char, the graphics are pretty bad yeah. I'm wondering if these are from an old build as there are old pics in the middle.

Not looking all that polished, no. Although the gameplay does seem to be pretty arcadey, which may actually be a good thing; what with many 3rd person shooters taking themselves far too seriously these says.

But if the physics are as advanced as they're touting them, I'm more than happy to overlook some murky backgrounds.

The graphics aren't brilliant, but the game reminds me of Ghost Squad and Metal Gear Solid (and the storyline elements are like a blend of 24 and the Day After Tomorrow).

Hopefully the game looks better in motion. Though, I'm more concerned about how the gameplay turn out. This could still turn out good.

I don't think the graphics look that bad, I'm sure that in movement it looks better, and the environments seem to be really big.

Here's the avalanche:

zscreenshot203723qu1.jpg

zscreenshot203755mn0.jpg

zscreenshot203743ls4.jpg

zscreenshot203748mg8.jpg

zscreenshot203729lc4.jpg

zscreenshot203762fb3.jpg

zscreenshot203756gl9.jpg

screenshot203690te9.jpg

screenshot203693jt4.jpg

screenshot203694er3.jpg

screenshot203689zp0.jpg

screenshot203722wb2.jpg

screenshot203691mk3.jpg

screenshot203713cq9.jpg

screenshot203712nz0.jpg

screenshot203719pg3.jpg

screenshot203754cy7.jpg

screenshot203761xg4.jpg

screenshot203701id8.jpg

screenshot203750cr4.jpg

screenshot203745sm7.jpg

screenshot203717lx3.jpg

screenshot203758as9.jpg

screenshot203736yt3.jpg

screenshot203760nm8.jpg

screenshot203707es4.jpg

screenshot203733ml8.jpg

screenshot203732io9.jpg

screenshot203735uj6.jpg

screenshot203703gl7.jpg

screenshot203753if1.jpg

screenshot203721md1.jpg

screenshot203716zx2.jpg

screenshot203725ud4.jpg

screenshot203741uc3.jpg

screenshot203704pf1.jpg

screenshot203709mb0.jpg

screenshot203708ia6.jpg

screenshot203734yy8.jpg

screenshot203697ie5.jpg

screenshot203724ro0.jpg

screenshot203718ax4.jpg

screenshot203746ii5.jpg

screenshot203738ey3.jpg

screenshot203759he1.jpg

screenshot203742rf7.jpg

TBH, I think the type of fire they're using in Disaster works better with the art style and will probably look better in motion.

DO WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god, this game looks awesome

Info

- You can set where the radio messages and the gun sound fx comes out from. The screen shows the Radio messages output set to the Wiimote, and the Gun sound fx output set to the Wiimote as well.

- There are items in the game, and you have an inventory. They look like the normal restorative items for health and whatnot.

- The game is stage based and you get a ranking for how well you did at the end of each stage.

- You earn BP from combat and SP from rescueing people (and probably completing various QTE events successfully). BP is used to buy new weapons and upgrade the weapons, while SP is used to improve the character stats.

- You start with 3 basic weapons available - Rifle 1, Handgun 1 and Assault Rifle 1. Each of these are the start of a weapons tree, kinda like a skill tree in RPGs (lol Monolithsoft). You buy more weapons with BP via this tree.

- For weapons you already have, there are 5 areas you can upgrade them in - Power, ammo capacity, reload speed, etc. Upgrading will also cost BP.

- There are no screens for character stats upgrades, so I dunno what you can spend SP on.