NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shoe

Lost Prophets, Nu metal band

They're my favourite, but I live a continent away from them I was wondering if you people know what happened to them...since their last album they vanished

They are from the UK some me nono

They've got a new album out soonish I know that. As I've seen some pre-release sleeves in work.

Their first album was pretty good, but then they went scene with the second and got shat over.

They've got a new album out soonish I know that.

June 26th.

Man their first album was cool, they almost suggested they were going to make British metal bands cool again - then they sold out for that second album, Start Something, which was a pile of pop-crap. They also look stupid.

Nu-metal? Theyre pop rock! The only promise they showed was the opening riff from Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja (or whatever it was called). My main greivance with them is that because they are a big Welsh band Bullet for My Valentine get compared to them alot (when they are nothing alike). That being said Last Summer is ok to chill to when your drunk. That song makes me feel lazy.

I like Lostprophets, I bought the Start Someting album and i enjoyed it alot. I'd like to hear how their new stuff sounds tho.

I got "Fake Sound Of Progress" years back. Even got it signed. Now, my brother is thinking of putting it on eBay. Nu-Metal is dead and buried, Limp Bizkit? no way! Linkin Park? Moved on! SOAD? Never were you fool! Me? I've moved on!

They're from Wales. :) Always a bonus.

I like them, and some of their songs mean something to me.

Isn't the second album emo ?

NO...none of the songs are about love..ex girlfriends etc

lost prophets is rock music...i saw them live in Newport just last week and sounding as good as ever :grin: there new album is out end of june...there news songs i heard live were all good so got high hopes for the album :bouncy:

I'd say "Last Summer" is about the love of their friends, and "Last Train Home" is about wishing to see that special someone.

SOAD? Never were you fool! Me? I've moved on!

Glad for the acknowledgement that SoaD's not nu-metal, but how can you move on from them. They're the only band that I always come crawling back to. : peace:

Isn't the second album emo ?
I wouldn't say they were emo.
I wouldn't say real emo is anything like this.
The only promise they showed was the opening riff from Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja (or whatever it was called).
You obviously never listened to Kobrakai.

KobraKai was fantastic.

Like Microsoft it's cool to hate lostprophets so thats why most do. They do their own thing. Their second album wasn't as heavy as their first because they matured and mellowed out. Yet everyone accuses them of selling out. Whatever. The new album is supposed to be even more of a departure from Fake Sound so they are just going to give the haters more ammunition.

All I care about is the fact I like em. If ya don't then fine, but I don't wanna hear about it.

KobraKai was fantastic.

Like Microsoft it's cool to hate lostprophets so thats why most do. They do their own thing. Their second album wasn't as heavy as their first because they matured and mellowed out. Yet everyone accuses them of selling out. Whatever. The new album is supposed to be even more of a departure from Fake Sound so they are just going to give the haters more ammunition.

All I care about is the fact I like em. If ya don't then fine, but I don't wanna hear about it.

haha well said. :awesome:

Sure, I hate this sorry excuse for pop music because it's cool to. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Like it's cool to hate this band. No one even knows them anymore. Now hating Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park, THAT is cool. Which is obviously the reason I hate them, ahem.

You obviously never listened to Kobrakai.

AGREE (love word count)

Now hating Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park, THAT is cool. Which is obviously the reason I hate them, ahem.

Ha, whatever, I happened to like Limp Bizkit, I'm quite aware that I am just about the only one on the planet that does, but I'm more than prepared to stand up and tell people like you where to stick it when they are being just plain rude.

Fake sound was definately better, but I liked some of the songs on their 2nd album.

The thing that gets me with rockers if the way they all like a band then everyone like them and they're like oh they're gay. Limp Bizkit being a prime example

nu metal is fucking dog piss

This is all.

Now now, no need to be so degrading. Dog piss has it's reasons for existing, Nu metal exists primarily as a way for talentless musicians to make easy millions, and Dog piss, well what would dogs do without it? Life would lose it's appeal without the prospect of new walls to piss on or new carpets to soil. So honestly, think before you type.

Hahahahha, whaaaaa?

...?

Give, the guy a break, he clearly has tourettes.

Sign in to follow this