NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

England Team Discussion

I've changed my mind about Theo Walcott, maybe he will be absolutely brilliant like Pele was at his age. I'd forgotten Pele made his WC debut when he was 17. Do you think the Brazilians saw this in the same way we have?

I'm going to put my name down for the person who doesn't give that much of a toss.

Shabba.

Neither do I but I always wonder about stupid things. That's just me in a nutsack. :hmm:

I don't think we have a chance of winning. Two injured strikers, an inexperienced striker and a complete bag of shit. I would have taken Bent, Defoe, Ashton and probably Owen.

I dunno.. I think we'll get through the group stages with the experience of our midfield and Rooney will be back for the climax of the tournament - hopefully taking us to victory.

Now going to watch the England B v Belarus B match, apparently Walcott is playing, I'm so excited to see him play.

Im going to see England vs Jamaica on Saturday. We should play better than we did against Hungary (as long as Hargreaves doesnt come on). Im hoping for a high scoring game seen as Jamaica lost 4-1 to Ghana the other day.

I've always found it odd that we never do as well in friendlys then in a typical competetive match. I think against Hungary it was Sven experimnting again, with that whole new heavy midfield thang he had going.

I'm looking forward to how this plays out for us. People seem to be pretty angry at the choices made by Sven in this thread, but I'm certain we'll do well.

i think the formation against hungary is the one we should use. gerrard as an attacking option is the best for england

i think the formation against hungary is the one we should use. gerrard as an attacking option is the best for england

I agree, I thought the formation worked well, although Carragher didn't look comfortable playing the 'holding' role. Beckham was fantastic I thought. Really looking forward to watching the game tommorow, the football we play now is so much more exciting and promising than it was before the 2002 World Cup.

I agree, I thought the formation worked well, although Carragher didn't look comfortable playing the 'holding' role. Beckham was fantastic I thought. Really looking forward to watching the game tommorow, the football we play now is so much more exciting and promising than it was before the 2002 World Cup.

Very true that is... it just seems that every time England makes a forward run they have a great chance of scoring a goal because of the quality of the crosses from either Becks from the right or J.Cole from the left.

I agree, I thought the formation worked well, although Carragher didn't look comfortable playing the 'holding' role.

Im hoping to see Carrick in the holding role on Sat. Think he should be first choice in that posistion to be honest.

Well it looks like Sven has opted for the standard 4-4-2 approach for todays match with Crouch and Owen up front and Carrager expected to fill in for Neville.

EDIT: A very strong performance from everyone, still I knew Crouch would miss the pen.

Peter Crouch is a fucking legend.

Its funny im a Liverpool supporter and I dont really like him and we were on about it at work. A lad said you just watch he will be the one to shine at the World Cup, there could be wisdom in his words.

Crouch has already got more goals for England then Heskey :grin:

Heskey's a totally different type of player (apart from the fact he is in theory a striker), he holds the ball up more and makes opportunities for other players rather than score himself.

Heskey's a totally different type of player (apart from the fact he is in theory a striker), he holds the ball up more and makes opportunities for other players rather than score himself.

Suppose Crouch spends more time on his feet than Heskey and has a far more entertaining goal celebration. In regards to Heskey being totally different to Crouch, I agree, Crouch can sometimes play excellent like today, unlike Emile.

I was at the game and i have to say Crouch played a blinder (except for the pen, what the heck was he doing)

Other than that, Beckham again was suberb, im glad owen got on the scoresheet, however in the second half he was struggling with pace...still not fully fit.

Was a great day, lost my voice a little with all the singing.

Took a few photo's on my phone whilst at Old Trafford and one of em come out quite well:

i call it The Beckham Corner:

Photo-0060.jpg

Out of 70,000 people i had a pretty good seat eh ?

I drew Germany and Argentina at the sweeps at work. They can keep my money as there is no way im shouting for Germany or Argentina for that matter.

Kick off at 2pm sharp. The opening group sages should be no problem. Paraguay are looking strong though. The 4-4-2 with the Crouch and Owen patnership will do us very nicely. Very nicely indeed.

Sign in to follow this