NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

don't think its wii sports.. why wouldnt they just write that then... mmm strange.. boot disk.. like in the old pc days.. ha ha ha.. it breaks after 5 times and then you have to buy a new one for 50 euro

Dont quote me on this but im sure that someone said that it would come with a disk with updated firmware on it because they have a new version already.

its not wii sports there not going to want to change the box when wii sports is not included. wii sports has a sticker on the front of the box until its not included.

its probably the os (i wonder if the os is a special version of linux can you run it on a computer capable of running linux).

I really hope Datel do a free-loader for the Wii and you can get daily codes for your action replay.Please Datel make a free loader :o

It's Wii Sports. Nintendo has made a few billion boxes and wants to go through their stocks, also when in the future Wii Sports might be replaced.

If it wasn't Wii Sports, this would be the proof that Wii Sports wouldn't be included wouldn't it?

Dont quote me on this but im sure that someone said that it would come with a disk with updated firmware on it because they have a new version already.

That would be most logical explanation.

If it wasn't Wii Sports, this would be the proof that Wii Sports wouldn't be included wouldn't it?

I don't think that its necessary to include Wii Sports on that list when there is huge stcker "includes Wii Sports" on the front. Plus it's possible that Wii Sports will be replaced later with another title. :)

i just had a sudden thought I'm sure its on the forum somewhere but what does the Wii sensor connect to? Does it connect to the Wii or the tv? lol i'm sure its an obvious question that everybody knows cept me:D

i just had a sudden thought I'm sure its on the forum somewhere but what does the Wii sensor connect to? Does it connect to the Wii or the tv? lol i'm sure its an obvious question that everybody knows cept me:D

It connects to the Wii mate.

The start-up disc is a little demo-disc on how to use the Wii-mote and Nunchuk. Because the Wii is the polar opposite from traditional gaming systems, Nintendo want to teach (for want of a better word) people how to use this new system.

The disc will contain a mild demo on calibrating the remote to the player's television, to the player's own movement patterns and introduce the player to the new way to play.

Demos would be lovely.

If it is,would be fantastic if their was MP3: C,Mario Galaxy,Sonic and a few launch title demos.

Isn't heir a magazine that will be doing that or something.

• Controller Gloves
    - Includes 3 controller "cases" and 3 wrist straps
  • Dog Tags and Lapel Pens
  • Small Home Organizer Kit
    - 2 Controller Gloves and Wrist Straps
    - Stand for Wii console, 4 Wii Remotes, and a section for something else
  • Metal Box with Magnets
    - A metal box to put the Wii in, with magnets to decorate it with
  • Large Game Organizer
    - Case for game disks
    - Stand for Wii, 4 Wii Remotes, 7 Games, and the same extra space as the other one
  • Sling Bag for the console

[*]Small Home Organizer Kit

- 2 Controller Gloves and Wrist Straps

- Stand for Wii console, 4 Wii Remotes, and a section for something else

Looks like the Wii can either fit in vertically or horizontally in that. :)

There's also a handbag style bag* you can get from Play.com & Amazon.

*You know...The ones that go by your side kinda thing

maybe if i cant find a wii at lanch (ya right) i'll buy just the controller to play with it.

Nintendo last month revealed that its new Wii home console would ship with composite cables for standard resolution televisions. However, the company did not specify whether or not high-definition TV owners would be able to separately purchase Wii component cables to run games in progressive-scan, and hence we've been bombarded with a steady flow of questions from concerned readers.

Well, today you can finally stop flooding our e-mail boxes because Nintendo of America has commented on the subject and yes, your component cables are on the way.

A spokesperson for the company told IGN Wii this morning that the Wii component cables would be available for purchase with the launch of the console in November. The cables will cost $29.99 and will only be available through online retail outlets, including Nintendo's store, Best Buy, Circuit City and EB Games.

If you already own GameCube component cables, you're out of luck because these are not compatible with the Wii console.

Why Nintendo is again only selling its component cables via online retailers -- as it did with GameCube -- is a mystery, but at least the solution will be available immediately.

Nearly all of the 30 or so Wii launch window games run in 480p and 16:9 modes.

IGN