NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

Wii Got One

http://game-revolution.com/manifesto/view.php?id=199

I'm still disappointed it's not in HDTV. I know many people haven't gone HD yet, and they won't care as much. But it really does look last-gen compared to the 360 and the PS3. Yes, I also understand that's the whole point, and it's part of why the system is only $250. No hate mail please. Still disappointed. Heck, it doesn't even come with an s-video connector.

Well, i'm kind of sad what i have seen so far with the boot of the Wii. First... where the fuck (excuse me!!) is the blue light???? And... why the hell doesn't have a Wii intro, like Gamecube has? It just pumbs right into the main menu! Is this the really the final Wii version?? Please, i hope i'm wrong.... :(

I think its good it doesn't have an intro or anything, so you can jump right into whatever you want to do.

Does anybody knows if the Wii will have the blue light all the time on? At least that... i know that it doesn't really matter but it was kind of disapointing not seing this feature, stil... (i hope)

I think the game pod is well OTT but it's superb! Love it!

At least it shows there not given up on Europe and putting in alot of effort.

I'm still disappointed it's not in HDTV. I know many people haven't gone HD yet, and they won't care as much. But it really does look last-gen compared to the 360 and the PS3. Yes, I also understand that's the whole point, and it's part of why the system is only $250. No hate mail please. Still disappointed. Heck, it doesn't even come with an s-video connector.

Stil onto that? I liked Majora's Mask better than any game on GameCube, still all of those had better graphics.

My first thought was the same about the Wii startup sequence, to be fairly honest. But if you think that the thing is on 24 hours per day, it's handy to quickly flip to where-ever you want to be. The blue light seems to be off a lot of the times I see Wii now. Wel, we'll just see...

Oh, where did you get that info on the whote box?

And... why the hell doesn't have a Wii intro, like Gamecube has? It just pumbs right into the main menu! Is this the really the final Wii version?? Please, i hope i'm wrong.... :(
I was slightly annoyed by that at first, but after thinking about it I now reckon it's much better without one, anything that reduces the time it takes to start playing a game / pissing about with the channels has to be a good thing.

And from what I can gather from various vids that are now appearing online, initial load times on Wii are quite a bit longer than those on the GCN, so not having a system intro helps speed up the process. Admittedly it's only by a few seconds but hey, every second counts! :heh:

http://images.p-nintendo.com/hardware/wii/ndaysES/03.jpg

What are those 4 "buttons" for? To remove the sideplate?

Those look like rubber feet, for if you position your Wii horizontally.

I was slightly annoyed, but then i realised. Who really should give a shite if something pops up at the beginning or not. What difference does it make?

EDIT: Also, @Cube, if im looking at what i think you're thinknig about. Those are little rubber feet to stop it sliding around or whatever.

Also why are all the wii's coming in ive cream vans...
It's Nintendo's strange sense of humour, like the time when Nintendo sent a DS Lite to Penny Arcade, and when they opened the box, it played a little song and lights were flashing on and off in it.

Ok, ok... i can still understand the not Wii intro... but, what about the blue light coming up? It wasn't supose to be all the time, when playing, turned on?

Ok, ok... i can still understand the not Wii intro... but, what about the blue light coming up? It wasn't supose to be all the time, when playing, turned on?

I believe that the Blue Light can be turned on and off.
I read somewhere that it's only on when there's no disc inside, so you can see the slot in low light conditions.

Anyway, it's cool that it has a practical function and looks awesome at the same time.

I wish I didn't watch the Gamespot video now. It won't feel so special to start up my Wii like it did the DS and 'Cube. Oh well. I can't wait to see what it looks like to get in the Wii Channel Shop.

i'm just wondering about the start up disk, what the hell is that thing going ot be used for i wonder, i know it can't be a firmware up-date

When i was waching the gamespot marathon, the blue light flashed on then off, because there wasnt a disc inserted.

I'm sure its been confirmed that the light will be on when a disc is in but not when one isnt in.

Plus anyone wonder why the Wii stand also need a cicular stand itself?

The demo pods looks awesome!

There is no start up disc so to speak of, to put it simply its wiisports. The pictures of it stating start up disc were a pre-retail box to show what it would kind of look like to know shops what each wii would contain

i'm just wondering about the start up disk, what the hell is that thing going ot be used for i wonder, i know it can't be a firmware up-date

its for if your wii crashes and you need to re-install the os

(its for the same reason that you keep the os disk for your mac/pc)

its for if your wii crashes and you need to re-install the os

(its for the same reason that you keep the os disk for your mac/pc)

It's not coming with the Wii's of gaming mags/online publications, so I guess start-up was just there as a filler, meaning... Wii Sports.