NEurope
elitemario

OMG Sony did it

You only hate them cause their popular :P

Better start saving bitch, the price for popularity is 599€ and games 60-70€. With these prices I'm very happy to go outside and play with sticks and stones.

Back in September, when Nintendo revealed the FHC, people were already predicting this. Wow Sony, what an original idea you came up with.

The triggers, the button in the middle, tilt sensor - Wii + 360 inspired Sony design. I knew that would happen and like usual Sony did a lousy job. Their controller can only tilt probably there is only gyrometer in it. No swinging, pointing, etc.

Sad fact is it's going to be a good controller.

360's is nice and comfortable and the small part of Wii's idea they used is innovative.

Other then that, i'm actually really annoyed at them at the moment.

Keep in mind that you can't do much more with the tilt sensor than with a normal joystick.

Keep in mind that you can't do much more with the tilt sensor than with a normal joystick.

True, but i think it's just they way they have put a motion sensor in a controller after Nintendo unveiled something better but along the lines!

It's basically having no-idea, so copying others.

Yeah i know but even so im still a little pissed off... Sony play dirty... and i hope Nintendo have some big Wii surprises for us today... ones that Sony cant copy because its too late for the stealing arseholes!

Yeah, I know. I would like to kick some Sony ass as well. Now all we can do is wait and see how Nintendo strikes back.

You guys should check out the PS3 board on here. You can see all of our hate filled reactions from all of us who watched it live. The fact that smug little git Ken was smiling through the whole thing as if he had come up with the idea himself!

The dualeshock3 looks like the better controller overall at least I can play real games with it before i opt for the gimmicky side of things, well done sony!

If you've read ANYTHING about the Wii, you'll realise that there's a shell coming for the Wii, making it work like a regular controller, only it has a REAL motion sensor. Tilt sensors like those on the PS3 were available for PSOne, and it FLOPED. I think a Swedish mag proclaimed it the crappiest peripheral of the year!

What games can utilise the tilt sensor? Not sportsgames like on the Revo (Baseball, tennis, golf and similar will be WAY better than on PS3), nor FPS's (try using that piece of shit to aim). OK, you can apparenly use it for flight games. CONGRATULATIONS!!! There's ONE genre you can use it for. Great going, FONY!

That guy looked like an idiot when he was playing warhawk. My anger has settled it will not even match the FHC one bit. I think they've made a bad move going with the duel shock again.

Nintendo should sue for this make a big statement that sony are a bunch of unimagative gits and also if they win it will help sink the compitition

lol if nintendo stole sony's idears like that i whould hate them to.

Sony have ideas?!?!?

Sony have ideas?!?!?

What? are you stupid... of course they do... there idea is to steal ideas... Nintendos ideas to be specific

Nintendo fanboys need to stfu, seriously. I do NOT feel sorry for Nintendo at all. This is a business, Sony and Nintendo are both companies who only care about money, and don't really care about our happiness at all. Nintendo would eat Sony and Microsoft up if they could, and you all damn well know it. So don't give me any of this ethics crap.

I'll still buy a Wii, but all consoles will have this sorta technology in the future, get over it.

This simple turn of phrase from the BBC themselves makes it easier:

"Sony is following in the footsteps of Nintendo."

I wan't that on a T-shirt.

I think the main difference here Mikey is that, yes Nintendo are a business but at least they're trying new things and putting money into testing out new ideas. Sony on the other hand people little into new ideas (Simply graphical power) and then use other people's ideas.

I side with Ninty on this because I want Nintendo as a business and games company to survive because without them next gen gaming would be pretty but boring.

If anyone is gonna tell me how cool Sony is again, I'm gonna call him the biggest idiot ever.

The controller has motion sensing, and they fucking act like they invented it, ha!

What a bunch of suckers lol. Luckely they were barely able to copy something that matches the brilliant Wii controller thanks to the proper patents, but still, Sony once again proves how lame they really are.

And for the record, did anyone notice how none of the in game trailers look anything better then Xbox 360 this time around? That's what you get if you're not showing pre-rendered bullshit like last year.

One thing you won't find in this new controller is force feedback. The rumble feature was said to interfere with the motion sensing devices. Sony's Phil Harrison even went so far as to tell us that "rumble was last generation, movement is this generation."

Strange, last time I remember you suckers just lost a lawsuit against immersion... but ok, rumble is oldskool now huh?

Crash and burn sony, crash and burn

I think the main difference here Mikey is that, yes Nintendo are a business but at least they're trying new things and putting money into testing out new ideas. Sony on the other hand people little into new ideas (Simply graphical power) and then use other people's ideas.

I side with Ninty on this because I want Nintendo as a business and games company to survive because without them next gen gaming would be pretty but boring.

I side with Nintendo too. I'm glad Nintendo are still around to innovate, the gaming industry needs Nintendo. But the way the fan boys are reacting to this is laughable to me. Yep, it's a blatant rip off, but they're only doing what they think is best for business.

By the way, Nintendo didn't invent analog sticks. There was a really old console in the 80's that had used them first. Sony were the first to use 2 analog sticks on one pad too. Guess who copied that idea? Yep, Nintendo.

Strange, last time I remember you suckers just lost a lawsuit against immersion... but ok, rumble is oldskool now huh?

Crash and burn sony, crash and burn

Ha i almost forgot about them losing that lawsuit against immersion... that must have lost then some serious money... but it was there own fault.

I side with Nintendo too. I'm glad Nintendo are still around to innovate, the gaming industry needs Nintendo. But the way the fan boys are reacting to this is laughable to me. Yep, it's a blatant rip off, but they're only doing what they think is best for business.

By the way, Nintendo didn't invent analog sticks. There was a really old console in the 80's that had used them first. Sony were the first to use 2 analog sticks on one pad too. Guess who copied that idea? Yep, Nintendo.

Actually Nintendo did us anologue sticks first. And you gotta face it, it's but much calling the Wiimote a "Gimmick" and then shoehorning the same idea half-assed into a dualshock. Two analogue sticks isn't exactly the greatest innovation ever either - the probably only did it to make the original PS1 pad look symmetrical.