NEurope
Mokong

Nintendo Conference Disscussion

After last nights 800+ posts in the PS3 disscussion in the 2hour Sony Conference (that must beat the Red Steel record) i thought it best to make a seperate thread for the Nintendo Confernce so the Wii Hardware thread is only about hardware disscussion.

If you want to talk about the Nintendo conference (what you think will happen, any comments during the show, any views/impressions after the show) here is the place to do it.

Remember show starts at 5:30pm UK/Ireland time

Don't know where to watch? Here's a suggestion http://www.gamespot.com/pages/special_events/live.php?event=e32006

or

http://www.gametrailers.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll go first, after last night i hope Nintendo come out guns a blazing, and can't wait to hear what kind of comments Reggie will come up with to counter Sony. Aside from "secrets" being revealed here's a few things i think might show up at the Nintendo show.

Games (Video Trailers or people playing on stage)

1st Party

Super Mario 128

Twilight Princess (i have a funny feeling we actually might see it Wii only and even further improved graphics and still be out for the Wii launch)

Super Smash Bros. Wii

Donkey Kong Wii

Metriod Prime 3 (i think this could be the game the winner of that compo plays on stage)

Wario Ware Wii

Mario Sports games (Tennis, Baseball, Golf)

Pokemon (in some form, maybe a Wii spin-off or even Diamond and Pearl for DS being revealed)

And a number of new franchises

3rd Party:

Red Steel

Madden NFL Wii

Tony Hawks

FF:CC

Sadness

Raid over the River DS

Dragon Quest

Dragonball Z

I have a feeling most of the above will prolly have there own slot with a member of the perspective developer on stage taking about it.

Plus many more (and new games)

Good idea about the thread just respell conference :wink:

I want to see Nintendo come out and be unphased by Sonys controller. Mario and Smash Bros have to be shown and these 2 games alone will have me hyped up.

The DS will be a main player showing Zelda and maybe even another Mario game, but the star of the DS show will no doubt be Pokemon.

3rd party wise I want to see something from Capcom and NiGHTS. Im telling you if NiGHTS is there on the Wii I may very well cry.

im wating for

sega's titles (hopefully a new ip in there somewhere)

capcoms title(s) (even if they just show video footage ill be happy)

konami : i want them to just at least pledge full support this time and i want

to see that luna rpg those stands look sweet.

most of all i want to see new ip, big surprises and big name games hitting wii.

I want to see a full gaming demonstration of what the Wii controller can do. I cant wait to see Nintendos conferance this evening.

Oh yeah I also look forward to hearing about the VC aspect of the console. Hopefully they will give us a release date and price tonight aswell.

Seriously hyped for todays event.

As others have stated , seeing the Wiimote in full use is now a must (especially after last night) , further expansion of the Wi-Fi possibilities , and of course brand new examples of all our favourite franchises.

Hope to also see this big secret (is it the controller speaker or not) , and the brand new IP that has been bandied about , and one last thing confirmation of a realistic/affordable launch price and a date of around September time would be nice too.

Good idea about the thread just respell conference :wink:

ack, sorry...still tired, little sleep last night, and just home from a french exam in college (didn't go too well :p)

I saw you mentioned Capcom and i suddenly got a feeling we'll see something from them today, prolly not an RE game, but i'm sure we''l see RE on the Wii before friday is over... i hope

I can't wait. Thay've got a lot to talk about, and have always known how to hold a genuinly intresting confrence. I'll be away from my computer though, so I can't catch it live. Still just have to get it after.

Why does time have to go so slow come on 5:30.... I want to see more about Twilight Princess the most aswell as the mystery secret which will change gaming, dun dun duuuuunnnn

Reggie ownz...FACT!

He is nothing like the Sony guys who last night were full of "umm"s and "errrr"s

Sorry for the double post I just seen this on gamefaqs. You all think that your excited to be a Nintendo fan then check out this kid.

Reggie ownz...FACT!

He is nothing like the Sony guys who last night were full of "umm"s and "errrr"s

Sorry for the double post I just seen this on gamefaqs. You all think that your excited to be a Nintendo fan then check out this kid.

OMG, now that is some crazy Nintendo love:bowdown:

Worm up!

Its great to hear Reggies voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNn8...gie%20Nintendo

Ah thats great, Reggie has become almost as important to Nintendo's future as Miyamoto is. The guy must be blown away by how much the fans love him

"Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

For the times they are a-changin'."

Man Im so hyped BRING IT SONY...JUST BRING IT!

Reggie: "Dont worry people, I'm not gonna call Sony gimmicky and we arent gonna copy one of their ideas. Because they have none." "Tilt sensor? Oh yeah I played that Kirby game on GBA a few years back". Reggie had better crush them and hard!

really looking forward to this, bring on the digs at sony! I dont think ill be posting here much durring the conferance as i was duirng the sony one, this needs my full attention, unless its as boring as the sony one =/

I'm home and ready..

Hurry up, 17:30!

Welcome back. I have been sitting here since 10 this morning just checking various forums and stuff. Man im knackered.

http://www.xgaming.com/newsletter/may06a.shtml

An interesting read if anyone has the time. Its all rumours and speculation but interesting none the less.

thats actually a pretty good read. I didnt understand half of it! the interface sound sounds pretty weird but cool, and that shell things looks HUGE!!

LOL AT THAT CHILD!!!!!!! :D

man hes more mature than some of us :P

2 Hours 15 minutes until Gaming history, I NEED to watch this COnfrence, I want to hear what Regi has to say about Sony if he does say Something, and I want to see soem names taken and soem asses kicked with the Controller and the wii in general.

If they're not goin to kick ass, im goin to cry :(

Been looking forward to this conference for about 2 months now, and with the "new" controller Sony showed us last night... they really gotta bring out the big guns! Nintendo FTW

PS: I really, really hope that they have some kind of 3D fighter like Soul Calibur or Tekken.