NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

It's possibly just there so they can keep the same box when they change the Wii Sports pack to a different game (hence why the "includes Wii Sports" is just a sticker)

well i cleared room on my buliten board to hang the wii box

(under all my gba boxes and between my cube box and accesory box)

well i cleared room on my buliten board to hang the wii box

(under all my gba boxes and between my cube box and accesory box)

Don't you taunt me emasher :shakehead

Damn! I wish somebody give us an official information about the blue light! I want that all the time on! Geez... i'm getty sick of this waiting!

Is there any truth/confirmation in the idea that the wii can connect wirelessly with other wiis? Like DS wireless play (I'm not talking about WiFi)? Anyone know?

I remember a while ago some people were worried that the blue light seemed to have disappeared, but if you look at this video you can see it a little bit when he turns the Wii round near the beginning.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/11/wii-setup-and-interface-walkthrough-video/

If i'm not wrong the light only appears at the beggining! And that... sucks ;_;! I want the light all the time!!God damn you Nintendo (sorry, it's me getting frustated.. by the record, i love Ninty) XD

Is there any truth/confirmation in the idea that the wii can connect wirelessly with other wiis? Like DS wireless play (I'm not talking about WiFi)? Anyone know?

Yes, it can. But no launch games support it.

You are wrong.

Well... are u sure? because i didn't see the light all time time on! I only saw it when you turned on the console and then desapered again

Well... are u sure? because i didn't see the light all time time on! I only saw it when you turned on the console and then desapered again

I watched parts of the Wii Marathon show on Gamespot yesterday and the blue light came on when the Wii was turned on, but went off after a couple of seconds. It didn't appear to come on at all after that.

That's what i said! And that is what is worrying me! I just hope it should be an option or at least an firmware update.

This may be an odd question but: can you insert discs into the console when its on?

This may be an odd question but: can you insert discs into the console when its on?

Well, you can't do it while it's off. (You do mean the console right?)

I watched parts of the Wii Marathon show on Gamespot yesterday and the blue light came on when the Wii was turned on, but went off after a couple of seconds. It didn't appear to come on at all after that.

It comes on when you put a disc in, then stays on.

Yea I seen it in a video where someone put a disc in when the Wii was at the Channels.

You can't put disks into it while its off because it wont 'grab' them.

(You'll need a slot-loading drive to know what I mean by 'grab')

Well, you can't do it while it's off. (You do mean the console right?)

It comes on when you put a disc in, then stays on.

Well from what I saw it didn't and it didn't come back on. But i'll check again when i've got some spare time. But I don't see how it matters much whether it stays on or not.

Ooh, seems I better eat some humble pie. Sorry about that. It's possible that you may need to get a firmware update then?

Well, i'm not sure, but what if seen so far with the interface i didn't see any kind of that option. Althought that doesn't mean nothing...

The most important thing: the LEDs are in place. Wich means they're not gone. Duh. I hope you can turn them on and off (mine would be always on), too. It going to be a nice startup...

The most important thing: the LEDs are in place. Wich means they're not gone. Duh. I hope you can turn them on and off (mine would be always on), too. It going to be a nice startup...

Same here! I just really hope that we can have the light every time... At least hoping having that kind of option!

Wii "systems and settings" manual

"Up to 100 Miis can stay in your Mii Plaza." (pg. 11)

"The Photo Channel can display a maximum of approximately 1,000 photos. If your SD card has more than 1,000 photos, remove the card from the Wii console and remove or reorganize your photos in your camera, cell phone or computer." (pg. 15)

"You can not save or overwrite photos or videos on the SD card." (pg. 20)

"Any of the options in Fun! mode [doodles, etc. -Ed.] can be applied to individual frames of a video." (pg. 21)

The photo channel supports JPGs of up to 8192x8192 resolution and QuickTime files of up to 848x480. (pg. 22)

MP3 audio is listed under supported formats. After quite a bit of searching, we figured out how this feature works, but we didn't like what we found (more later.)

"NOTE: Your use of the Wii Shop Channel is subject to your acceptance of the Wii Users Agreement, the Wii Privacy Policy and the Wii Code of Conduct. Copies of the most updated versions of these agreements may be found at support.nintendo.com. [not yet - Ed.]" (pg. 24)

"NOTE: Some Virtual Console games can only be played with a Classic Controller. (sold separately) [this seems to contradict previous confirmation that Gamecube controllers would work on all Virtual Console games -Ed.]" (pg. 25)

"Software downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel is licensed to you, not sold" (pg. 25)

"NOTE: The calendar displays dates from January 2000 to December 2035." (pg. 31)

"NOTE: You will not be able to send photos from your Wii console to the PC/cell phone user." (pg. 36)

"NOTE: The Wii console uses a 24 hour clock. For example, 1:00 pm is displayed as 13:00 pm" (pg. 42)

The parental control features "does NOT control access to Nintendo GameCube games" (pg. 46)

"If you use the messaging features of the Wii console, you need to understand that Nintendo may monitor your use and share certain information (i) as required by law, (ii) where necessary to protect the company, its customers or its employees, (iii) as necessary to provide the services. [big Brother is watching -Ed.]" (pg. 47)

"NOTE: The initial recommended distance for using the Wii Remote Pointer is 3 to 8 feet from the sensor bar ... Also note that the influence of direct sunlight and various light sources can make the Pointer operation less optimal. [Oh really... -Ed.]" (pg. 50)

By formatting the Wii Shop Channel from the Wii's system menu, you clear all "records of your transactions and rights to download software." (pg. 61)

"NOTE: You should format your Wii Shop Channel data first, then your Wii System Memory, prior to selling or otherwise transferring your Wii console to any third party." (pg. 61)

"NOTE: Adjusting the speaker and Rumble settings will affect all Wii remotes currently connected to the Wii console.

Thatblogsite

Wii "systems and settings" manual

By formatting the Wii Shop Channel from the Wii's system menu, you clear all "records of your transactions and rights to download software." (pg. 61)

"NOTE: You should format your Wii Shop Channel data first, then your Wii System Memory, prior to selling or otherwise transferring your Wii console to any third party." (pg. 61)

Hmmmmm.....this would suggest that your Wii Shop Channel purchases (VC games etc) are linked to your Wii, not some online Wii account. What does this mean if your Wii breaks down or is stolen? If you buy another Wii will you need to buy all your VC games again? Logic would dictate no....

Could be good for 2nd hand buyers, buy a Wii and get a whole load of VC games already on it. However, if you can't re-download your VC games on another Wii console then that is totally ridiculous.