NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

About the memory cards, well, I THINK you don't need one to save GC games. But you'll need one to access your already saved games on the Cube. But I reckon you can have new saves on the Wii memory, just like the VC games and Wii saves.

I forgot about this.

Nice find Dante. Seriously i think we need to start paying you mate!

Will be quite interesting to hear what happens at the lunch but unfortunately until after Xmas all I think we are gonna be hearing is a whole bunch of posturing.

About the memory cards, well, I THINK you don't need one to save GC games. But you'll need one to access your already saved games on the Cube. But I reckon you can have new saves on the Wii memory, just like the VC games and Wii saves.

IIRC Nintendo already confirmed that you'll need a GC memory card to save and load any GC saved games.

Will the "z" button on the GameCube controller be the select button for snes games?

whats the Swe/DK version and the no version for the wii points!?!?

its taken from Bergsala who handles Nintendo in scandinavia...

Swe - Sweden

DK - Denmark

No - Norway

Will the "z" button on the GameCube controller be the select button for snes games?

thats a good question its probably the right thing they'll do.

Am I missing something here, you can use cube controllers for VC downloaded games?

sweet. No Classic controller for me then i suppose.

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6277/1/Wii_Can_Text_Easily

Wii Can Text Easily

Zi Corporation has revealed it has signed a deal with Nintendo for work on the Wii. The provider of intelligent interface solutions was previously used to give developers sufficient support for including hand-writing recognition in Nintendo DS games. Now the company is teaming up again with Nintendo to have its eZiText predictive text input technology smoothly integrated into the Wii hardware. This means that owners will be able to use the system's features, such as the messageboard, much more easily.

Milos Djokovic, President and CEO of Zi, was on-hand to state the following:

"Nintendo is a worldwide leader in video game systems and has a reputation for bringing innovative technology to the market. By embedding eZiText in Wii, Nintendo is empowering its customer with a more user friendly method for text input.

"This announcement heralds the future use of eZiText outside of conventional mobile usage. The global gaming industry has become a worldwide phenomenon and is becoming an important new avenue for the distribution of our products. As such, we will continue to progressively pursue new gaming customers."

I heard they were working about Nintendo but I never really read into it.Good to see some sort of support though,should be handy for the message board.

thats a good question its probably the right thing they'll do.

Am I missing something here, you can use cube controllers for VC downloaded games?

sweet. No Classic controller for me then i suppose.

Yes, it was confirmed the other day. WaveBirds are compatible too I think. :yay:

That's good news, I suppose this will be used to send text messages to mobiles aswell.

Put this in the Eu pre-order thread but thought i'd put it in here.

Amazon.com are finalising their pre-order plans so maybe .co.uk will be soon aswellLink.Also apparently Japan are getting 400,000 Wii units for launch.Link

That doesn't make a lot of sense. 4 million worldwide, 400,00 for Japan, with EU supposedly getting the smaller slice, USA would get at least 3.2 million. That can't be right.

Nintendo have updated the Virtual Console page to include the TurboGraphx/PC Engine console. This was previous left off and people thought we wouldn't get it, so this is further confirmation.

Launch day/Total:

US: 1,000,000/2,200,000

Japan: 400,000/800,000

Europe: 400,000/700,000

A total of 3.7 million consoles will ship before christmas.

Damn, Europe/Japan are pretty low... That's only slightly more than the 360 :sad:

There seem to be enough Zeldas though.

Sorry but, this makes no sense.

its a cool little conference if you click on the windows icon next to Regi-fits-amie conference

Launch day/Total:

US: 1,000,000/2,200,000

Japan: 400,000/800,000

Europe: 400,000/700,000

A total of 3.7 million consoles will ship before christmas.

Have you got a link for these figures?

Those figures are pretty low for Eu and Jap.You'd think with this demand that they might increase the shipments a bit.We need confirmation,as Fierce said,do you have a link?

yeah i think these figures are quite low... surely Nintendo realise with the PS3 out of action in europe till march, they need to flood europe with consoles so atleast give us a million.

It's fine. Aren't these only numbers up until Christmas, anyway? There will be more units, and plenty more before March.