NEurope
Sarka

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (Wii)

At least Disaster is still coming along fine

Ha! You're having a laugh right? :shakehead See it at E3 anywhere?

Ha! You're having a laugh right? :shakehead See it at E3 anywhere?

Yeah, last year :P.

But Nintendo weren't going to show it anyway, it's cited to be probably the next big release after Mario KArt and Smash Bros, so it's a long way off Nintendo revealing some new media.

Both of those articles are from before the aquisition so circumstances could have changed. Also the first article says that its scheduled to come out this year. We should have seen something if it was gonna be released.

EDIT: Haha! Just read Cooky's post in the other thread. Ok so GONintendo think its "coming along". I'm still dubious though.

This is one of those raven blade things isn't it? I mean people made that game out to be the best game ever AFTER it was canned....Project hammer never really looked great.

I've never been overly excited about this anyway. Looked incredibly two-dimensional (gameplay wise!)

I've never been overly excited about this anyway. Looked incredibly two-dimensional (gameplay wise!)

check smash bros forum, news this game is coming along "great".

check smash bros forum, news this game is coming along "great".

No they said Disaster was coming along great. HAMMER has been shelved.

Also the first article says that its scheduled to come out this year.

This fiscal year, which ends next years march. This is one thing that most people have misunderstood.

No they said Disaster was coming along great. HAMMER has been shelved.

oops, I meant to put that in the day of disaster thread.

According to gamefront.de Famitsu states in its latest issue that Project Hammer will not be released in Japan anymore.

But this implies that it is still somewhat under development. Well let's wait and see.

I wasn't really interested in this game, it looked too shallow to me. But I am interested in Disaster and I hope that won't get cancelled/shelved as well.

I thought this looked really boring anyway and a really gimmicky use of the Wiimote. Disaster looks like it could be awesome though, hope they show us more if it soon.

I thought this looked really boring anyway and a really gimmicky use of the Wiimote. Disaster looks like it could be awesome though, hope they show us more if it soon.

Agreed. QTEs, Over-the-shoulder RE4-style shooting, driving, natural disasters, terrorists and (very likely, considering the developers) a half-decent story tying everything together. What more do you want from a Nintendo 2nd party?

I didn't care about Hammer much.Did look gimmicky and the game would get boring quickly.Though I am interested in Disaster.

Agreed. QTEs, Over-the-shoulder RE4-style shooting, driving, natural disasters, terrorists and (very likely, considering the developers) a half-decent story tying everything together. What more do you want from a Nintendo 2nd party?

It's probably really obvious, but what's QTE?

It's probably really obvious, but what's QTE?

QTE = Quick-Time Event. For example were you have to press L+R really quickly in Resident Evil 4.

QTE = Quick-Time Event. For example were you have to press L+R really quickly in Resident Evil 4.

Except Wii doesn't have L + R.

I also didn't like the look of Project Hammer, it just seemed extremely dull. Though they could have worked on it....

Disaster is the game i want! Obviously out next year and probably amazing now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the code completed for Hammer up this point, was directly converted to the successor official Zelda game in the series. Contemporary setting, shares virtually the same mechanics (i.e. swing motion for hammer, same as sword etc)...