NEurope
Sarka

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (Wii)

Perfect stress release game

Thats what I'm thinking. There are times you just want to smash stuff, but being sane and civilised you realise that you can't.

punch bags/soft furniture used to be the outlet, but this will be nice too, being able to smash stuff up at will, and know that no one will complain :)

hopefully it will be nicely split up so its pick up and play friendly.

a nice bit of fishing afterwards to help calm down too :)

A game where you smash everything up with a hammer....more mature? Yeah... Some peoples conceptions of more mature are wildly different to mine :)

PS I know what you meant really ;)

PPS Yeah it looks a bit shallow, but I'm sure with the remote it'll be a lot fun. And with Nintendo doing its got to be awesome!!! A hammer version of Blastcorps will do me just fine - I loved the N64 version (please be on VC). I hope you can smash buildings down! In fact, I want EVERYTHING to be destructable

It's appealing to me, and i can't wait to hear some more details about this game.

There is a very high chance I will get this. Theres enough games at launch to keep me busy for ages! I cant wait.

Can't say I was overly impressed with this although the short presentation didn't give much away , so I shall reserve judgement.

Saying that , I echo the above sentiments regarding possible similarities to Blast Corps , my opinion would change to a must-buy then.

Yet more hands-on to try to read through , all this information is getting impossible to stay on top off , although I suppose thats not a bad thing.

the video-footage looks cool too! action-adventure? you sure get bionic-upgradesand slashier hammers:bowdown:

I think this game is in very early stages (5minutes) and will come not @ launch.

Looks pretty cool. Mindless action games are fun! I doubt it will stand up to God of War and the likes though.

This will go well as a game to just take 5 with, in contrast to Crystal Chronicles and Prime.

Well i've watched more videos and i'm about to read some more hands-on.

It actually doesn't look too bad. When they showed a bit of it in the conference i wasn't impressed at all, but the more time you spend looking at it the more in appeals.

I really do hope it doesn't get repetitive though, but for now i take back what i said earlier.

This reminds me of Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu.... meaningless beat 'em up that's actually great for chilling out/stress relief.

This gamne needs expaning, it better have some storyline, not just a cheesy crappy beat-everything-up

i think it could turn out to be good game. sure its just wining about a hammer, but i hink it could be funny watching someone go flying. it reminds me of that spank the money game.

looks fine and I hope this level up thing works great.

But this can't turn a boring game...

I like it. I've never played anything of this kind but i think it might turn out to be a good one. It wold be nice if we could swing the megaton hammer like that in Twilight Princess.

Relatively new picture

project-hammer-20060920055921512.jpg

They've changed the HUD, to the better imo. I'm pretty insterested in the game, looks like something you could have actual fun with.

It seems like it will use the Wiimote to good effect, but the gameplay to me seems like it will be very boring and generic... Hitting stuff with a hammer... Do we have any trailers of this yet?

It seems like it will use the Wiimote to good effect, but the gameplay to me seems like it will be very boring and generic... Hitting stuff with a hammer... Do we have any trailers of this yet?

No real trailer. The pic I posted is the latest update since the pictures posted previously in this thread.

We'll probably get some updates on this soon.

Bad news?

Insiders close to development studio NST allege to IGN that the software company's Wii action title, tentatively titled Project H.A.M.M.E.R., has been terminated by publisher Nintendo. Sources further claim that the team formerly working on the title is now underway with one or more efforts that fall into the "expanded audience" lineup of games.

We placed calls to Nintendo of America for an official confirmation or denial, but the subsidiary did not get back to us in time for publish.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was debuted at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2006 in interactive form. The game starred players as a powerful half man and half machine fighter who, armed with a giant hammer, could obliterate any robot enemies in his path. Gamers gestured downward with the Wii remote in a simulated hammer smash to wield the weapon.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was last seen at E3 2006. The game's release date remains listed on Nintendo's official press site as "TBA," or to be announced.

Our sources were unable to provide a reason for the alleged termination. However, IGN Wii has heard separately that Nintendo is actively re-working some traditional games so that they are more accessible by casual players. If it is truly canned, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. may have become a casualty of Wii's newfound success in the mainstream market.

Readers are reminded that this rumor is currently unsubstantiated by official Nintendo sources. We'll keep you posted with any updates they become available.

Not sure if I believe it, hammer was one of the games nintendo was touting as a new IP and it was supposed to cater to a more "hardcore" (ugh) audience. Besides it was already playable and didn't look that bad.

We'll see.

Hope not, looked like some mindless fun. If they're not going to release it, could they just sell what they've done over the virtual console for a budget price?

To me it looks more like a great way for Nintendo to create some hype around the game. It truly positions it in that 'hardcore' market and makes it out to be the next great game for the Wii. It could be true but if you know what I'm saying it more looks like a media stunt pre-E3 to get some hype around what was shaping up a forgotten game.

I just think the sources and the article are written in a way to make it simply give the game more hype. 1 month ago Nintendo put this on a 2007 release date list, so I'm taking this as a "Lets build hype for this games 2007 release" more then a preperation to cancel the game.

Kudos to Nintendo, we'll all be talking about this for quite some time before they annouce the final release date :P.

I can't believe that Project H.A.M.M.E.R. got scrapped before Mario Party.

Eventually, they'll can Zelda and give prioraty to shitty minigames.