NEurope
Charlie

Final Fantasy XIII

It still sounds like it's crap from the info, with pretty graphics over it.

Come on Square, I used to remember when I was super hyped up for the mainline games, now...I am more looking forward to a spinoff (And no not FFVersusXIII, I am talking about games here, not movies)

Yeah but what other traditional JRPG are so good this gen? Plenty of opportunity for others no one delivered.

Sub genres and alternative RPG are good though.

Yeah but what other traditional JRPG are so good this gen? Plenty of opportunity for others no one delivered.

Sub genres and alternative RPG are good though.

All depends on personal opinion. Lost Odyssey was pretty damn awesome imo but not much else has really hit me as 'brilliant' this gen yet.

I'm not really sure why, I'm just not very hyped for this either, even though I want to be...it's just not doing it. Then again I haven't been excited for a final fantasy since X and I didn't think too highly of XII so that could be why :/

All depends on personal opinion. Lost Odyssey was pretty damn awesome imo but not much else has really hit me as 'brilliant' this gen yet.

I'm not really sure why, I'm just not very hyped for this either, even though I want to be...it's just not doing it. Then again I haven't been excited for a final fantasy since X and I didn't think too highly of XII so that could be why :/

I want to be hyped for it and im sure ill wind up buying it, but the story is already too convoluted for my liking and i havent even played it yet. The battle system is starting to sound like a mess too....

Yeah but what other traditional JRPG are so good this gen?

You'll get your answer on the 11th next month when japan shuts itself down.

The battle system is starting to sound like a mess too....

I have been told that you only control one character through the entire battle while the other characters are controlled by the computer. So yeah, this is not something I am looking forward to if I get the game.

New scan:

256401122113lo.th.jpg256482122484lo.th.jpg

256513122582lo.th.jpg25655412289lo.th.jpg

256666122843lo.th.jpg256585122139lo.th.jpg

256666122843loy.th.jpg2566971221064lo.th.jpg256818122514lo.th.jpg

Info:

-The silver-haired boy is called Hope Estheim

-Uses a boomerang

-Hope hates Snow for getting his mother involved in the battle

-New Monster, "Cie Corpse (Husk?)"

-The eventual fate of a l'Cie

-Vanille's weapon is a fishing rod

-Lightning's great skill, "Air Blast"

-A l'Cie becomes a Cie Corpse when there's an unclear objective and they exceed their time limit, or something like that.

About the fishing rod:

I don't know if it's exactly a fishing rod or it's just the most accurate description, but apparently she attacks with a needle attached to a wire, so it's at least the easiest thing to describe it with.

I think the concept is that the fal'Cie mark normal humans as l'Cie, and give those people a task. The task given isn't clear and simple to figure out, but the l'Cie have a time limit, so if they just give up they'll eventually become one of the monster things. Don't really know if you become a monster whether you finish your task or not, but the way they talk about being a l'Cie so negatively, either the objectives given are so hard to understand no one (or almost no one) manages to actually complete them, or you're doomed whether you manage to do it or not.

Edited by Dante

TBH the screens are boring me now. I want to see some in game action, read some views on the gameplay, or just play the damn thing already.

Final Fantasy XIII Release Announcement Within a Few Weeks!

Final Fantasy XIII is currently marked with a general winter 2009 release time frame. It's held that same release period for many months now. But things are about to become a bit more specific shortly.

IT Media reports today that a release date announcement for FFXIII could be coming shortly. According to the site, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada was asked during an earnings briefing today to share the release month for the game. "We'll make an announcement in a few weeks," said Wada.

Wada also said "development is progressing smoothly," and suggested that the game could be on display at the Tokyo Game Show, which runs from September 24 through September 27. Square Enix has yet to share its lineup for the event.

Outside of Final Fantasy XIII, Wada spoke at length about Dragon Quest IX, touching upon sales, negative online reviews, and overseas releases. See this story for more on that.

TBH the screens are boring me now. I want to see some in game action, read some views on the gameplay, or just play the damn thing already.

What is known so far:

Gameplay:

The concept for Final Fantasy XIII's battle system is to maintain the strategic nature of command-based battles. The system stemmed from a desire to create battles similar to those found in Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

Like those in Final Fantasy XII, enemies are integrated into the world environment. Yet unlike Final Fantasy XII battles do not take place in the same "dimension", but rather a short flash transports players to a new battle screen, separate from the main playing world.

rks differently from its predecessors. Users will be able to chain large numbers of commands together in order to achieve attack bonuses.

The Final Fantasy XIII battle system.

The first battle system was shown during the E3 2006, but it was only a prototype. A new interface was shown recently by Square Enix in various Japanese magazines and trailers (depicted in the image adjacent). In battle, the player can only control one character at a time out of a party of up to three.

Multiple commands can be stacked into slots per turn and released at the same time to form a combo. The number of command slots increases as the characters grow in strength.

These commands include series staples such as Attack, Fire, Blizzard and Cure, as well as new ones such as Launch, which sends the enemy up in the air and allows the character to perform mid-air combos on the opponent and spells such as Ruin, Ruinaga, and Radical Strike. The difference between XIII's battle system and the ATB gauge is that these commands can still be placed in the slots even though the bar has run out, and the actions will be executed once the required slots are filled up. This, however, affects the chain combo hits as the combo has been interrupted. The game does not make use of MP but introduces "cost points" for each command, which determine how many times the commands can be used per turn.

A "break state" is one of the new features of Final Fantasy XIII battle system. The breaks refer to the times an enemy enters a state of non-retaliation. This occurs when a chain combo has been maintained for a certain period of time on an enemy. When a high level combo has been achieved, the enemy will glow red and enter this state, during which the player will be able to inflict high amounts of damage. The chain bar will gradually deplete during this period; when it becomes empty, the break state ends.

Magic, including summoning, is restricted to characters that belong to the group called l'Cie (pronounced /ˌləˈsiː/). Magic is not readily available in the beginning of a game, but it is bestowed upon the characters after a certain event. Because magic cannot be used outside of battle, the HP of the party is completely restored after each battle.

The classic summoned creatures called Eidolons (as they were in Final Fantasy IV DS and Final Fantasy IX) will return in Final Fantasy XIII. Shiva, Carbuncle, Ifrit, Siren, and Odin appeared in shown footage.

Producer Yoshinori Kitase has confirmed that Bahamut will also appear in the game. When summoned, the Eidolon stay in battle while the characters accompanying the summoner leaves the party.

There is also a new feature called "Gestalt Mode", which when activated joins the summoned and its summoner somehow; for example, the character Snow can ride and steer the combined Shiva Nix and Shiva Styria in a "Driving Mode". This changes the pace of the combat significantly. But not all summons turn into mechanical vehicles, Odin's Gestalt Mode changes him into a horse for Lightning to ride.

Each character will posses only one Eidolon that is summoned from a crystal that sprouts from the character's mark of l'Cie.

It has been recently revealed that the summons will play a major role in the game's storyline as well, much like Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy X.

Characters will be able to use special skills other than ones gained while working with summons.

The player is able to view the HP and name of the enemy before engaging it in battle. When engaging an enemy, the camera moves to another position and the battle menu appears, making the battle transitions nearly seamless.

The after-battle victory screen in XIII holds information such as the time it took to finish the battle, the highest number of combos executed, the number of break attacks and the quality of battle which is determined by a ranking of one to five stars.

Plot

The plot focuses on the fal'Cie (pronounced /ˈfæl si:/), beings created from the crystals residing inside them.

The people marked by the fal'Cie for a greater purpose are named the l'Cie but being a l'Cie has a price; for should they die before fulfilling their Focus, they will turn into monsters called "Cie Corpses".

Some thirteen centuries ago, a fal'Cie constructed a paradise for humanity: The shell-like city of Cocoon floating high above the surface of the world now known as Pulse, both maintained by their own fal'Cie.

Cocoon's fal'Cie created life forms and machines for its inhabitants to use, and humanity flourished. Over time, the people of Cocoon began to fear for the safety of their world, and were worried that it would be cast down from the sky into the hell that they see Pulse to be.

In present day, the wilderness of Pulse has strange effects on people, and the theocratic Cocoon Sanctum quarantines and exiles anyone who has been influenced by Pulse from the city with the help of its mighty army, PSICOM.However, as Snow leads Team Nora in a vain attempt to stop the purging, the mysterious Lightning fights her way past PSICOM soldiers to find Pulse's fal'Cie with the aid of Sazh. But by a chain of events, these three along with two of the Purgees, Vanille and Hope, are chosen by the fal'Cie of Pulse against their will to become l'Cie among others, and with that become enemies of humanity that would bring about the downfall of Cocoon.

Characters

The full cast of Final Fantasy XIII is yet unknown. The following characters have been shown in trailers and screenshots of the game, along with other released information.

Main characters

Lightning (ライトニング Raitoningu?)

A former soldier of the Cocoon military, she sought the fal'Cie of Pulse only to be made l'Cie much to her dismay. Lightning has long strawberry-blonde hair and is 170 cm tall (5'7"). For her design, character designer Tetsuya Nomura was asked to create a "female version of Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII". During development, he described her as "not very feminine".

Lightning wields a combination of a gun and a sword and can also manipulate gravity with a device on her thumb.

In battle, she is agile and uses acrobatic moves. She can also summon the Eidolon Odin to fight by her side in battle. Her Japanese voice actress is Maaya Sakamoto.

Snow Villiers (スノウ・ヴィリアース Sunō Viriāsu?)

Prior to becoming a l'Cie, Snow is the head of Team Nora, a resistance group against Cocoon. After becoming a l'Cie, Snow gains the power to summon the Eidolon Shiva sisters Nix (二クス Nikusu?) and Styria (スティリア Sutiria?) who can combine into a motorcycle form for Snow to ride while toting a large gun. He is a big character and is capable of running while carrying two people.

He was nicknamed "Mr. 33 cm" by the staff of Final Fantasy XIII as a nod to his shoe size. In the October 2008 issue of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, it is revealed that he uses a power that is related to the tattoo on his left forearm.

He uses his fists to take down opponents, and can Summon the Eidolon Shiva. Compared to the fast and agile Lightning, Snow focuses more on power and strength. In the Japanese version of the game, he is voiced by Daisuke Ono.

Oerba Dia Vanille (ヲルバ・ダイア・ヴァニラ Oruba Daia Vanira?)

Vanille is a young girl with red-brown hair worn in pigtails who lives in Pulse.

Her weapon is a kind of foldable fishing rod with multiple lines that can be reeled. In a trailer, she is seen captured by the Cocoon army and walking in a funeral procession.

In the demo and trailers, she is the character narrating many of the events. She is first seen with the rebel leader Snow as he hands her a gun to defend those being forced to leave Cocoon, then seen with Hope, watching as the rebels lose the battle against the soldiers. As a l'Cie, she can summon the Eidolon Carbuncle. In the Japanese version, she is voiced by Yukari Fukui.

Sazh Katzroy (サッズ・カッツロイ Sazzu Kattsuroi?)

Sazh is a man with an afro who Lightning knows from her time serving in the military. Sazh wields dual pistols, and his strong point is striking enemies from a distance. His pet, a baby chocobo, lives in his afro. He is described as having good judgment and moral discernment. He has a gentle personality and is easily moved to tears, and joins the party early in the game. His voice-actor in the Japanese version is Masashi Ebara.

Hope Estheim (ホープ・エストハイム Hōpu Esutohaimu?)

Hope is a young boy traveling with the party. The boy has silvery-blonde hair and is clad in orange, yellow, and green. He uses boomerangs in battle. He is seen arguing with Snow about helping the l'Cie.

He is also first seen in the game demo wearing same Purge attire as Vanille as his mother offers to aid Snow fighting in off PSICOM. She died as a result and Hope hates Snow for it in spite of him honoring his mother's final request to protect the boy. He is voiced by Yūki Kaji in the Japanese version and by Vincent Martella in the English version.

Other characters

In the Jump Festa 2009 and the official global trailer, three more characters who are part of Snow's resistance group called NORA are seen in the hijack of the captives' train and act the role of heroes. One is a man with orange hair and dark olive skin called Gadot (ガドー Gadō?). He uses a machine-gun in battle, providing quick assistance when it comes to executing combos. The second is a black-haired woman with a butterfly tattoo on her shoulder and a sense of invinciblity named Lebreau (レブロ Reburo?) who uses a shotgun in combat and acts as team healer. Gadot and Lebreau are said to be childhood friends of Snow.

The third is a young blond-haired worrisome man wearing goggles and a bright pink outfit named Maqui (マーキー Mākī?).

They were designed by Nao Ikeda, based on sports, and are inspired by NBA, beach volleyball, and snowboarding fashions, respectively.

The four known members of NORA are featured in the Final Fantasy XIII demo, although Maqui does not participate in battles.

In a trailer at the DKΣ3173 event in Tokyo in 2008 and E3 2009, two antagonistic characters were featured: a high-ranking female commander with knee-length blond hair and glasses who interrogates the captive Vanille in the trailer, and an intimidating man wearing his hair up in a ponytail, who leads the Cocoon army.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

GameTrailers - Final Fantasy fans have a lot to look forward come the warmer weather in 2010. In a gathering at GamesCom, Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase stated that the North American and European versions of FFXIII would arrive simultaneously in spring 2010 where as the Japanese version will see store shelves winter 2010.

More good news comes via Kitase’s recent interview with 1UP where he estimated that the North America Xbox 360 version was 70% done and the Japanese PS3 version was 90% done. Why is this good news? Well, with the game that close to completion the odds of a delay look slim. That’s one more awesome game due for the first half of 2010, when wallets everywhere will be taking major losses to their HPs.

Ign - Famitsu Infomation:

We already played Final Fantasy XIII's Tokyo Game Show demo at the Final Fantasy XIII Premiere Party event earlier this month. But you weren't expecting Square Enix to be totally quiet about the game as Japan's biggest gaming event approached, were you? Sure enough, Famitsu came through today with a massive update on the game.

The big focus of the Famitsu story is Serah Farron. Serah is Lightning's younger sister and Snow's fiancee. It appears that Serah and Lightning lost their parents in their youth, and the two now live together.

FFXIII lead character designer Tetsuya Nomura offered a few comments to the magazine about his design decisions for both Serah and another recent character announcement, Hope.

On Serah, he said that much of the character details are still a secret, and thus he can't share too much about how her design came to be. However, he was able to say that one of the reasons Serah's hair is wavy is that he wanted her silhouette to match up with that of Lightning (the two characters do have similar hair).

On Hope, Nomura revealed that director Motomu Toriyama had something to do with the character ending up being blond. Back when nothing had yet to be set for the character, Toriyama suggested making the game's main character blond. Lightning ended up being pink blond. They decided to give Hope blond hair because they thought that, among the party members, the color would fit him best.

Toriyama and producer Yoshinori Kitase shared some additional background details on Serah in particular. Serah, revealed Toriyama was the first Pulse l'Cie in Cocoon. After she became a l'Cie, a variety of occurrences or incidents started taking place. He wouldn't get into specifics.

The trailer that was shown at the Premiere Party event suggested that Serah is on good terms not just with Lightning and Snow, but with Vanille as well. They actually meet for the first time during the game, Toriyama told Famitsu However, they get along well because their ages are similar.

Toriyama also shard some background on the trailer's opening. The trailer opened with a romantic scene of Snow and Serah against what appeared to be a fireworks ceremony. This ceremony is actually the largest event in Serah's town. She resides in a resort town that's visited by many tourists. Snow and the Nora crew live there too. When they're not fighting against the government, they manage a beach house.

While giving our first in-depth look at Serah, the trailer also provided our first brief glimpse at a new character -- a black-haired girl who appeared at the end of the trailer. Asked if this character would be important, Toriyama would only say that details would be announced in the future. However, he suggested that there are hints about the character in the information revealed during the Premiere party.

The two did manage to touch a bit upon the gameplay side of things. Did you think Vanille's fishing rod-like weapon was odd? Then wait until you see Snow's weapon. Apparently, that long coat Snow is always seen wearing is his weapon. The coat has a slot for special patches which can be swapped out to give it special powers. In terms of the game's storyline, the coat is something that was made by Nora using technology from the government.

One area of the Premiere Party (and TGS) demos that struck us as odd was the missing launch command from the battle menu. In the original Advent Children demo, you were able to select a launch command to launch your foes into the sky. Toriyama explained that this move has been made to occur automatically in order to make the game more user-friendly.

This isn't strictly gameplay-related, but we have a feeling people are going to spend a good amount of time on it. There's a bit more to Sazh's afro than just a giant mass of hair. The afro actually shakes as the character walks. Additionally, Kitase revealed that the game's engine has wind parameters that effect the environment. When the wind blows, the trees will shake, and so too will Sazh's fro.

It looks like Square Enix still has plenty left to share on Final Fantasy XIII even after the recent announcement of a December 17 Japanese release date. We, of course, have no complaints!

716o.jpg

1UP -

Serah Farron, first revealed at Gamescom a little while ago, is the latest character from Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIII to get a full reveal in the Japanese press.

Lightning's sister and Snow's fiancee, Serah (who we also saw in the FFXIII premiere press event held earlier this month) is in kind of a delicate situation, and not just because she's the first Pulse-born l'Cie in Cocoon. The issue at hand: both Snow and Lightning love her, but Lightning is dead-set against having Serah actually marry the guy. "Having lost her parents, Lightning sees Serah as a sort of daughter," director Motomu Toriyama told Famitsu magazine this week. "So naturally she doesn't want her marrying someone who doesn't make her standard. The fact that Snow was a Nora member also affects her opinion."

Toriyama also revealed that much of the backstory explaining how Lightning, Snow and Serah see each other will be explained outside of the game itself. "The 13 days leading up to the game's opening play host to assorted events that rock the entirety of Cocoon," he told Famitsu. "You see bits of these events in the story, but some of it's left unrevealed. These 13 days will be explored in episodes before the game's released, in the form of a serial novel published on the homepage. We'd like to get the first installment up while TGS is taking place."

Square Enix also took the opportunity before TGS to more fully explain FFXIII's summoning system. If you want to perform a summon, you need tactical points (TP), which you earn largely by scoring high ratings at the end of battle (though TP recovery items also exist). The summons themselves run on summon points (SP), which work basically like hit points -- in addition to going down when the summon takes damage, SP gradually ticks away over time, with the summon going away when it hits zero. Summons also have the power to go into Driving Mode, combining with the summoner for a flurry of powerful attacks. If you remember Shiva transforming into a bike and Snow riding it around the battlefield, that's what that is.

FFXIII is due out December 17 for the PS3 in Japan and sometime next year elsewhere for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The Final Fantasy XIII battle system.

The first battle system was shown during the E3 2006, but it was only a prototype. A new interface was shown recently by Square Enix in various Japanese magazines and trailers (depicted in the image adjacent). In battle, the player can only control one character at a time out of a party of up to three.

Multiple commands can be stacked into slots per turn and released at the same time to form a combo. The number of command slots increases as the characters grow in strength.

These commands include series staples such as Attack, Fire, Blizzard and Cure, as well as new ones such as Launch, which sends the enemy up in the air and allows the character to perform mid-air combos on the opponent and spells such as Ruin, Ruinaga, and Radical Strike. The difference between XIII's battle system and the ATB gauge is that these commands can still be placed in the slots even though the bar has run out, and the actions will be executed once the required slots are filled up. This, however, affects the chain combo hits as the combo has been interrupted. The game does not make use of MP but introduces "cost points" for each command, which determine how many times the commands can be used per turn.

A "break state" is one of the new features of Final Fantasy XIII battle system. The breaks refer to the times an enemy enters a state of non-retaliation. This occurs when a chain combo has been maintained for a certain period of time on an enemy. When a high level combo has been achieved, the enemy will glow red and enter this state, during which the player will be able to inflict high amounts of damage. The chain bar will gradually deplete during this period; when it becomes empty, the break state ends.

Magic, including summoning, is restricted to characters that belong to the group called l'Cie (pronounced /ˌləˈsiː/). Magic is not readily available in the beginning of a game, but it is bestowed upon the characters after a certain event. Because magic cannot be used outside of battle, the HP of the party is completely restored after each battle.

The classic summoned creatures called Eidolons (as they were in Final Fantasy IV DS and Final Fantasy IX) will return in Final Fantasy XIII. Shiva, Carbuncle, Ifrit, Siren, and Odin appeared in shown footage.

Producer Yoshinori Kitase has confirmed that Bahamut will also appear in the game. When summoned, the Eidolon stay in battle while the characters accompanying the summoner leaves the party.

There is also a new feature called "Gestalt Mode", which when activated joins the summoned and its summoner somehow; for example, the character Snow can ride and steer the combined Shiva Nix and Shiva Styria in a "Driving Mode". This changes the pace of the combat significantly. But not all summons turn into mechanical vehicles, Odin's Gestalt Mode changes him into a horse for Lightning to ride.

Each character will posses only one Eidolon that is summoned from a crystal that sprouts from the character's mark of l'Cie.

It has been recently revealed that the summons will play a major role in the game's storyline as well, much like Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy X.

Characters will be able to use special skills other than ones gained while working with summons.

The player is able to view the HP and name of the enemy before engaging it in battle. When engaging an enemy, the camera moves to another position and the battle menu appears, making the battle transitions nearly seamless.

The after-battle victory screen in XIII holds information such as the time it took to finish the battle, the highest number of combos executed, the number of break attacks and the quality of battle which is determined by a ranking of one to five stars.

I think the battle system sounds pretty good. I liked FF12s battle system, its was pretty simple and effective. I'm not a big fan of FFX. XIII sounds pretty solid.

Main characters

Lightning (ライトニング Raitoningu?)

A former soldier of the Cocoon military, she sought the fal'Cie of Pulse only to be made l'Cie much to her dismay. Lightning has long strawberry-blonde hair and is 170 cm tall (5'7"). For her design, character designer Tetsuya Nomura was asked to create a "female version of Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII". During development, he described her as "not very feminine".

Lightning wields a combination of a gun and a sword and can also manipulate gravity with a device on her thumb.

In battle, she is agile and uses acrobatic moves. She can also summon the Eidolon Odin to fight by her side in battle. Her Japanese voice actress is Maaya Sakamoto.

Snow Villiers (スノウ・ヴィリアース Sunō Viriāsu?)

Prior to becoming a l'Cie, Snow is the head of Team Nora, a resistance group against Cocoon. After becoming a l'Cie, Snow gains the power to summon the Eidolon Shiva sisters Nix (二クス Nikusu?) and Styria (スティリア Sutiria?) who can combine into a motorcycle form for Snow to ride while toting a large gun. He is a big character and is capable of running while carrying two people.

He was nicknamed "Mr. 33 cm" by the staff of Final Fantasy XIII as a nod to his shoe size. In the October 2008 issue of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, it is revealed that he uses a power that is related to the tattoo on his left forearm.

He uses his fists to take down opponents, and can Summon the Eidolon Shiva. Compared to the fast and agile Lightning, Snow focuses more on power and strength. In the Japanese version of the game, he is voiced by Daisuke Ono.

Oerba Dia Vanille (ヲルバ・ダイア・ヴァニラ Oruba Daia Vanira?)

Vanille is a young girl with red-brown hair worn in pigtails who lives in Pulse.

Her weapon is a kind of foldable fishing rod with multiple lines that can be reeled. In a trailer, she is seen captured by the Cocoon army and walking in a funeral procession.

In the demo and trailers, she is the character narrating many of the events. She is first seen with the rebel leader Snow as he hands her a gun to defend those being forced to leave Cocoon, then seen with Hope, watching as the rebels lose the battle against the soldiers. As a l'Cie, she can summon the Eidolon Carbuncle. In the Japanese version, she is voiced by Yukari Fukui.

Sazh Katzroy (サッズ・カッツロイ Sazzu Kattsuroi?)

Sazh is a man with an afro who Lightning knows from her time serving in the military. Sazh wields dual pistols, and his strong point is striking enemies from a distance. His pet, a baby chocobo, lives in his afro. He is described as having good judgment and moral discernment. He has a gentle personality and is easily moved to tears, and joins the party early in the game. His voice-actor in the Japanese version is Masashi Ebara.

Hope Estheim (ホープ・エストハイム Hōpu Esutohaimu?)

Hope is a young boy traveling with the party. The boy has silvery-blonde hair and is clad in orange, yellow, and green. He uses boomerangs in battle. He is seen arguing with Snow about helping the l'Cie.

He is also first seen in the game demo wearing same Purge attire as Vanille as his mother offers to aid Snow fighting in off PSICOM. She died as a result and Hope hates Snow for it in spite of him honoring his mother's final request to protect the boy. He is voiced by Yūki Kaji in the Japanese version and by Vincent Martella in the English version.

I already know who is going to be in my team; Lightning, Snow and Sazh. Everyone else sounds shit - fishing rod? come'on!

Can't wait, only problem I'm going to have is which version to buy.