NEurope
Charlie

Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers!

And here comes the Wii title. That Final Fantasy theme still makes me all misty-eyed. Wow, these visuals are nice--random shots of CC-style little dudes fighting bombs and other monsters. If any of that was real-time footage of the game, the Wii graphics ought to do us just fine. Hard to say if it was just CG, though. Code name: Chrystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. No major details on the game available yet though.

Breaking News: Square Enix has just announced "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers" for Nintendo Wii, also available at launch.
Launch Game!!

I get the feeling we might not see this or Dragon Quest at UK launch due to translation, assuming their isn't much time between Japanese and European launch. Still, its a good title to have and if they can build on the promise of the Cube version it could be a top notch title.

this is insane, i think i beater start saving a bit of money for the launch becouse dam it sure beats the hell out of the gamecube launch allready and we haven't even seen the press confrence yet.

this is insane, i think i beater start saving a bit of money for the launch becouse dam it sure beats the hell out of the gamecube launch allready and we haven't even seen the press confrence yet.

I know, who knows what kind of 1st party games are going to be on offer.

I hope the gameplay is a bit deeper than FF:CC was... could have been a wonderful hack n' slasher...

WHY SO MANY LAUNCH GAMES?!?! Hahah, I wish they could save some for x-mas

thats the good thing about it, there is titles coming out at the near the end of the year activision has 2 titles near the end and im sure we will have more.

this game looks absolutey stunning, getting this for sure.

i'm intrigued as to if and how it'll use the wii-mote-will it be a point and click affair??? or might it use standard GC controls?

Takeo, Square have said that there will be specific summon and magic 'gestures' to correspond to specific stuff.

I am very interested in this title specifically because it is online, the DS version isn't worth the money IMHO.. especially with FF3 already chomping a lot of time.

From an interview with Shinji Hashimoto:

- Crystal Chronicles II will make heavy use of the Wiimote.

- Fabula Nova Crystallis is a ten year project. It will be similar in scope to Star Wars.

- SE currently thinks about several casual games for DS.

- There'll be many announcement, including new games, at the SE party, TGS and Jump Festa this year. Not only SE-fans, but especially Nintendo-fans should look forward to the SE party in May.

Shinji Hashimoto of Square Enix gave a few details on his project "Fabula Nova Crystallis" during an interview with the japanese magazine, Nintendo Dream. He informed us that the world of Final Fantasy XIII would span over a period of 10 years; a period similar to that of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Hashimoto also announced that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : The Crystal Bearers on Wii, for which we have very few details, would completely utilize the wiimote's features, and reminds us that Square Enix would make some very important announcements concerning some unannounced titles at Square Enix Party 2007 (on May 12-13), Tokyo Game Show and Jump Fiesta, and mentioned (with a smile) that Nintendo and Square Enix fans should pay close attention to next month's Square Enix Party 2007.

In other news, the japanese magazine Gamelabo published, in its rumor section, an interesting piece of information concerning Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the sky for the Nintendo DS. Apparently, it will be possible for players to transfer monsters from the DS game to the wii, but take this with a grain of salt.

Finally, Famitsu Wii and DS are predicting the next major Wii and DS releases. According to them, Final Fantasy Tactics A2 : The Sealed Grimoire would be released in July in Japan for the DS, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Ring of Fates in August, Super Mario Galaxy for Wii in October, Dragon Quest IX : Protectors of the Sky in November, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii in December.

The last piece of info is that Final Fantasy : Anniversary Edition, which was released today in Japan and is scheduled for a June 26 release in the US, will contain english subtitles as these pictures show.

Gamefront

This thread is so old!!

It's funny looking at it now and seeing that both Crystal Chronicals and Dragon Quest were at one stage thought to be launch titles!

I think a new thread should be started as soon as the first real pictures/videos are shown.

I was just thinking that myself! ha ha!

Can't wait for next month!

You know what? I will look forward to the SE party in May. Why not indeed? Tantalisingly so.

My wish list for the S-E party:

Super Mario RPG 2

Chrono Trigger 2

Parasite Eve Remake

New Games

S-E & Nintendo Game

My wishlist:

FFXIII and Versus on 360 too.

KH Collection for Wii: KH1: Final Mix and KH2: Final Mix (with Chains of Memories 3D re-make).

New Kingdom Hearts series on PS3 and 360.

Super Cool New IP.

No more FFVII milking unless it's a re-make which is very much needed for gamers to appreciate the game these days.

I'd be thrilled if at least one of those came true...

please XIII be on 360, PLEASE!! It's the main reason I would get a PS3 otherwise.

All I'm really hoping for with the SE party is some more footage of the new crystal chronicles and some reassurance that they won't completely mess up this new FF13 series. I've sort of lost some faith in it since they started trying to spread it over as many games as possible.

Crystal Chronicles is by far my most anticipated game. i just hope they get the crap out of the original. that crystal thing being carried was so annoying. i love the co-op though. i hope that stays and has an online co-op so you can join 3 mates to take on the world.