NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

Is that foam I see in the disc tray?

yes i think it is

The Wii's about 5x more sexy with the light on. :(

QFT lets all cry :( :( :(

errrm can anyone tell me why there is a psp in the pic? Its like putting a cat and dog together.

Can the wii be the cat? I don't like dogs.

:o I have a bulldog

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnywayz the Wii is looking sexier every damn minute! (or is that because I'm drinking milk?)

Is that foam there just to protect the wii during shipping (?) or is it actually part of the wii?

I would have imagined it was just a protective cover, and you would remove it once you took it out of its box, since theres no gap in that foam to insert a disc, meaning that its definatly a cover.

Is that foam there just to protect the wii during shipping (?) or is it actually part of the wii?
Foam?

Are you reffering to the load disc device?

Foam?

Are you reffering to the load disc device?

Is that foam thats part of it? Or is that the loading device itself?

Every Slot loading device I've seen uses that, I mean slot-in is not like most DVD drives where you have a "drawer" kind of device thus (that opens and closes), if left in vertical position, the dust could get in amongst other problems.

Also looking at the photos I can see a divisory foam pattern in there, although there's no visible opening gap (it's not supposed to) it'll "suck" the disc(s) in.

::p: yup I just dont like the fact the blue light wont be on all the time :(
That's bound to be configurable or even moddable I think.

Yeah a little disappointing, but maybe there's an option to turn it on or off. I mean if you were trying to sleep, having a big blue hue to your room would be cool and all but would be annoying after a while. And when you're playing it, you're not going to be looking at the WIi itself will you!

Hopefully there's an option to keep it on. If not, it still looks cool anyway!

I don't think the light could be on if the system is unplugged. As in, no power. As in, there is no electricity to turn the light on. As in, I really enjoy saying "as in" and sounding smart.

I don't think the light could be on if the system is unplugged. As in, no power. As in, there is no electricity to turn the light on. As in, I really enjoy saying "as in" and sounding smart.

Well der XD