NEurope
Charlie

Final Fantasy XIII

2:02 Final announcement! For PS3! E3 is so damn exciting sometimes. What is it?!

FINAL FANTASY XIII. FINAL FANTASY XIII. They pulled a serious bait-and-switch on us. Sword-and-gun-wielding heroine who looks like Yuna, flipping her way around a high-tech, futuristic world. No idea what it was until the end when that NAME popped up. Yoshinori Kitase directing! This is the guy behind all the best ones--VI, VIII, VIII, X. Be still my heart.

2:08 Sorry, I jumped the gun--Mr. Kitase was merely presenting. Motomu Toriyama will direct the game. And apparently FFXIII isn't the only game coming out of this universe--there's a, uh, mobile game too. Oh.

------

From GameSpot...

Oh dear, that interface looks dreadful. Style over substance it looks like. I feared Square would be forced to take this route by Sony. If they are taking that route by choice then this game deserves to flop.

IT SCREAMS FINAL FANTASY 7.

the style, the atmosphere of some of the screens.. sure it's a little more modern than what the majority of Final Fantasy offered outside of Midgar.. but if previous screens from Final Fantasy games are anything to go on I'd say these are taken from the first hour or two of the game.

Final Fantasy 8 screens came- and they were just 30 minutes in at a local town, 9 were all based around Vivi in the opening titles and a little with Zidane..

I am rambling but this has both my eye brows raised. It could be a PS3 seller.

IT SCREAMS FINAL FANTASY 7.

the style, the atmosphere of some of the screens.. sure it's a little more modern than what the majority of Final Fantasy offered outside of Midgar.. but if previous screens from Final Fantasy games are anything to go on I'd say these are taken from the first hour or two of the game.

Final Fantasy 8 screens came- and they were just 30 minutes in at a local town, 9 were all based around Vivi in the opening titles and a little with Zidane..

I am rambling but this has both my eye brows raised. It could be a PS3 seller.

I agree it does very FF7 in terms of style. This will sell a few PS3 in Japan, when is it scheduled for a release? Did S-E say?

lol them and their japanesesque drawings, characters tend to look japanese with a eurocentricism. Light hair and eyes, but with low nose bridge and oriental cheekbone. And japanese style narrow hip/thighs as well if it's a female character. A bit of everything :yay:

I don't like that there is heavy use of guns.. and I don't like that it is a female.

In many ways Cloud was a whingey little girl- definitely more so when stood next to Tifa. Who wears purple parachute pants?

I think if the characters maintain the depth that the X, X-2 and XI lacks and the others (12 included I'm sure) then this will be a killer.

The battle system could make the game refreshing and change the pace of the game entirely.. it's a new gender for the lead role and the scale of things just suggests this world is going to be huge and varied- much like 7 and 9.

I am excited about this.

New news.

Final Fantasy XIII will not have online functions

Each episode will have different and independent characters, the stories also takes place in different times in history

The only things in common for the 3 titles are Chocobos, Moggles, magic and myths around the Crystals

The Legend of the Crystals is the central theme of the 3 games

The latin word "Versus" in Final Fantasy Versus XIII means the change of a direction

The latin word "Agito" in Final Fantasy XIII Agito means stimulus or moving violently, this game will have action elements implemented in the system

New Infomation on FFXIII.

Tetsu Tsukamoto who has previously worked on FFX-2 is taking care of weapons design.

The scenario is complete at 80%.

Vehicles will be in the game and the team is considering to use the motion detection functions of the PS3 pad.

The two yellow strips on the girl's left shoulder express a rank and a social status.

There will be usual exploration of cities and conversations with non playing characters.

The woman in the trailer is probably not the main character however the developers want to give a prominent role in the game to a strong, independent woman.

New Infomation on FFXIII.

Vehicles will be in the game and the team is considering to use the motion detection functions of the PS3 pad.

And they better have an option to turn it off.

What do they mean by episodes?

I'm really looking forward to this but really this and MGS4 are the only games that intrest on the PS3. Its a bit lame from Sony that they have to rely on 3rd party developers

What do they mean by episodes?

The Final Fantasy XIII has three main games which are episodes that are set in the same universe.

Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII (The series name)

• Final Fantasy XIII (Ps3)
  • Final Fantasy Agito XIII (Mobile)
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII (an action game for the PlayStation 3 made by the Kingdom Hearts team)

Ah cool,

So we only need to bother about XIII then :heh:

Toriyama and Versus producer Shinji Hashimoto defended the decision to release FFXIII on the PS3. According to Hashimoto, the development staff determined that one DVD would not be enough for the type of visual expression they were attempting to make. Toriyama noted that, regarding visual expression, the PS3's shader abilities are a big factor.

source.

Toriyama and Versus producer Shinji Hashimoto defended the decision to release FFXIII on the PS3. According to Hashimoto, the development staff determined that one DVD would not be enough for the type of visual expression they were attempting to make. Toriyama noted that, regarding visual expression, the PS3's shader abilities are a big factor.

source.

Or that they are once again going to fill the game up with even more FMVs :heh:

We'll see if this whoring will produce good results. I'm waiting for XII, but it seems great, I'm afraid they'll turn XII into a fmv fest because of blu ray and pretty pictures

We'll see if this whoring will produce good results. I'm waiting for XII, but it seems great, I'm afraid they'll turn XII into a fmv fest because of blu ray and pretty pictures

Dude, your Roman numerals are a bit screwed, its XIII (sorry to be a smart arse).

Tbh, i didn't really enjoy the fighting style of FF12, so that is the only thing that is sort of holding me back from wanting to love this, FF10's turn-based fights were perfect.

Heres a description of the trailer shown at Jump Festa.

This time, the trailer features a new song.

The train scene from the E3 2006 and CLOUD DVD is extended.

The scene with the Blonde man on the motorcycle is extended to show him summoning Shiva.

The Pig tailed girl from the TGS trailer in September appears in this trailer. She's described as not looking human and uses a harp. From their trailer report, FF&KH Blog believe she summons Carbuncle (the GF from FFVIII).

After the Final Fantasy XIII logo appears, an "Only for Playstation 3" message is displayed.

FF XIII looks good what is difference between FF-XIII and FF XIII versus?

And i like to moan and i have probably missed some one saying this because i never read all the thread . But nothing will ever top Final Fantasy 7 and its awesome story.

Same world, same timeline but different story and characters. It's like the Ivalice and Suikoden games.

Well just an update. After years of showing the same CG trailer by SE.

FFXIII is also coming to 360 (outside of Japan/Asia, its not exclusive to PS3...).

No gameplay footage ready yet let alone anything new. Development has pretty much just begun.... Which means a long wait.

SE apparently are talking 2010 for the game...(only one FF this generation) Given that its multiplatform it better be good. I hope they still take advantage of the PS3 but certainly they wont be able to do anything too exciting anymore. Hopefully they dont do a DMC4 and use extra disks where necessary.

Versus is a prequel to FF13 and also has a different battle system. They are making multiply FF13 games to give it a more scope for the story. History is good you see.