NEurope
Sarka

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (Wii)

Yep, maybe. I had an idea shit like this may happen. It's great they want to appeal to every one, but I always feared it may hurt gamers like us as well.

i dont really mind. we never really heard or seen anything about it. i dont know how ambitious it might have been. oh well

Guys, it's not been cancelled.

Can I ask, when was the last time IGN posted an artical entirely based on rumour?

This is a media hype gathering stunt in order to give this game some attention before it's release date is annouced. You can thank me once these rumours are well and truely quashed.

If the game is cancelled it's pretty obvious why. Look at the premise, you walked around swinging a big hammer at things. Perhaps it could've been expanded but at its core it was shallow as hell and completely gesture based, no revolutionary 1:1 movement or anything. NST doesn't exactly have the best track record as of yet either, so I'm honestly not shocked in the last if Nintendo felt the project wasn't quite satisfactory.

If the game is cancelled it's pretty obvious why. Look at the premise, you walked around swinging a big hammer at things. Perhaps it could've been expanded but at its core it was shallow as hell and completely gesture based, no revolutionary 1:1 movement or anything. NST doesn't exactly have the best track record as of yet either, so I'm honestly not shocked in the last if Nintendo felt the project wasn't quite satisfactory.

Kind of like you walk around swingin your chain in God of War or your katana in Ninja Gaiden.

Mainstream always has poor connotations :(

I wish the world would think the way I do and bring it back, or we'll be losing Day of Disaster too.

Disaster: Day Of Crisis and Project Hammer didn't look all that much different.

Perhaps they merged elements of the two games together?

Kind of like you walk around swingin your chain in God of War or your katana in Ninja Gaiden.

Except not because those games have complex combo systems and far more interesting plots and initial concepts. Those games weren't built around a gimmick alone, Project Hammer was pretty obviously built around the idea of swinging a hammer about with your hand, not some awesome deep system with infinite gameplay potential.

Except not because those games have complex combo systems and far more interesting plots and initial concepts. Those games weren't built around a gimmick alone, Project Hammer was pretty obviously built around the idea of swinging a hammer about with your hand, not some awesome deep system with infinite gameplay potential.

And you know how HAMMER plot will/would be? And the combo system? And why the hell is using the remote a gimmick? Buttons are better? You can do more than with buttons and it's more fun (at least to me). Stop talking about what you don't know.

Not sure if I believe it, hammer was one of the games nintendo was touting as a new IP and it was supposed to cater to a more "hardcore" (ugh) audience. Besides it was already playable and didn't look that bad.

We'll see.

It's looked like a game aimed at the new audience to me, as a type of "introduction" to "real" games.

I have to admit, I thought it looked absolutely awful from the E3 vids... no biggie in my eyes!

Meh, can't be too sorry for it if it's true. NST should focus on 1080 Wii or something like that.

I thougth it looked a bit pants tbh, a robot with a hammer? eh? What were they thinking?

It wasn't a robot, so they obviously weren't thinking that. :p

It looked kind of crap anyway. I mean i admit elemtnts such as multiplayer would have made it fun and add a few rpg elements but it looked like nothing much than a wii equivalant of a button masher... What do we call it a motion masher?

It looked kind of crap anyway. I mean i admit elemtnts such as multiplayer would have made it fun and add a few rpg elements but it looked like nothing much than a wii equivalant of a button masher... What do we call it a motion masher?

It looked like a Wii equivalant of God of War, in my opinion.

It's a great loss if the line up loses this game. Criticise it all you want but the First Party line up was lacking anything like this, and to see it cancelled in order for the 'expanded' audience would be a right kick in the balls.

I don't believe this rumour for one second but am worried that if it turns out to be true Nintendo might be forgetting about people like me. They can cancel it if they feel it wasn't good enough or whatever, but for the love of God don't then put these resources in charge of making something for the 'expanded audience'.

It looked like a Wii equivalant of God of War, in my opinion.

Man you have a way of talking out your arse. All the hands on impressions said that it was pretty shallow. God of War is an amazing, AAA game. You can't say a demo looked like the equivalent to one of the best games of last generation.

A game's quality and entertainment value isn't determined by its complexity. If it was then we'd all be ditching our consoles and be playing the deepest of PC RTS's, RPG's, flight and racing simulators.

So, speaking in general, a game can be shallow or have simple controls and still be good. :)

Man you have a way of talking out your arse. All the hands on impressions said that it was pretty shallow. God of War is an amazing, AAA game. You can't say a demo looked like the equivalent to one of the best games of last generation.

It's over a year since these hands on impressions. Games can easily be changed and reworked and the criticism the game received originally can be used constructively to make a better product.

I'm saying the gameplay, concept and style looked like God of War. When Nintendo make a game you expect a certain level of quality, and when you combine this with a concept that mimics one of last generations best games you can't help but draw comparisons.

I saw a video on a press site of one of the bosses for the game, and it presented alot more tactics and thought to me then the E3 video showed. I don't actually get where that video went, but it looked alot more deep then you all seem to think.

I can't find any links to it now, it feels like I dreamt it lol. Perhaps someone can help me out, does anyone remember a video for this game with a boss which was like in this force-field semi sphere of fire?

The game looked shit, but if the reason is true then that is very worrying - I love the expanded audience games, but I also love huge involving games too. Nintendo always said it was the 'and' company - it better not be getting yen signs in its eyes and going for the big sales.

Plus, it had an awful name. The fact that H.A.M.M.E.R obvioulsy stood for somthing stupid whilst making the word 'hammer' just stank of a crap idea.

A lot of people said Excite Truck looked rubbish (and a few also said it has an awful name), but that turned out to be all right. :)

It's easy to say a game looks good/bad from what we see previewed, but until we've played it we don't actually know.

Ultimately, if this game has been cancelled then, unlike Excite Truck, it'll never have the chance to prove itself and we'll never know whether it was any good or not. :sad:

In an exclusive AMN interview with Nintendo's Beth Llewelyn, senior director of public relations, we asked several questions regarding the validity of Project H.A.M.M.E.R.'s apparent cancelation due to numerous reports on the web. Below is our transcription from the actual interview, which will be going up later today:

AMN: Why are games like Disaster and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. not being shown?

Beth Llewelyn: We shifted development resources. However, Disaster: Day of Crisis is still in development and coming along nicely.

AMN: So is Project H.A.M.M.E.R. canceled?

Llewelyn: Development resources have been shifted for the time being, but it may come back. But right now, it's not a focus of ours.

AMN: So it's not currently in development? Is it on pause?

Llewelyn: Uh... probably... yeah. Again, we shifted our focus. Some games have shifted development resources.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. is an exclusive NST-developed action game for the Wii, which pits players as a half-human half-cyborg with a giant industrial hammer for an arm. The game was announced during Nintendo's E3 2006 press conference at the Kodak Theater, and was able for hands-on demonstrations on the show floor last year.

In an exclusive AMN interview with Nintendo's Beth Llewelyn, senior director of public relations, we asked several questions regarding the validity of Project H.A.M.M.E.R.'s apparent cancelation due to numerous reports on the web. Below is our transcription from the actual interview, which will be going up later today:

AMN: Why are games like Disaster and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. not being shown?

Beth Llewelyn: We shifted development resources. However, Disaster: Day of Crisis is still in development and coming along nicely.

AMN: So is Project H.A.M.M.E.R. canceled?

Llewelyn: Development resources have been shifted for the time being, but it may come back. But right now, it's not a focus of ours.

AMN: So it's not currently in development? Is it on pause?

Llewelyn: Uh... probably... yeah. Again, we shifted our focus. Some games have shifted development resources.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. is an exclusive NST-developed action game for the Wii, which pits players as a half-human half-cyborg with a giant industrial hammer for an arm. The game was announced during Nintendo's E3 2006 press conference at the Kodak Theater, and was able for hands-on demonstrations on the show floor last year.

Gutted, if the new NST game is some mini-game piece of garbage I won't be happy.

At least Disaster is still coming along fine, I think Project H.A.M.M.E.R will be released eventually but it just doesn't suit Nintendo at the moment.

*Is very eager to see Nintendo's second wave of games*