NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

the good news: less than 18 days for north america :D

the bad news: over 17 days left to wait :nono:

really bad news... it's 37 days for us in europe :cry:

and even more bad news i havent somewhere to preorder it yet.:angry:

you wont get it at lanch* unless u camp out (see np's guide to camping out for wii) :laughing:

* try unpopular box stores (like in canada zellers) :woops:

i fell sory for the people who are forced to import because there territory dosent have video games in stores :cry:

Picture from US test facility / warehouse for Wii units:

wii.jpg

Thanks for Cymoro @ PA-forums for the picture. This warehouse is located in Redmond, Washington, next to Digipen*. Second warehouse is located in California.

* Digipen is fairly famous university that teaches game programming. http://www.digipen.edu/

Picture from US test facility / warehouse for Wii units:

wii.jpg

For a brief minute I thought this was a new screenshot from Farcry Vengence! :smile:

:) This made me laugh! Not many (if any) games make it to Zeldas level on any console throughout the entire span of its life nevermind just at launch!!

The launch is awesome - astonishing one player adventure, lots of multiplayer goodness (sports, rayman and Monkey Ball) a selection of high quality FPS (Red Steel, CoD3, Far Cry) the Cube couldn't match in its entire life, a Splinter Cell some are calling the best in the series and a collection of other games that may not be amaizng but fun little titles.

And I haven't even mentioned the Virtual Console!!! It baffles me that anyone can complain about it - disappointed Excite Truck, Trauma Centre, Pangya Golf aren't there but it is awesome!

And the packaging is awesome too......

Nah, I guess you're right :heh: But yeah, what I guess I meant to say was, I don't think we'll remember anything from this launch except Zelda. No game seems to make that much of an impression but Zelda.

really bad news... it's 37 days for us in europe :cry:
Its even worse for Spain, we have to wait 38 days (in other words, an entire, painful day extra) due to some bloody festival :shakehead

I'm counting it as 36 days now since i'm going to midnight launch.Makes it feel it's a bit closer.

You guys sound like Cartman :laughing:

Seriously, 37 or 40 days doesn't make much of a difference. Either is still way too long.

Its even worse for Spain, we have to wait 38 days (in other words, an entire, painful day extra) due to some bloody festival :shakehead
I know the feeling, here in Portugal December 8th is a holiday, so I'm hoping to manage to sink my teeth into a console on the launch day, if there are stores open or a midnight launch that is.

if I dont have a GC controller can I use a classic controller to play the cube games?

if I dont have a GC controller can I use a classic controller to play the cube games?

Dunno Chuck. As the classic controller plugs into the wii-mote and not the actual GC plugs...............

Yes Chuck, I'm 90% sure that's possible, although you might want to wait until later in the month to find out from an official confirmation. IGN's launch guide says yes.

GameCube games are played with GameCube pads. Can they be played with the Classic controller too, for those who don't actually have any GC pads?

Nintendo: Nintendo GameCube games can only be played using Nintendo GameCube controllers. The Classic Controller will not work on these games.

answers my question. Ive swear I found the post with the trailers for TP and other shizz videos, but I cant find them help!

Whats with the RGB and component cable, does that mean I would be able to get HD quality resolution on HDTV or is that a stupid question?

answers my question. Ive swear I found the post with the trailers for TP and other shizz videos, but I cant find them help!

Whats with the RGB and component cable, does that mean I would be able to get HD quality resolution on HDTV or is that a stupid question?

The Wii doesn't support HD, it only gets 480p,

You basically get a sharper image with less flicker, not higher resolution but a better picture overall. Some people feel they cant go back when they make the change to RGB.

Nice. Every Wii game is obliged to make a cool presentation in the Wii menu ^_^ well done Nintendo.

Good to see what the Home button does now. Kinda works like the 360 home, right?

So I'm guessing 'Home' is also the "start/pause" in nearly all games!???

I like how Zelda has that nice startyup song/tune for the menu screen. If every game has that then thats pretty cool.

What i didnt understand was that in ZElda, its not related to this thread i think, but it says to pres A+B so we have to press them both at the same time? seems a wierd way to start it to me.

I like how Zelda has that nice startyup song/tune for the menu screen. If every game has that then thats pretty cool.

Trauma Center has similiar thing too (with really cool music) so I quess every game will have it.

What i didnt understand was that in ZElda, its not related to this thread i think, but it says to pres A+B so we have to press them both at the same time? seems a wierd way to start it to me.

Well, pressing A+B is the same as squeezing the controller. Not sure why can´t you press just A or B but it isn´t that hard to do.

Well, pressing A+B is the same as squeezing the controller. Not sure why can´t you press just A or B but it isn´t that hard to do.

I'm not saying its hard to do, it just seems like a wierd combination to me. But thats my own opinion. And we can leave it there.

I really cant wait for this game. That weekend it comes out i am playing this game solid. only stopping for dinner.

286187729_088092f138.jpg?v=0

Theres something about seeing a console newly unwrapped that sends me all of a tither.

I think its the smell aswell.

Also the smell of new games.

Yummm.

286187729_088092f138.jpg?v=0

Theres something about seeing a console newly unwrapped that sends me all of a tither.

I think its the smell aswell.

Also the smell of new games.

Yummm.

I just got over the hype from that pic,and now it's back.Damn you >.<