NEurope
Sarka

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (Wii)

I wouldn't be surprised if the code completed for Hammer up this point, was directly converted to the successor official Zelda game in the series. Contemporary setting, shares virtually the same mechanics (i.e. swing motion for hammer, same as sword etc)...

I hope you are totally, utterly wrong.

Except Wii doesn't have L + R.

On Wii L = Z and R = B.

I never understood the hype for this hammer game. Always looked completely void to me. Something I'd expect to see as a 3rd rate playstation game, not a Nintendo new IP. I still remember Reggie's words... "Isn't it fun just to bash things?" Yeah, right...

I hope you are totally, utterly wrong.

I so strongly second that!

Goodbye, H.A.M.M.E.R... We hardly knew thee...

Actually, we didn't know you at all. :wink:

Japanese magazine Famitsu has been told that Project H.A.M.M.E.R. has been cancelled.

Japanese magazine Famitsu has been told that Project H.A.M.M.E.R. has been cancelled.

We know. We've been talking about it for the last page.

I don't see why people are upset over a game that was shite as a tech demo.

i don't know whereas disaster has potential. i'd be upset if that got cancelled.

To me it always looked like a mash'em up, with simple controls.

It was never going to be earth shattering, but just looked a fun, albiet shallow, knee trembler.

Sad to be honest. Nintendo do need to branch out from their current crop... just sometimes.. once?

We'll probably see it in the future. Maybe not exacly how it was: HAMMER training anyone?

We'll probably see it in the future. Maybe not exacly how it was: HAMMER training anyone?

7 Exciting DIY minigames.

And the official status on the game is more "in stasys" that "canned". Even though it's probably canned :P

i think it will become a balance board game. the physical nature of it suits standing up and leaning mechanics. Plus expect it to be set a futuristic hyrule. the next zelda confirmed

i think it will become a balance board game. the physical nature of it suits standing up and leaning mechanics. Plus expect it to be set a futuristic hyrule. the next zelda confirmed

Yea...

Shup'

Bring it on, hammer may cry, to slam Capcom on what they should be doing.

For a game that looks quite waggle heavy I doubt that the game's combat will have enough depth to make it comparable to Devil May Cry.

And why should Capcom be doing anything for the Wii if no one buys their single innovative title for the console: Zack and Wiki. They don't owe Nintendo or you anything.

Glad to hear this one's back on track (assuming this is true).

For a game that looks quite waggle heavy I doubt that the game's combat will have enough depth to make it comparable to Devil May Cry.

And why should Capcom be doing anything for the Wii if no one buys their single innovative title for the console: Zack and Wiki. They don't owe Nintendo or you anything.

I was joking regarding hammer may cry.

Still Zack and Wiki not selling, well, it did sell, just not through the roof and is in line with their projections... And, it wouldn't sell in any other console you know? saying that it would sell on X360/PS3 is pretty bullocks, even looking at how childish/cartoonish games, first/second party ones, do there.

Saying that Zack and Wiki not selling is due to Wii's fault is very erm... wrong, lacks reality to it; the reality that it is a niche title that would be hard to sell anywhere.

They should invest more, they should be delivering what they are delivering on other platforms, and that is kick ass mature games. Zack and wiki is neat and all that... but it is also niche and not a indicative of the sales they could be having with other titles, for that look at RE4 and bare in mind that it is a 2.5 year old port (by the time it was released) and their sales projections were 420k units or so. Thankfully Capcom should know too though, as they always expected Zack and Wiki to not sell that hot. (still, clearly, it's forum posters that should be telling them the game flopped under their unknown projections when they actually stated it didn't, they must know more than them!)

Devil may cry inovative? hah, it's a established franchise you know and one whose focus is "I'm so cool it hurts", release it on Wii or any other console on market and you'll sell 1 million overnight compared to how zack and wiki will struggle for 100k. Why? because DMC is more appealing to the masses either in visuals either in gameplay than Zack and Wiki. (puzzles? a lot of people dislike thinking for example, just as they dislike the graphics) It's what people call a killer app; Zack and Wiki is not.