NEurope
Charlie

Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers!

From Gonintendo.

We've already given you the news that European gamers aren't going to get their hands on FFCC: The Crystal Bearers before this year closes out. The good news is, those gamers won't have to wait that long into the new year to pick the title up. As of right now, Square-Enix is locking in a February 2010 release for the game. No word on a specific date at this time, but we should get that close to the year's end.

I swear im gonna be broke with the amount of games being released/pushed back til Feb-March time.

Images!

ffcc06.jpg

ffcc07.jpg

ffcc28.jpg

ffcc29.jpg

ffcc32.jpg

ffcc30.jpg

ffcc31.jpg

ffcc33.jpg

ffcc08.jpg

ffcc09.jpg

ffcc34.jpg

ffcc35.jpg

ffcc36.jpg

ffcc37.jpg

ffcc38.jpg

ffcc20.jpg

ffcc21.jpg

ffcc22.jpg

ffcc12.jpg

ffcc13.jpg

ffcc15.jpg

ffcc10.jpg

ffcc35.jpg

ffcc08.jpg

ffcc67.jpg

ffcc68.jpg

ffcc69.jpg

ffcc70.jpg

ffcc71.jpg

ffcc72.jpg

ffcc55.jpg

ffcc56.jpg

ffcc58.jpg

ffcc42.jpg

ffcc73.jpg

ffcc76.jpg

ffcc77.jpg

ffcc78.jpg

ffcc28.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link
Too many pics on page

more new screens:

ffcc59.jpg

ffcc44.jpg

ffcc79.jpg

ffcc74.jpg

ffcc75.jpg

ffcc16.jpg

ffcc03.jpg

ffcc21.jpg

ffcc09.jpg

ffcc14.jpg

ffcc11.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link
Too many pics on page

Someone needs to slap a bucket load of Anti-aliasing on this, alas I know it isn't going to happen.

Someone needs to slap a bucket load of Anti-aliasing on this, alas I know it isn't going to happen.

Why Fresh?

Even more new screens:

ffcc67.jpg

ffcc66.jpg

ffcc60.jpg

ffcc61.jpg

ffcc62.jpg

50841520091006_221820_12_big.jpg

ffcc63.jpg

ffcc63.jpg

ffcc50.jpg

ffcc67.jpg

ffcc68.jpg

ffcc16.jpg

ffcc55.jpg

ffcc53.jpg

ffcc14.jpg

ffcc29.jpg

ffcc52.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link
Too many pics on page

New videos: Forest and Harvest

ESRB:

This is a fantasy-based action game in which players assume the role of Layle, a mercenary "crystal bearer" who uses his telekinetic powers (i.e., the ability to control gravity) to stop an evil villain from destroying the world. Players can explore fantasy worlds, battle numerous creatures, and engage in story-related mini-games (e.g., dodging lasers, flying airships, saving people). The central character can use his telekinetic powers to throw people off cliffs, into warp portals, onto train tracks, or into trash chutes. Guns and swords can also be used to defeat characters. One sequence involves intense machine gun fire against a dragon; cutscenes sometimes depict slapping, punching, and kicking. Consumers may wish to know that the expletives "damn" and "hell" are occasionally used by the central characters.

Some female characters wear revealing fantasy outfits and bikinis that expose deep cleavage. During one sequence at the beach, a woman accuses a man of peeping on her in an outhouse changing room (e.g., "How icky of you to watch girls changing!" and "You were peeping?!"). In one mini-game, two women in bikinis try to knock each other off a floating platform using only their hips. Players will also encounter multiple alcohol references during their adventure: wine casks, barrels, and bottles (e.g., "Rainbow Wine") can be found in some locations; a goblin samurai holding a sake-shaped bottle appears to be drunk; and players can visit a winery and uncork kegs and barrels, allowing the wine to pour onto the floor. If players wish to, they may pick up steaming manure and toss it at enemies or the bucolic surroundings.

More new screens:

ffcc56.jpg

ffcc42.jpg

ffcc34.jpg

ffcc17.jpg

ffcc64.jpg

0000240172.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

From looking through all these screenshots and scans, I'm loving all the variety this FF CC game is offering!

I love how someone seems quite butt-hurt about this game's existence (reference to this thread's 'tags').

I think it looks fantastic, and could easily be the game I put most time into next year.

This may very well be the first FF I see myself spending time with. Together with MH3 the best looking game around?

Destructoid: How many hours of gameplay can we look forward to from The Crystal Bearers?

Square Enix: The first play through will be about 15 hours, which may seem short, but considering it uses the Wii remote, it seemed like the appropriate length of time. You can also play a second round with the clear data, which we definitely recommend, but to play every single element of the game, 2 rounds may not even be enough!

What the hell! 15 hours to finish the story of a console RPG thats been in development for who knows how long.

*HoTs hype dies down*

What the hell! 15 hours to finish the story of a console RPG thats been in development for who knows how long.

*HoTs hype dies down*

I'd read somewhere before that the Crystal Bearers is around 15 hours. I don't think its such a bad thing seeing as its a real time adventure with no need to grind like in traditional FF's, afaik. If the game is as quality as it looks I think 15 hours with the incentive of the new game + should be sweet enough. :heh:

I'd read somewhere before that the Crystal Bearers is around 15 hours. I don't think its such a bad thing seeing as its a real time adventure with no need to grind like in traditional FF's, afaik. If the game is as quality as it looks I think 15 hours with the incentive of the new game + should be sweet enough. :heh:

If its a real time adventure like say Zelda I would want more than 15 hours out of the thing, New Game+ or not. I was just hoping to finally get my hands on a epic game for the Wii that would keep me going for a while not one that I could do in one sitting. :( Hopefully Tales of Symphonia 2 is a fair length although its supposed to be very average.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Famitsu review scores:

Final Fantasy CCCB - 7/8/7/8

Dragon Ball Raging Blast(PS360) 9/8/8/8

Need for Speed: Shift(PS360) 9/8/8/8

Sengoku Hime(PS2) 6/5/5/5

(PSP) Hexyr Force - Atlus/Sting - 8/8/8/7