NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jordan

It would appear nothing is sacred.

So their "innovative" controller has stolen half the Wiimotes functions.

Thoughts?

Yeah, Sony can go fuck themselves. I closed the video stream down when I saw the guy controlling the plane with the Duel Shock 3.

Dirty, no good bastards.

that flying game was crap. no way was it designed for the controller. it was a complete last minute panic decision and probably news to a lot of studios

all i saw that conference, were stolen ideas, not a single thing was origional, either stolen from microsoft or nintendo. However, xbox live will be the best online system out of the 2, because microsoft has already invested millions into it. The FHC will be better because nintendo developed it bcasue the wanted too, not because they wanted to steal it.

they are selling something for $500 that does alot of things half arsed and a load of unorigional games. yes, people will buy it, and it will sell in millions, but im still going to buy wii, and thats all that matters to me

As much as I feel sick after seeing this turn of events I have to say it can only help nintendo. A while back there was speculation that the revo would be the base dev platform due to love cost and being the lowest common hardware set. The big problem was the controller and sony fixed that right up for nintendo.

Mark my words.

The Wii WILL become the base development platform for this generation for multi-platform games.

PLAYSTATION THWii!!

Honestly, if they use the name Playstation ThWii I'll buy 10 and give them away to starving ethiopians who can pawn them off on eBay at inflated prices and use that money to save their villages.

Playstation ThWii, the console of saints.... i can see it all now.

Kirby tilt n' tumble ftw :)

I can't actually beleive that they say it's a fantastic innovation. Shameless bastards.

I made a post about this on another forum.. Let's see, I'll just copy+paste as I don't see any reason to type all the same over again.

Oh, predictable bad move by Sony, how I hate thee.

This controller? Bullshit. Let's see. It has motion detection. Again, it's dual shock, with motion detection. BUT WAIT! It's without dual shock!

So, hang on. This is a regular controller, with motion detection, which (I don't know much on it right now, but just assuming) won't be the deepest of motion detections as.. well, it's still a regular controller. So here we get a regular controller, with no rumble pack, and a lame gimmick (yeah, I know, they copied Nintendo, but when they do it in a lame way like that it's a gimmick).

Well, in any case, I kinda saw this coming. They don't even have rumble now. Seriously. THEY. DONT. HAVE. RUMBLE. What the hell has gotten into them. Thank god I wasn't getting a PS3 anyway.. At least at $599.. *scoffs*

By the way, just to clarify, I'm not fussed they copied Nintendo right now. They would have to at some point anyway. Now it's like they're acknowledging that this is the direction in which gaming is going.. And in any case, Nintendo is still miles ahead, and 360 will just be more and more lagging behind.

I know that post was a ramble but it was pretty much my thoughts at the time. I did not watch the conference and I posted that at 6am before I left for school, so.. Excuse any misinformation. This was bound to happen sooner or later. When has Sony not copied Nintendo? If they hadn't, they wouldn't even be in the business.

I'm gonna watch the conference soon probably. And laugh at them.. If I can find it.

EDIT: Oh, and yeah, what Din said. The only thing that pisses me off is that they claim the idea to be theirs. Copying isn't good, but it's passable. Claiming you DIDN'T copy, is not.

I'm very annoyed at Sony; but the fact remains I'm still gonna buy a PS3 anyway. However, the controller has nothing to do with it.

The wii-mote has motion sensors as its core, and it is the primary funtion of the console with games being developed around the idea of movement. The PS3 version is just simply an afterthought, and more than likely, will only be gimmcky things like adjusting your afterouch in burnout......

Fucking sony, fucking bastards, all the fanboys go on saying our controller is shite, now they're bumming sony's because it's sony.

FUCKING SONY

"We're certainly not interested in gimmicks". That's what Sony's CEO says. Right there. In the beginning.

I claim "bullshit".

I jsut noticed something else, reading all the info on ign:

People can pick up for "The PlayStation Card" at retailers

So it's nintendo's sensors

And Microsoft's card

We've been talking about 'beaming' games to the DS since TGS, Sony obviously took that too.

Yep. Nintendo need to make sure they release before sony otherwise people think nintendo are scamming sony. Oh dear how would we get the message in those thick heads of theirs, the people who dont listen, the people that think theyre right all the time.

I can't actually beleive that they say it's a fantastic innovation. Shameless bastards.

Stealing the idea - albeit nowhere near of Nintendo's motion sensing quality - is expected, but calling it an "innovation". Dirtiest business guys yet! It IS an innovation, but not Sony's!

I'm just laughing my head off.

I shut the video stream and went to sleep at 2am because I had been bored after an hour of watching pretty graphics and no new ideas. I missed the interesting bit!

Shameless b*****ds. They brand Nintendo as gimmicky then they go ahead and reveal they ripped off the Wiimote, even claiming they invented it first!

I would be very interested to know what the reaction was. Surely all the journalists in that room weren't as stupid as Sony seemed to think they were.

At least Sony's copy was half-arsed and nowhere near as good.

I'm going to be very interested in hearing what Reggie has to say. XDD

I think a few of you are going a bit overboard on the stealing issue. It's more the timing than anything that pisses me off.

"We're not interested in gimmicks..."

Singstar?

Buzz?

Using your PSP as a rear view mirror in a PS3 F1 game?

Stealing Nintendo's idea and turning it into a cheap gimmick?

Yeah, you're not interested in gimmicks.

Regardless, it won't have the impact the Wii controller will and if anything it just shows Sony as the shameless idiots they are.

The Wii controller was designed from the ground-up for the system, so every game could use it, the controller is designed so such control is comfy and suitable. Due to the shape of the PS3 controller it won't be suitable for a lot of games - FPS/Strategy games for example will work on Wii because its like a pointer, due to the dual shock 3's shape you won't be able to use it as a pointer. I think we'll see it used as a tacked on gimmick in racing games/flight games and very little else personally.

Nintendo no doubt expected this - Miyamoto went so far as to say it would be corporate pride that would stop the competition from including wii features...

Is Miyamoto-san suggesting Sony have little to no corporate pride?

Sign in to follow this